What's new

My country won’t stand up against rape, but I have to stand up for the national anthem?

these meaningless pics are nothing but meaningless.....these candle light vigils are for two days, and then back to usual. BS don't stop with candlelight vigils. period.
At least in India we try to put the rapist in prison. Where you live they put the rape victim in prison.

Policing in India needs to improve for sure and I don't think states are doing enough on that but we don't have laws stating that you need four eye witnesses to prove rape.

What an idiotic argument. Rapes and other problem happens every where and this 5th columnist use that to not respect national anthem.
@HariPrasad , man look at ur posts.
and why are u getting flared up....I m agreeing with u, isn't it ??
and ya, screaming at somebody for not standing for the nat. anthem is being psycho. u can stand as long as u wish, but don't u dare lecturing somebody else.

The true sense of patriotism, that the author is trying to emphasize does not rest in mere symbolism but essentially in what one believes and practices in one's daily life. The article is correct, in my opinion in a sense that majority of those who are gravely razed and offended by someone not standing up for national anthem may not feel the same about gender inequality,poverty, poor educational standards, corruptions, caste discrimination or pathetically lack of environmental cleanliness which need far more greater attention by the Indian society today.

and ya, screaming at somebody for not standing for the nat. anthem is being psycho. u can stand as long as u wish, but don't u dare lecturing somebody else.

I think, you are trying in vein to convince a set of 'patriots' who believe it is more necessary to thrash someone for not standing up during national anthem, but not those who openly spits or leaves a lady for being molested in a public place to fight her battle alone.

Last edited:
At least in India we try to put the rapist in prison. Where you live they put the rape victim in prison. .
and where where do I live ?? before some preposterous presumption, try to think with ur brain and not ur a$$.
Policing in India needs to improve for sure and I don't think states are doing enough on that but we don't have laws stating that you need four eye witnesses to prove rape.
ya I agree, in my country also, we don't need four buggers to confirm rape. regarding policing, yeah, its very poor in rural areas. but in urban areas, its not that bad. what I blame is upon the "tolerance" of our nation towards rape. it seems we have surrendered ourselves to fate. "yeh sab to chalta rahega yaar" attitude is what killing us, as a civilization, right now.
moreover, there is a huge difference in the way ppl react to "different" rapes. nirbhaya case got the maximum attention, but nobody gives a shyte about all the rapes happening across india. just few weeks after nirbhaya, two cousins were gangraped and hanged by the tree in some lawless casteist village in UP, what happened ?? and "these" rapes are happening as u read my post.
situation is not that good my dear fren.

these meaningless pics are nothing but meaningless.....these candle light vigils are for two days, and then back to usual. BS don't stop with candlelight vigils. period.
It sounds so logical when you say so and somehow skip the logic part.

I'm sure you personally have contributed in better ways possible to the society. We just don't know about it yet.

I am happy that you agree with me but why I can not give lactures to others? Have the pseudo secular and fifth columnist have reserved the right to lacture others? DO you know how dangerous stand have you taken in the argument of your previous post. Tomorrow somebody will say that those who do not oppose against the murder are opposing the rape. Some one will argue that the murder in India is good since they do not kill people like ISIS. Giving a worse example do not make the lesser immoral act right.
The writer is a fifth columnist. He writes that had this happened with me , I would have lost all love for my country. What else can you expect from the traitors whose patriotism is so flimsy that it is lost at any time for such small incidents.

The true sense of patriotism, that the author is trying to emphasize does not rest in mere symbolism but essentially in what one believes and practices in one's daily life. The article is correct, in my opinion in a sense that majority of those who are gravely razed and offended by someone not standing up for national anthem may not feel the same about gender inequality,poverty, poor educational standards, corruptions, caste discrimination or pathetically lack of environmental cleanliness which need far more greater attention by the Indian society today.
People are extremely annoyed by corruption, caste discrimination, poor educational standards etc . The folk who are most fed up with the corruption, lack of educational opportunities, living amenities are the ones who leave the country and their families behind to settle abroad. It is not an either/or situation...you can be really mad about a lot of things at the same time. Being annoyed at dirty streets should not preclude you from being angry at someone disrespecting the flag. God knows there's plenty of material in the country to be angry about.

The true sense of patriotism, that the author is trying to emphasize does not rest in mere symbolism but essentially in what one believes and practices in one's daily life

I agree that true patriotism do not lies in mare symbolism but does that mean that who even do not want just symbolism are patriot and who symbolize are not?

and where where do I live ?? before some preposterous presumption, try to think with ur brain and not ur a$$.

You have a gulf country flag as your location. Looks like my a$$ is smarter than your brain. 8-)

This poster needs to be neutered for the sake of India. I repeat do not let this poster breed !!!
Good one :enjoy:

People are extremely annoyed by corruption, caste discrimination, poor educational standards etc . The folk who are most fed up with the corruption, lack of educational opportunities, living amenities are the ones who leave the country and their families behind. It is not an either/or situation...you can be really mad about a lot of things at the same time. Being annoyed at dirty streets should not preclude you from being angry at someone disrespecting the flag. God knows there's plenty of material in the country to be angry about.
The point is, how many times those who thrashed the family in the theater have done the same when they saw someone taking bribe or urinating on road? We will be wrong if we think that the writer feels the other way if someone does not stand up during the anthem; but what she wants to make us realize that people who ignore much more graver issues in their day to day life must not feel so razed about an offence that is not even punishable by law.

I agree that true patriotism do not lies in mare symbolism but does that mean that who even do not want just symbolism are patriot and who symbolize are not?

No it does not mean that at all.

The point is, how many times those who thrashed the family in the theater have done the same when they saw someone taking bribe or urinating on road? We will be wrong if we think that the writer feels the other way if someone does not stand up during the anthem; but what she wants to make us realize that people who ignore much more graver issues in their day to day life must not feel so razed about an offence that is not even punishable by law.

She is not making us realize anything atall, rather her conclusion has no paralance with the matter she want to discuss. what she wants to discuss can stand on its own, then why bring the national anthem issue. Its only because she wants to remain relevant in time, else what she has raised is nothing new.

saw someone taking bribe or urinating on road?

You are asking a question very similar to what Anupam kher was asked during award wapsi row. and I am sure you know people are people, no one roams with a stick in his hand to police or lecture. Its just one event when someone feels that he/she can do something in his/her capacity. It doesnt happen always and to say so will be un-natural.

It sounds so logical when you say so and somehow skip the logic part.

I'm sure you personally have contributed in better ways possible to the society. We just don't know about it yet.
ur approval is not required sir. i know very well what i do.

Sir, the average person would not do what this man in the movie theatre did .you or I might just ignore that family or talk amongst ourselves about it. People react differently. Many people will not react when they see a guy spitting, because we don't wAnt the hassle of dealing with a yahoo. However, some people do react,I once saw a group of women around a pump in Kerala almost beating up another woman because she had allowed her toddler child to defecate near the pump. It didn't come in the news but it happens. There are citizens groups in BangLore that clean up pedestrian crossings, repair roads, collect garbage all because the city staff are so useless. You remember that guy in HyderAbad who forced a famous movie star to go to the back of the queue? People do stand up, not everyone does, but many do, and that number is increasing every day.

You have a gulf country flag as your location. Looks like my a$$ is smarter than your brain. 8-)

Good one :enjoy:
regarding the gulf country, i have requested the change of flag to the mods way back at dec 2014. but mods are bz doing some more urgent stuff.
anyways, we appreciate ur a$$ for doing all the talking.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom