What's new

My Adventures Across China

hoho!I just finish my lunch and you make me hungry again! bro, you seem like a professional foodie! I suggest you check your weight every week, in case overweight :azn:

%E5%B1%8F%E5%B9%95%E5%BF%AB%E7%85%A7-2015-03-05-03-05-28-png.199203

@AndrewJin , is that you? LOL!

What a very big Panda ! LOL!!!

Broooooooo! It's CHINESE FOOD not @Nihonjin1051 's favourite American big size food.:china:

Buahahahahaha! @AndrewJin , all these pictures ...its making me really crave Chinese food tonight. I wanna eat Chinese so bad now.... :(:mad:

Deqin County was the ultimate destination of my 2014 Yunnan journey.
I've been dreaming to pay a pilgrimage to Meili Snowy Mountain and his main peak Kawa Karpo since 2010 when I was sacred away by the road condition there that time.

Meili Xue Shan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Meili Xue Shan : Climbing, Hiking & Mountaineering : SummitPost
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 13.52.54.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 13.55.28.png

No matter where I stood, the majestic range of Meili Snowy Mountain was there, all fourteen peaks from south to north, including the main peak 6740m-high Kawa Karpo whose eastern side a 12 kilometre-long Mingong glacier tumbles off, then further south even more sublime 6054m-high Miacimu (literally sacred goddess). I felt as if the time had been static and a sense of unprecedented unreality had overwhelmed me. Of all the mountains over 6km-high that have been granted with a name, Kawagebo and his adjacent peaks remain the only unconquerable. For the last two decades of 20th century, this range had witnessed several attempts with comprehensive cooperations, nevertheless, all ended up with massive mortality and in some cases the whole team was wiped out.

I was watching a relevant documentary about a joint Sino-Japanese climbing team’s fatal experience in the lobby of my hotel when it was so bright outside without stormy weather or misty clouds. His majesty looked so closed to me and to my soul, and I could hardly associate this heavenly panorama to those tragedies. Could anyone really conquer a mountain? Could a man simply announce his achievement by reaching the summit? Or just like an ant climbing up to the top of a tree? Ultimately, these gods and goddesses have been declared as summit-unaccessible by local administration under people’s intense pressure. It followed by some individuals in breach of this ban but with no exception merely tragic stories of missing adventurers were heard.

The whole range and a deep valley of Mekong(Lancang River)
At Feilai Temple Viewing Platform
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.43.15.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.32.11.png

Miacimu(6054m) and Five Fingers Peak(5470m) at sunset
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.33.12.png

Sunrise
日照金山(Sunlight over golden mountain)

It is said that seeing the summit of Kawa Karpo once will bring along an auspicious year. Then, it came, with my making new friends all around China and a grand hotpot feast together after nearly five days of solitude. Chatting, sharing with our traveling experiences and exchanging information for next destinations, we found it marvellous to find each other in such a desolate corner.
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.40.52.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.41.51.png

@AndrewJin , is that you? LOL!

What a very big Panda ! LOL!!!

Buahahahahaha! @AndrewJin , all these pictures ...its making me really crave Chinese food tonight. I wanna eat Chinese so bad now.... :(:mad:
Then u got to come here, bro, not Chinese food in the states:-)

Another observation platform called Wunongding(literally heavy fog summit)
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.53.17.png

Think about being woken up by Andrea Bocelli's voice, looking through the window and admiring Kawa Karpo's majesty whilst having a bath at this high-end guesthouse.
@Yizhi @Nihonjin1051 @powastick @yusheng
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 12.54.00.png

The abandoned highway, already replaced by a new tunnel before the road stretches into Deqin County.
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.09.28.png

This herdsman was really in fashion!!
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.10.47.png

The village of Wunongding
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.10.02.png

At Sunset
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.11.25.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.13.27.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-05 14.14.26.png

YES! 80RMB/per person hotpot buffet!
:cry:Ah,so expensive.
The revolving restaurant in Wuhan just cost 28yuan more.
And the hot pot restaurant should be cheaper..
50-60yuan is more suitable XD

Every time I see these beautiful scenery,I have a desire to leave for them:sad:(And I don't want to finish my homework,either)

Last edited:
:cry:Ah,so expensive.
The revolving restaurant in Wuhan just cost 28yuan more.
And the hot pot restaurant should be cheaper..
50-60yuan is more suitable XD

Every time I see these beautiful scenery,I have a desire to leave for them:sad:(And I don't want to finish my homework,either)
There is comparison dude. It's total authentic 腊排骨,牦牛肉,野鸡&腊猪脚. 80 yuan totally OK for this feast, I'll try again if I come back to Shangri-La.
And you will have plenty of time in college and now the priority is homework:-)

The natural enthusiast and hiker in me wants to climb that mountain !

Want to go back packing with me? ;)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom