What's new

Muslims should be communal for their own good', Shazia Ilmi says

If Muslims are done what is guarantee that these rights will not turn on the remaining minorities??
Already there are voices against Christians.
So what ever animosity and hatred that is incited before elections should be curbed and the fabric of the country should remain as it is ....

Now you are clearly playing the card of fear mongering.

look around the world.

they have the maximum autonomy in India as compared to rest of the world

1) can shias and ahmadis practice what they want in pakistan or saudia ? no

2) can sunnis have religious autonomy in Iran ? no

this is the only place. . i repeat . . only place in the world where every sect is provided freedom to practice what they want.

if thats not enough. they can keep whining.

i'll call it a day now.

Now you are clearly playing the card of fear mongering.

look around the world.

they have the maximum autonomy in India as compared to rest of the world

1) can shias and ahmadis practice what they want in pakistan or saudia ? no

2) can sunnis have religious autonomy in Iran ? no

this is the only place. . i repeat . . only place in the world where every sect is provided freedom to practice what they want.

if thats not enough. they can keep whining.

i'll call it a day now.

How can the situation remain the same when rightists are inciting animosity don't you think we should stop this .......

Congress has turned muslims into victims by default fear mongering for community vote.

shazia, togadia ,owaisi are turning them into jihadis.

the ganga jamuna tehzeeb never had any such elements.

muslims just needs to be educated in order to identify ppl.

Muslims are too secular,' says AAP's Shazia Ilmi in video

New Delhi: In a video posted on YouTube,Shazia Ilmi, a top leader of Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party (AAP), is seen urging Muslim leaders, "I'm saying Muslims are very secular. Muslims need to be communal. A Muslim isn't communal - doesn't vote for his own. Arvind Kejriwal is one of you. You are too ...don't be this secular. Look after your own homes (interests)." NDTV cannot verify the authenticity of the video.

On its Twitter account, Ms Ilmi's party clarified, "AAP does not believe in this kind of politics nor does it endorse it."

Ms Ilmi told NDTV that her comments were "a play of words." She said, "I was making fun of this word 'secularism' which is used all the time. I said Muslims never think of themselves, they have become political slaves to a party."

The BJP now plans to complain against Ms Ilmi's remarks to the Election Commission. "Shazia Ilmi must give an explanation," said BJP spokesperson Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi.

In recent weeks, the national election has seen politicians using religion to court voters and making remarks designed to polarize votes, with the powerful Election Commission reacting swiftly. Azam Khan, a minister in Uttar Pradesh, has been banned from campaigning after a hate speech. Similar action was taken against the BJP's Amit Shah; after an assurance that he would not make hate comments, the ban on him was lifted last week.

Another BJP leader, Giriraj Singh, has been told today he cannot campaign in Bihar and Jharkhand for stating recently that critics of Narendra Modi will have to go to Pakistan after the BJP is elected. (Read more...)

This morning, Mr Modi, the BJP's prime ministerial candidate, condemned anti-Muslim remarks made by hardliner colleagues. "Petty statements by those claiming to be BJP's well wishers are deviating the campaign from the issues of development & good governance," Mr Modi tweeted. (No irresponsible remarks please, says Modi after Togadia controversy)

In a video that surfaced yesterday, Pravin Togadia, a top leader of of the right-wing Hindu Vishwa Parishad or VHP, was seen offering advice on how to prevent Muslims from buying property in Hindus-dominated areas of Gujarat.

'Muslims are too secular,' says AAP's Shazia Ilmi in video | NDTV.com

, "I'm saying Muslims are very secular. Muslims need to be communal. A Muslim isn't communal - doesn't vote for his own. Arvind Kejriwal is one of you. You are too ...don't be this secular. Look after your own homes (interests)."

Welcome to Indian politics.... Now AAP also can themselves an "Indian Political Party" in every aspect.....

LOL

and i can see Shazia " Nautanki ' ilmi joining those rightists.

If we see the voting pattern of the muslims they all voted for Congress all these years , she is addressing this issue and want the traditional vote bank of Congress to vote for AAP.

This will ultimately help BJP, this is a political move.

The Muslim vote bank will be split between Congress and AAP and BJP gaining from this.

If we see the voting pattern of the muslims they all voted for Congress all these years , she is addressing this issue and want the traditional vote bank of Congress to vote for AAP.

The Muslim vote bank will be split between Congress and AAP and BJP gaining from this.

LOL

frankly i don't give a hoot about whats helping BJP or whats harming UPA.

but my whole point of argument is that this self proclaimed AAM janta is doing exactly the same thing what they accuse others for.

LOL

frankly i don't give a hoot about whats helping BJP or whats harming UPA.

but my whole point of argument is that this self proclaimed AAM janta is doing exactly the same thing what they accuse others for.

Politics goes either way ..... once some one uses the same card how can he expect others not to use the same card??

1. That's a problem. Development, employment, prosperity jay bhaad mein.* Congress must be voted - for many Sunnis that has been the formula for far too long. I can shroud that sentence in diplomatic niceties but that is the bare truth in its naked form. Besides she did not say that become smart, nationalist and vote for us. She did not say that let's fight corruption together with other non Muslim Indians. She did not say let's go shoulder to shoulder with all communities and fight injustice. No. She said that be communal and vote for us! That's what Muttahida Majlis e Muslimeen does.

2. You think Ms. Ilmi is a secret RSS agent? :azn:

* I can smell the counter argument that they feel vulnerable and hence vote for Congress. By that logic all Kashmiri Pandits would have joined the Bajrang Dal or at least voted entirely for BJP. Hindu refugees from Assam and Bangladesh as well as from Sri Lanka would have become BJP votebanks. Nothing like that happened.

1. That's a problem. Development, employment, prosperity jay bhaad mein.* Congress must be voted - for many Sunnis that has been the formula for far too long. I can shroud that sentence in diplomatic niceties but that is the bare truth in its naked form. Besides she did not say that become smart, nationalist and vote for us. She did not say that let's fight corruption together with other non Muslim Indians. She did not say let's go shoulder to shoulder with all communities and fight injustice. No. She said that be communal and vote for us! That's what Muttahida Majlis e Muslimeen does.

2. You think Ms. Ilmi is a secret RSS agent? :azn:

* I can smell the counter argument that they feel vulnerable and hence vote for Congress. By that logic all Kashmiri Pandits would have joined the Bajrang Dal or at least voted entirely for BJP. Hindu refugees from Assam and Bangladesh as well as from Sri Lanka would have become BJP votebanks. Nothing like that happened.

Regarding communal vote bank politics ... it is mainly represents minorities in India.

Hindus are majority here ....... majority Hindus rule and it do not make any difference for Hindus if BJP or Congress comes to power as long as their concerns like Job creation and development are met.

But What I am opposing here is that during the run up to 2014 general elections , the word secularism is shown as Taboo and some fears are induced in common Hindu so that they will be polarized and vote for BJP. This thing should be stopped.

Regarding Ms.Ilmi ..... it is not that simple to say whether she is working for RSS or not.

Regarding communal vote bank politics ... it is mainly represents minorities in India.

Hindus are majority here ....... majority Hindus rule and it do not make any difference for Hindus if BJP or Congress comes to power as long as their concerns like Job creation and development are met.

But What I am opposing here is that during the run up to 2014 general elections , the word secularism is shown as Taboo and some fears are induced in common Hindu so that they will be polarized and vote for BJP. This thing should be stopped.

Regarding Ms.Ilmi ..... it is not that simple to say whether she is working for RSS or not.
In the Indian context 'minorities' means Muslims and secularism has been screwed to a point of perversion. If Mulayam Singh, Azam Khan, Owaisis, Ilmis are secular, I am a communal fanatic.
Hindus rule? In India? The dominant discourse is Hindu politics in India?
And 'Regarding Ms.Ilmi ..... it is not that simple to say whether she is working for RSS or not' - :cuckoo:
I rest my case.

I tried of this nonsense. If muslims want to be communal ,be prepared for the backleash as the backleash will lead to total destruction of islamic community of India.

How can the situation remain the same when rightists are inciting animosity don't you think we should stop this .......

Open your eyes. Sheesh! They have a problem with us buddhists as well in Buddhist and non-Buddhist countries.

The right wing is not inciting the problem. If you cannot see the dangers and appease them non-stop like this, then don't cry when they riot.

then howcome AAP claiming to be different from others ?

they are also in the same filth then ans share equal guilt of lying and misleading the people :pleasantry::pleasantry::pleasantry:

As Irani ji once said clearly, they are just the B team of Congress.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom