What's new

Mushrraf: Fundamentalists in the Army

I can only hope this weed-out policy will be applied at the middle ranking officer level as well - the majors, colonels, brigadiers etc. The cesspool of militant sympathizers needs to be cleaned out across the board within the officer corps.

its not as "chronic" as many are led to believe! - an officer or jawan having a beard dosnt classify him as a fundamentalist. there is a tradition in most navies to have beards, does that mean they are fundamentalist!!!
racial profiling, stereotyping by the west of our army and muslims in general are the reasons for such perceptions!

there is a tradition in most navies to have beards, does that mean they are fundamentalist!!!

On non serious note yes they are actually straight basic fundamentalist.
Fundamentally do not like to shave.

So perception is critical

looks like u got a axe to grind against the "rust pickers"!!!

Just hate shaving..

Always considered it stupid when on any form of ops you were supposed to shave.
So I am a basic fundamentalist in that regard.

its not as "chronic" as many are led to believe! - an officer or jawan having a beard dosnt classify him as a fundamentalist. there is a tradition in most navies to have beards, does that mean they are fundamentalist!!!

haha - my concern has nothing to do with people growing beards.

However, I hope the army high command appreciates the importance of weeding out militant sympathizers across the middle ranks as well.

haha - my concern has nothing to do with people growing beards.

However, I hope the army high command appreciates the importance of weeding out militant sympathizers across the middle ranks as well.

I think we should weed out American sympathizer Generals, who after selling Pakistan usually settle abroad.

I think we should weed out American sympathizer Generals, who after selling Pakistan usually settle abroad.

Fair point and worth debating whether it is right or wrong.

However, that does not mean we ignore the need to weed out the militant sympathizers from the PA.

The days of running a proxy jihad empire on the back of pseudo-religious mercenaries are over.

Its a new world - get used to it.

Clearly the militant sympathizers have yet to be fully weeded out from the military.

-----------------------
Five Army officers held for link to Chicago suspects
AP

ISLAMABAD: Five Pakistani army officers have been detained for questioning over possible links to two US terror suspects accused of plotting an armed attack on a Danish newspaper, intelligence officials said on Tuesday. Last month’s arrests of David Coleman Headley and Tahawwur Hussain Rana in Chicago have cast a fresh spotlight on Lashkar-e-Tayyaba. US prosecutors said the two men were believed to be working with an unidentified senior member of the outfit and a senior Al Qaeda operative. Two Pakistani intelligence officials, speaking anonymously said phone records showed the five Pakistani officers had contacted Headley and Rana. They say the five include a retired brigadier general and two active lieutenant colonels, but did not provide more details.

Clearly the militant sympathizers have yet to be fully weeded out from the military.

-----------------------
Five Army officers held for link to Chicago suspects
AP

ISLAMABAD: Five Pakistani army officers have been detained for questioning over possible links to two US terror suspects accused of plotting an armed attack on a Danish newspaper, intelligence officials said on Tuesday. Last month’s arrests of David Coleman Headley and Tahawwur Hussain Rana in Chicago have cast a fresh spotlight on Lashkar-e-Tayyaba. US prosecutors said the two men were believed to be working with an unidentified senior member of the outfit and a senior Al Qaeda operative. Two Pakistani intelligence officials, speaking anonymously said phone records showed the five Pakistani officers had contacted Headley and Rana. They say the five include a retired brigadier general and two active lieutenant colonels, but did not provide more details.

ISPR clarified that it was only one retired major who was detained. The above story is incorrect.

Not suggesting that there may not be sympathizers in the military (even the US has had them), but that it is not as widespread an issue as it is being made out.

from the time Zia was appointed CoAS by ZABhutto, till his death in 1988, there was a deliberate institution of "islamization" of the PA, esp the western oriented officers cadre, so therefore at this time many in the general staff have had had gone through this orientation - Musharraf and Kiyani have "weeded out" this "mind-set" from the top, key echelons of the PA.

Agreed, but 99.9% percent of armed forces induction is from fundamentalist society of Pakistan , PA shall remain great muslim army considered in top 10 best armies of world (our SSG ranking is three in world).

Agreed, but 99.9% percent of armed forces induction is from fundamentalist society of Pakistan , PA shall remain great muslim army considered in top 10 best armies of world (our SSG ranking is three in world).

lol I dont think so if that was the case Most religious based politcial parties would be in power all times they only get about 2% of the vote in any given election.

Well, what i think is that if 5 officers of PA can plan and have the ability to find executers in USA of their plan, then in my humble opinion, the USA should be afraid, very very afraid of the abilities of PA.

In above mentioned scenario, if PA is so very capable then such an army if decides to wage a war against the USA on USA soil then the USA should surrender immediately.

This is all bullshit, but it may not be wrong as far as arrests of PA officers is concerned because this govt. is so weak that it'd literally order the arrest of COAS on USA direction.

Last edited:
ISPR clarified that it was only one retired major who was detained. The above story is incorrect.

Not suggesting that there may not be sympathizers in the military (even the US has had them), but that it is not as widespread an issue as it is being made out.

Frankly, I find AP version to be more credible than the ISPR one considering the story is not exactly great PR for the military.

While more weeding out is needed, I do believe things have improved drastically since early 2008 and the hardliners appear to be increasingly marginalized.

Last edited:
lol I dont think so if that was the case Most religious based politcial parties would be in power all times they only get about 2% of the vote in any given election.

Unfortunately , religious political parties MMA( was second largest party emerged in previous election during Musharaf era), JI, JUI always failed to deliver their commitments , but if you join percentage votes of MLN and MLQ it will be more then 65% of total vote caste in last election.ML shall remain largest muslim party of Pakistan who created Pakistan on basis of two nation theory.

Please update your records.:lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pakistani_general_election,_2008

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom