What's new

Muslims in India don’t get Rooh Afza this Ramazan

Bete Saamne hota to batata tujhe Chu*iya kaun hai. Keyboard ke peeche baithke bhaunka bada aasan hai. Bhaunkta reh.

Awww im scared.. samnay hota tu nay konsa L0(a ukhar lena tha? Teray jaisa 5 aur hotay tou bhi ghanta ukhar letay?

Beti tuj say ziada hi jaan ha. Yeh jo chutiyoun wali dhamkian hain na, yeh sub school, college mein kar chuka hoon...

On the point, the bottle I got was manufactured in India. There may be a shortage of roohafza in India right now but doesn't mean that all of it is being imported from Pakistan. And even if it is imported from Pakistan, I don't see the problem. I like the drink, doesn't make me anti-national.

Beti hamdard india hasnt produced it since years now. Ankhien pech.. mein hai teri? Article bhi parh lay..
As for my post, chutiye it was in jest..

Last edited:
@jamahir

roh e afdha piyega?

Thanks for the generous offer but I have a bottle.

Rooh Afza which is made in India dont taste and feel anything like Pakistani.

bus aik dafa ghalti ho gai thi, dobara nahi.

I don't know if you are being nationalistic but Rooh Afza is too sweet for me generally, to be had occasionally.

But maybe it will be nicer in milk or curds.

I also like this more than rooh afza its more light and also this one
20180803_233137-300x350.jpg

don't know if u tasted this but it taste so unique and refreshing in summer

What are these ( I cannot read Urdu script ) ??

Is it badam ??

What are all these ??
May be this...............

1-300x300.png

Sharbat Sandaleen 800 ml

I have once had a drink with actual sandalwood scrapings in it.

Delicious !!

Me thinks he's more the gow-jal type! :enjoy:

You know so much about me. You should be the next ISI director.

He was literally claiming the drink as Indian. So kinda ironic

I said the origin of the drink is Indian.
Hamdard Introduces RoohAfza Fusion

1491983724_fWQ1Cb_Roohafza-Fusion-470.jpg

Look yum !!

Do they sell in india?

There's another drink like Rooh Afza here. Azam something.

It used to say ISI ( Indian Standards Institution ) until some year ago when it became BIS ( Bureau of Indian Standards ).

It comes with a small gift pack of balloons too.

‘Rooh Afza is available at all major retail stores’: Manufacturer denies reports of supply shortage

Hamdard Laboratories, which makes the popular rose-coloured beverage, said production was at ‘peak capacity’ at its factories.

119319-vcouttrkgy-1557403999.jpg

The rose-coloured beverage is popular in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh. It is served during the iftar evening meal when Muslims end the Ramzan fast. | Hamdard

Beverage company Hamdard Laboratories on Thursday said Rooh Afza, a popular rose-coloured beverage that it manufactures, was available at all major retail stores and grocery outlets across the country amid reports of a supply shortage.

Several users on social media had complained they were not able to find Rooh Afza in stores. The company, however, said the beverage – which is popular in India, Pakistan and Bangladesh, and served during the iftar evening meal when Muslims end the Ramzan fast – was being produced at “peak capacity” at factories.

“Due to Ramzan and peak summer season coinciding, there has been an unprecedented demand in the market,” Hamdard Laboratories said in a statement. “Hamdard was facing supply constraints of certain herbal ingredients which were not available due to a temporary shortage.”

The company said it was ensuring the beverage reaches shops across the country through “full-capacity production and a well-planned distribution infrastructure”.

Muslims in India don’t get Rooh Afza this Ramazan

468267_4173628_Rooh-Afza_updates.jpg

NEW DELHI: As the holy month of Ramazan-ul-Mubarak has begun in India, Muslims are facing with a major crisis as they find it difficult to have ‘Iftar’ without RoohAfza, a sherbet (syrup) in the market.

The ‘Iftar’ (breaking the fast in the evening) is traditionally consisted of pakoras, fruit chaat, dates and RoohAfza. An iftar without RoohAfza is just not the same, at least for North Indian Muslims.

RoohAfza, the sherbet made by Hamdard Laboratories, has been off the market for four to five months now, and is not available at online stores.

However, one of Hamdard’s directors Mufti Shaukat told that production of the sherbet has restarted only recently. “RoohAfza will be back soon,” he said.

Hamdard officials did not explain why it stopped production, but tried blaming it on the shortage of “raw material”. The truth, a source claimed, has to do with a family dispute.

The dispute is over the chair of Chief Mutawalli (equivalent to CEO) of Hamdard, which is currently held by Abdul Majeed, the great-grandson of Hakeem Hafiz Abdul Majeed, the Unani medicine practitioner who founded the company in old Delhi over a century ago. The company also owns various traditional medicine brands.

Abdul Majeed’s cousin Hammad Ahmed has been trying to take over the company, claiming rightful inheritance. He even went to court for it, and the legal battle put a stop to the production of RoohAfza, sources said.

Hamdard is registered as an irrevocable Islamic trust, known as a waqf, and under its rules, transfers 85 per cent of its profits to the Hamdard National Foundation, an educational charity. The foundation runs, among other institutions, the Jamia Hamdard in Delhi. The deemed university has the distinction of running the only private medical college in Delhi, and this valued institution, sources say, is a major reason for the family dispute.

The battle went straight up to the Supreme Court, which in its judgment on 3 April, refused to give interim directorship to Ahmed.

RoohAfza’s social media accounts have been dormant since September 2018, only coming out of the deep on Facebook recently to say they’re “overwhelmed by the love” shown by their patrons, hunting the sherbet will be back in the market soon.

Sources said the production of RoohAfza has restarted only under pressure from Muslims due to demand in Ramazan, and not because the legal dispute has reached any resolution. There have even been rumours of RoohAfza shutting down.

Founder Hakeem Hafiz’s younger son Hakeem Mohammed Said had migrated to Pakistan and established Hamdard Laboratories Waqf Pakistan soon after Partition.

This entity has been an indirect beneficiary of the legal dispute raging in India, since the sales of imported Pakistani Rooh Afza have shot up. Although it’s not readily available in stores, the Pakistani version is selling for over Rs 375 a bottle, as against Rs 145 for the one manufactured in Ghaziabad.

Hamdard’s plans to modernise its business and grow its revenues were stopped due to the dispute. Meanwhile, Pakistani Hamdard is growing fast, having given a production licence in Bangladesh and dominating global exports of RoohAfza.
Rooh afza not important or mandatory for fasting so cut this stupid crap it has nothing to do with ramzan

58733037_2117886114993014_603883676106752000_n.jpg

59305795_2117895631658729_4645704324075225088_n.jpg

Rooh Afza and PIA collaborates to serve Ready To Drink Rooh Afza GO to the passengers this holy month of Ramadan. A great initiative by both the brands to bring the taste of home to everyone away from home!

So rooh e afdha is an article of faith?

You all should must add tukh malanga in your aftaar drinks . It is very healthy nd cool for your stomach .

Back
Top Bottom