What's new

Muslims in Mathura hold anti-cow slaughter convention

omkar

Reaction score
Muslims in Mathura have pledged that they would not allow cow slaughter in the district. The decision was taken during the anti-cow slaughter convention held at Islamia Inter College on June 9. According to convener of the organisation, Abdul Zabbar, “The Muslims of Mathura are not in favour of cow slaughter. It is the handiwork of outsiders who kidnap cows and then slaughter them”.

“Cow slaughtering was started by Britishers in order divide both the communities. The country got independence owing to Hindu-Muslim unity,” Sant Ramesh Baba, who was the first to start crusade against mining in hillocks of Barsana about two decades ago, said.

In order to protect the culture of Brij, unity in both the communities is a must, Sant Jai Kishan Das, National President of Yamuna Rakshak Dal said during the convention, which also addressed issues relating to pollution of river Yamuna.

“I am sure that none of the Muslim in Mathura is involved in cow slaughtering since 99 per cent of the Muslims here do not consume beef,” claimed SP leader and social worker Ashok Agrawal.

Several Muslim leaders present during the convention jointly pledged that they would not allow cow slaughtering in the district and would start a crusade against it.

Muslims in Mathura hold anti-cow slaughter convention | Niti Central

What a wonderful gesture ....its acts like these that make India truly secular. :tup:

This will also raise the respect for muslims among the hindu community........... I wonder how many muslims and christians in pdf support this gesture ....... that would be an interesting observation.

Of course there are some who believe killing cows is what makes us 'secular' :rolleyes:

Mathura is a holy place of the Hindus. Obviously in a Hindu state cow slaughter would further marginalize a community already badgered. Mathura Muslims have no choice. They should drive the cattle into BD and come here to party on beef.

Muslims in Mathura have pledged that they would not allow cow slaughter in the district.

Islamism that favors Hindu nutz.

pathetic.

I am all for respecting traditions. But I do not want bunch of Mullahs or Pundits to make laws.

I thought India was a democracy where parliament (federal or provincial) is the ONLY law making body.

Apparently not in case of cow slaugthter and other pathetic shenanigans.

sadly

Islamism that favors Hindu nutz.

pathetic.

I am all for respecting traditions. But I do not want bunch of Mullahs or Pundits to make laws.

I thought India was a democracy where parliament (federal or provincial) is the ONLY law making body.

Apparently not in case of cow slaugthter and other pathetic shenanigans.

sadly

Shenanigans ??

This is not land of pure .

And don't have any wish to become more purer day by day.

Peace, unity, communal harmony and respect for one's religious views are of utmost importantance.

I thought being a muslim you must be knowing about fatwas.

One more thing we have our own sharia court in Mumbai.

So stop dividing my country like mullah nuts of your country on payrolls of GOP.

Shenanigans ??

This is not land of pure .

And don't have any wish to become more purer day by day.

Peace, unity, communal harmony and respect for one's religious views are of utmost importantance.

I thought being a muslim you must be knowing about fatwas.

One more thing we have our own sharia court in Mumbai.

So stop dividing my country like mullah nuts of your country on payrolls of GOP.

Please do not start Pak-Ind $hit shoveling.

In a democracy parliament (federal or provincial) is the ONLY law making body.

Do you think this decision of local people of Mathura district violets some articles of Indian Construction ??

you mean Indian "constitution" right? (and not indian construction).

I start with the basic principle of "who makes laws" in a parliamentary democracy.

Answer: Parliament

(and not some street thug Mullah sitting in some mad house madrassah)

Your question: Who decides if any law is against the constitution.

Answer: High Court.

Hope this helps.

p.s. I see many posters do not make an effort to learn basic "civics". And thus a lot of PDF posts are based on "emotions" and "utter lack of knowledge and understanding". Sorry to say.

With due respect to my countrymen....

Who should look after and feed the cows once they become non-milk able/aged? There are many Poor farmers and families who rely on live stock to feed their family and if they have to feed the livestock for nothing who will feed them?

I guess, it is individual religious concern hence that particular religious organization should pay for such cows and arrange a shelter for them…A charitable trusts can be formed to support this initiatives..! lets not expect government to pay for it.

you mean Indian "constitution" right? (and not indian construction).

I start with the basic principle of "who makes laws" in a parliamentary democracy.

Answer: Parliament

(and not some street thug Mullah sitting in some mad house madrassah)

Your question: Who decides if any law is against the constitution.

Answer: High Court.

Hope this helps.

Historian bhai ,you being an old member should be aware about the federal structure of Indian constitution.

In many states of India slaughtering cow is banned and if there was something wrong in it then high court or supreme court would have intervened on the account of some anonymous PIL in this matter since that didn't happen you must deduce that it is perfectly in sync with our constitution.

I think this must suffice for eradicating misconception regarding our constitution in your mind.

Back
Top Bottom