What's new

Muslim woman removed from flight

LMAO. I remember when an aged Indian politician in a sari was checked repeatedly and humiliated while sporting a saari when traveling to the US. The Indians in the forum were jumping up and down, and they had reason to. It's just that when a situation such as this occurs to a Muslim female, I hate to see the same Indian members engage in double standards.

LMAO. I remember when an aged Indian politician in a sari was checked repeatedly and humiliated while sporting a saari when traveling to the US. The Indians in the forum were jumping up and down, and they had reason to. It's just that when a situation such as this occurs to a Muslim female, I hate to see the same Indian members engage in double standards.

Where? Almost all Indian posters here sympathize with her plight, but you cannot also deny the fact that this is all happening to 9/11 whereby any one with a brown skin is looked on with suspicion in the west. We may feel enraged, but its their country and its their rules and the woman herself is American.

Silly analogy , the lady in question was the ambassador to the U.S. & she was not going to the U.S. ; was traveling between cities. The security officers were made aware of her position & still chose to search her; hence the outrage. No one is about to take umbrage at every single act directed at ordinary passengers. As better analogy would be this - immediately after 9/11, an Indian man flying to Singapore was detained & questioned after a fellow passenger claimed that he had told him that he was a terrorist. Turned out that when the Singapore man asked the Indian his profession, the Indian had said that he was a "Bass Guitarist". :lol:The Singapore police put it down to bad communication owing to the Singapore man's unfamiliarity with the English language. No point in making a mountain of a molehill every single time.

Useless thread......bottom line is that for the sake one people...do you want to put a stake of 500 other people?? I think every one understand the answer.....truth hurts...We all are hypocrites...when that one man is Indian..then we indian criticize america...if this is pakistani......then we indian never let this opportunity to put a slogan against pakistan.....if this is USA muslim....then entire muslim worlds jumps to criticize as if they treat well with their minority population in their won country....But everyone forgets that it is the US who takes of its citizen in best possible like no one else does...So if some people dont like how the rule of the nation is ...then its simple ..leave USA and go wherever you want...

Muslims should stop playing the victim card at every opportunity that he/she gets. Period.

If prejudice/anti muslim bigotry played a role, courts should punish the airline/staff. If not, then there's no case.

Americans are trying to create Islamophobia and which actually is resulting in growth of Islam but these kind of incidents will bring more trouble and hatred for USA and will not do any thing good to USA

pretty much anyone brown with a beard will be pulled over for extra searching its something that we all unfortunately have to except the ignorance of the bigot is too strong to defeat

Actually read your ticket i think you will find most airlies do have the right to refuse you passage, seeing there are probably 40 lawyers writting the small print they probably dont have to give you a reason, its their aircraft.

Wrong.

They can't refuse service just because the pilot doesn't like black people. It has to be a reasonable reason. That's what the court will decide.

Dont the tickets have some note like this on the back, that the airline has full rights to get you out?

Anyway, wrong stuff TBH, but I dont think the sue will work in her favor, if the ticket did indeed have a notice on the back.

immediately after 9/11, an Indian man flying

A lot of things were excused in the hysteria immediately after 9/11. That does not justify 'unreasonable paranoia' ten years after.

Who says "It's a go" anyway, apart from Americans?

She is an American.

Even if she said "It's a go" how is that a threat? Was she discussing a business deal, a house purchase, a dinner party?

The airline would have to show that any reasonable person would have reacted the same way if a non-Muslim person had said the same thing in conversation. As you said, it is a common Americanism used in varying situations, so where again is the threat indication?

Back
Top Bottom