What's new

My Adventures Across China

NG? U mean the TV channel?
Yeah, do China block National Geographic? They do have documentary on Qinghai-Tibet railway.

i thought you've covered that part of Sichuan?
mind you guys the Huanglong travel include a 4~5 hrs trip on foot (3100~3800m above sea level). it's not easy. there are oxygen stations along the travel path.

Huanglong, Sichuan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2013071002490943.jpg

1_huanglong_pools_aerial_2011.jpg

Map_of_Huanglong_Scenic_Spots.png
Water so clear, feel like jumping in for a swim.

i thought you've covered that part of Sichuan?
mind you guys the Huanglong travel include a 4~5 hrs trip on foot (3100~3800m above sea level). it's not easy. there are oxygen stations along the travel path.

Huanglong, Sichuan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

2013071002490943.jpg

1_huanglong_pools_aerial_2011.jpg

Map_of_Huanglong_Scenic_Spots.png
I've only been to Kangding County and Hailuogou Glacier.
Yeah, do China block National Geographic? They do have documentary on Qinghai-Tibet railway.

Water so clear, feel like jumping in for a swim.
I watched that railway documentary before. NG and Discovery of course not, but mostly we won't order that package cause we have CCTV Documentary. Have u heard of A Bite of China?

I watched that railway documentary before. NG and Discovery of course not, but mostly we won't order that package cause we have CCTV Documentary. Have u heard of A Bite of China?
Actually in Malaysia you can receive CCTV channel, but its illegal to install the device (Parabola). Malaysia restricted outside influence from it but not from internet. Yeah, but i'm not into food. The last documentary I watch was about Xia, Zhou, and Shang.

Last edited:
Actually in Malaysia you can receive CCTV channel, but its illegal to install the device (Parabola). Malaysia restricted outside influence from it but not from internet. Yeah, but i'm not into food. The last documentary I watch was about Xia, Zhou, and Shang.
Yep. But the order should be Xia Shang and Zhou;)

I have AIDS. Acute Income Deficiency Syndrome. Blessing of wealth wasn't in my favor. I'm afraid the trip to China must wait.

Remember, save now !

Hehehe beautiful. You're making me want to visit China , hopefully next November-December, i'd like to come back again.

the thread got moved again...:(

ever been to other parts of China besides Canton area? :).

Ningbo, i've also been to Fujian (tho it has been quite some time now ), Beijing, Shanghai. :)

I want to visit Tibet next time, its always been a dream of mine !

Ningbo, i've also been to Fujian (tho it has been quite some time now ), Beijing, Shanghai. :)

I want to visit Tibet next time, its always been a dream of mine !
so basically coastal areas? i recommend you my beloved Northeast, especially in the winter.:).

(altitude sickness ...:cry: )

so basically coastal areas? i recommend you my beloved Northeast, especially in the winter.:).

(altitude sickness ...:cry: )

China is similar to USA, bro. Both countries are just so vast and immense !

China is similar to USA, bro. Both countries are just so vast and immense !
China has too many hills but not as many beaches as US.

Dunhuang: a major stop on the silk road
Dunhuang City is located in Dunhuang Oasis, nurtured by the glacier water from Qilian Mountains, best known for UNESCO heritage site Mogao Caves.
Dunhuang - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Dunhuang.png

The landscape outside Mogao Caves
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.08.47.png

The exterior of Mogao Caves

Mogao Caves - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
屏幕快照 2015-03-17 19.52.47.png

I thought I would get bored. At last, mere 10 caves was not enough for me, I sneaked out of my group(30 visitors a group for random 10 caves) and finally watched at least 30 different caves. Anyone interested in cultures and religions of Silk Road should come here.
Photos are not allowed inside, but you can take some for replicas in an affliated museum.
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.13.29.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-17 19.54.51.png

Climb up to the top, and SAND-SKIING!! I tried twice.
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.19.01.png

And you can try dune buggy, SUV or glider.
I didn't bring enough cash for glider(a whole view of sand mountains and snowy Qilian Mountains):cry:
But dune buggy was also fun!!

屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.18.45.png

Driving a dune buggy to the very deep sand dunes where no tourists talked or rode camels.
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.18.31.png

How about driving a dune buggy all the way downward?
Waaaaay too stimulating! Adrenaline 100 folds.

屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.21.19.png

Local cuisine, yellow noodle(10yuan=$1.6) and donkey meat(30yuan=$4.8)
屏幕快照 2015-03-16 01.14.36.png

Dunhuang lamb soup(11yuan=$1.8)
屏幕快照 2015-03-15 23.58.16.png

the name "singing sand" reminds me of "drum sands" from the sublime dune books... but why is "singing sand mountain" called so??

and camels in beijing. !!!
Because the sands are singing:-)
Singing sand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

the name "singing sand" reminds me of "drum sands" from the sublime dune books... but why is "singing sand mountain" called so??

and camels in beijing. !!!
Camels in Beijing?

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom