What's new

My Adventures Across China

I still use it , lol. :lol:

But ys it was the most popular tool back in the day (high school and college days), in fact some of my really good friends from China , i was able to first know them through ICQ. Then we met up multiple times when i visited China , some of whom are now working here in the 'states. Small world --- vis-a-vis ICQ! ;) ;)

Spicy you say? I'll try one bite, if its too hot, i'll stop, if its okay, i'll finish it :)

So its spicier than Sichuanese ? :woot:

These are one of the minorities in Yunnan right? Their attire looks somewhat familiar with the Hmong people.

Still? seriously? ICQ is alive?
So you overestimate your cope-with-spicy-food-mechanism?
Yes, Naxi Nakhi people - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

But ys it was the most popular tool back in the day (high school and college days), in fact some of my really good friends from China , i was able to first know them through ICQ. Then we met up multiple times when i visited China , some of whom are now working here in the 'states. Small world --- vis-a-vis ICQ! ;) ;)

Spicy you say? I'll try one bite, if its too hot, i'll stop, if its okay, i'll finish it :)

So its spicier than Sichuanese ? :woot:

These are one of the minorities in Yunnan right? Their attire looks somewhat familiar with the Hmong people.
nihonji Did you have QQ number?we have QQ group and want you to join it

nihonji Did you have QQ number?we have QQ group and want you to join it
Agree. @Nihonjin1051

It took 6 hours by bus from Lijiang to a paradise called Lugu Lake.
I hiked around this lake both in 2010 and 2013. In 2013.

屏幕快照 2015-03-01 21.43.17.png

Just outside Lijiang City, the hilly road will descend dramatically to the riverside of Yangtze, the famous bends.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 21.07.03.png

屏幕快照 2015-03-01 23.53.13.png
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 21.07.17.png

This provincial road in 2013 was better than in 2010. But still, more sections should be upgraded into tunnels. Hope one day there is an expressway.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 23.52.48.png

After up and down, up and down for 6 hours, a first glimpse of Lugu Lake
It all deserved it.
屏幕快照 2015-03-01 23.55.51.png

Still? seriously? ICQ is alive?
...yup i'm the one never used ICQ, ever...:lol:

@AndrewJin These are beautiful places, I doubt i can afford to visit them all.
You definitely can. My last Yunnan trip in 2014, 8 days 3000RMB(500 us dollar) including everything.

You definitely can. My last Yunnan trip in 2014, 8 days 3000RMB(500 us dollar) including everything.
2010 Yunnan trip was 14 days 2000RMB

@AndrewJin These are beautiful places, I doubt i can afford to visit them all.
Basically very easy to spend less than 200RMB per day even in Beijing/shanghai if you don't mind youth hostel.
(50RMB a bed in Beijing, 30RMB a bed in Yunnan)
All the food i post here is cheap,

2010 Yunnan trip was 14 days 2000RMB

Basically very easy to spend less than 200RMB per day even in Beijing/shanghai if you don't mind youth hostel.
(50RMB a bed in Beijing, 30RMB a bed in Yunnan)
All the food i post here is cheap,
You can solo, I can't. My mandarin can barely make the passing level, and sometimes mainlanders speak too fast, is really hard to catch. Secondly, the way I speak, I would get foreigner price. Thirdly, I come from oversea, I need to account for Air tickets, and etc. China too big to visit every place.

You can solo, I can't. My mandarin can barely make the passing level, and sometimes mainlanders speak too fast, is really hard to catch. Secondly, the way I speak, I would get foreigner price. Thirdly, I come from oversea, I need to account for Air tickets, and etc. China too big to visit every place.

Go with a group buddy. Last time i was in China, i was with a group , it makes the experience worth while. :)

These fishing cormorant ... they eat fish first,then human eat next ... so disgusting~! :sick:

112911080_11n.jpg

It'll be fine for u. Westerners who can only say Nihao and Xiexie survive. Actually it is them who initiate Tiger Leaping Gorge hiking. And for tickets to air train and scenic sites, no difference. For food, those without a set menu, we will get higher price too if we cannot speak local dialect. Last year I even met a Japanese girl who traveled alone in Yunnan with a paucity of English( at last we wrote down Chinese characters to communicate).
Every time to China, better to centre on one region plus one or two gateway big cities. Avoid itinerary like Shanghai to Beijing to Xi'an to Guilin to Hongkong. That'll be too tired and costly. Better to(if u wanna visit your relatives) Xiamen, some cities in Fujian, then go north to Shanghai/hangzhou or go south to Canton/HK

Last edited:
It'll be fine for u. Westerners who can only say Nihao and Xiexie survive. Actually it is them who initiate Tiger Leaping Gorge hiking. And for tickets to air train and scenic sites, no difference. For food, those without a set menu, we will get higher price too if we cannot speak local dialect. Last year I even met a Japanese girl traveled alone in Yunnan with a paucity of English( at last we wrote down Chinese characters to communicate).
Every time to China, better to centre on one region plus one or two gateway big cities. Avoid itinerary like Shanghai to Beijing to Xi'an to Guilin to Hongkong. That'll be too tired and costly. Better to(if u wanna visit your relatives) Xiamen, some cities in Fujian, then go north to Shanghai/hangzhou or go south to Canton/HK

I agree. It's better to stay the entire trip in say Jiangnan region or Zhongyuan region, etc, to reduce travel time, and absorb the regional culture fully. Bunny-hopping across major cities lets you wonder where did you actually went?

Latest posts

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom