What's new

Muslim Philosopher Says Islam Has Given Birth To Monsters, Needs Reform

I don't see it ending anytime soon. It's only going to get worse. There is too much hatred for non sunni or non Muslim for it to end.

Now you have.
I have heard of many such so each has a degree just coz he calls himself Philosopher or whatever? No wonder Indians are confused about ISIS who mind you is also CALLING HIMSELF something ...self proclaimed stuff seems to sell best :tups:

[

Wrong interpretations, wrong understanding, poverty, illiteracy, utter lack of those democratic values which were practiced during the early Caliphate with the inflexible integrity, and rigid justice establishing wise regulations for the strict administration of the law throughout the region. Some massive reforms are requited at every level. Muslim world desperately need some good leaders. Mullas have done severe damage to our cultural norms. Its simply because we have handed over our basic responsibilities in there hands. In Islam every one can become Imam to lead prayers (Salaah). The conditions to become Imam are simple such as to have good characteristics, good knowledge of Salaat, pious and senior in age, noble and good in voice....it's a pity that we have handed over simple jobs like leading prayers to some appointed Mullahs and Maulvees who are taking full advantage of their position which most of them don't deserve at all. Not to mention the proper interpretation of Holy Quran here. Recently a christian couple was burnt alive in Punjab and some local Maulvi was behind all that shameful act....!!
Only & only education with removal of poverty along with extremely rigid system of Justice can save us from the future disasters.

Your solution will take generations to implement and show results though I agree with your diagnosis.

I have heard of many such so each has a degree just coz he calls himself Philosopher or whatever? No wonder Indians are confused about ISIS who mind you is also CALLING HIMSELF something ...self proclaimed stuff seems to sell best :tups:
Instead of his credentials try to analyse his thoughts and ideas.

Instead of his credentials try to analyse his thoughts and ideas.
There is a reason why credentials are important just like you wouldnt want a butcher to give your MBBS students lectures.....

Your solution will take generations to implement and show results though I agree with your diagnosis.
It will take generations no doubt, but will be much more effective...60 or 70 odd years are like any single weather season for some proper, durable reformations to be rooted deeply.

islam is perfect....who cares what muslims do....if its good, its islam, if its bad, its not islam...

lol..gotta love the logic.
What's wrong with that logic? What 'gotta love the logic'? It's clear and simple: Islam promotes good and condemns bad. Muslims believe that because its the truth. If you believe otherwise, you are seriously delusional. You may have different definitions of what's good and what's bad, but there is no denying that Islam promotes good and condemns bad. People have just corrupted the definitions of good and bad.

Anyways, hypothetically speaking, what will you achieve if you manage to convince Muslims that they are wrong and their religion actually promotes bad? Majority won't be changing their religion. What you'll end up with is an even worse situation than it already is.

Unless you actually understand anything, keep the witless comments with yourself.

There is a reason why credentials are important just like you wouldnt want a butcher to give your MBBS students lectures.....
But a butcher may give you some valuable advice on things that have nothing to do with his profession. You dont have to be a Maulvi/scholar to speak on Islam or any religion for that matter so long as you are not a complete outsider not even having lived in a society your are commenting on

What's wrong with that logic? What 'gotta love the logic'? It's clear and simple: Islam promotes good and condemns bad. Muslims believe that because its the truth. If you believe otherwise, you are seriously delusional. You may have different definitions of what's good and what's bad, but there is no denying that Islam promotes good and condemns bad. People have just corrupted the definitions of good and bad.

Anyways, hypothetically speaking, what will you achieve if you manage to convince Muslims that they are wrong and their religion actually promotes bad? Majority won't be changing their religion. What you'll end up with is an even worse situation than it already is.

Unless you actually understand anything, keep the witless comments with yourself.

that's exactly the logic i am lolling at. The situation islam is in today is because of your type of thinking. You did not bring anything new in your post other then that you find my comments witless. I can't help with that.

You need more folks like this author as well as Salman Rushdie, http://www.amazon.com/Why-I-Am-Not-Muslim/dp/1591020115, to name a few.

. You dont have to be a Maulvi/scholar to speak on Islam or any religion for that matter so long as you are not a complete outsider not even having lived in a society your are commenting on
That is like saying you dont have to be a surgeon to operate.....even a carpenter will give you good advice ....

So if we follow the bolded part...then why did Dr. Zakir who has lived in India all his life among Hindus as well as other religions hated soo much? He didnt need to be a scholar....to comment on Hinduism, right?

The situation islam is in today is because of your type of thinking.
Believing that my religion promotes good is a problem?

You did not bring anything new in your post other then that you find my comments witless.
I did bring one thing new, maybe you'd have seen it if you bothered to read it - The corruption of the definitions of good and bad .That's an actual problem - not my mindset. I'm all for reformation of MUSLIMS, I just deny that Islam is wrong. Many Muslims are wrong, Islam is not. And Turkey, for example, is worlds apart from Nigeria. Both are Muslim countries but they are completely different. Islam has nothing to do with their problems, just like Christianity has nothing to do with American school shootings. The more you highlight and target Islam, the further away you are from the truth.

You need more folks like this author as well as Salman Rushdie, http://www.amazon.com/Why-I-Am-Not-Muslim/dp/1591020115, to name a few.
image.jpg

Oh really? Please do tell me why.

I don't see it ending anytime soon. It's only going to get worse. There is too much hatred for non sunni or non Muslim for it to end.

Have some patience pal. Its just 1400 years old :-) and counting

Back
Top Bottom