What's new

Musharraf Ki Yaad AAyi Us Kay Janay Kay Baad

Saad Bhai i would like to give you some of Musharrafs accomplishments as i am not able to list them all here. please take a look.

Pak Economy in 1999 was: $ 75 billion
Pak Economy in 2007 is: $ 160 billion
Pak Economy in 2008 is: $ 170 billion

GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in 1999: $ 270 billion
GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in 2007: $ 475.5 billion
GDP Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) in 2008: $ 504.3 billion

GDP per Capita Income in 1999: $ 450
GDP per Capita Income in 2007: $ 926
GDP per Capita Income in 2008: $1085

Pak revenue collection 1999: Rs. 305 billion
Pak revenue collection 2007: Rs. 708 billion
Pak revenue collection 2008: Rs. 990 billion

Pak Foreign reserves in 1999: $ 1.96 billion
Pak Foreign reserves in 2007: $ 16.4 billion
Pak Foreign reserves in 2008: $ 8.89 billion

Pak Exports in 1999: $ 8 billion
Pak Exports in 2007: $ 18.5 billion
Pak Exports in 2008: $ 19.22 billion

Textile Exports in 1999: $ 5.5 billion
Textile Exports in 2007: $ 11.2 billion

KHI stock exchange 1999: $ 5 billion at 700 points
KHI stock exchange 2007: $ 75 billion at 14,000 points
KHI stock exchange 2009: $ 20 billion at 4,972 points

Foreign Investment in 1999: $ 301 million
Foreign Investment in 2007: $ 8.4 billion
Foreign Investment in 2008: $ 5.19 billion

Large Scale Manufacturing (LSM) in 1999: 1.5%
Large Scale Manufacturing (LSM) in 2005: 19.9%
Large Scale Manufacturing (LSM) in 2008: 4.8%

Debt servicing 1999: 65% of GDP
Debt servicing 2007: 28% of GDP
Debt servicing 2008: 27% of GDP

Poverty level in 1999: 34%
Poverty level in 2007: 24% Overall, 12 million people have been pushed out of Poverty in 2001 -2005!

Literacy rate in 1999: 45%
Literacy rate in 2007: 53%

Pak Development programs 1999: Rs. 80 billion
Pak Development programs 2007: Rs. 520 billion
Pak Development programs 2008: Rs. 549.7 billion

Dollar1997-1999 : 40-52
Dollar 2000-2007 : 53-60
Dollar 2008-2009 : 61-83

Inflation 1998 : 7.8%
Inflation 2007 : 7.7%
Inflation 2008 : 25%

FACT: Jan 14: Pakistan now has a total of 245,682 Educational institutions in all categories, including 164,579 (i.e. 67 per cent) in the public sector and 81,103 (i.e. 100 per cent) in the private sector, reports the National Education Census (NEC-2005). The census — jointly conducted by the Ministry of Education, the Academy of Educational Planning and Management (AEPAM) and the Federal Bureau of Statistics (FBS) — reveals that the number of private-sector institutions has increased from 36,096 in 1999-2000 to 81,103 in 2005, i.e. by 100 per cent. 45,007 Educational Institutions have increased in Musharraf Era.
FACT: Pakistan is 3rd in world in Banking profitability, a report of IMF said. On the IMF chart, Pakistan’s banking profitability is on third position after Colombia and Venezuela. On the IMF chart India is on 36th position and China is on 40th position. Pakistan’s Banking sector turned profitable in 2002. Their profits continued to rise for the next five years and peaked to Rs 84.1 ($1.1 billion) billion in 2006
In 1999-2000 there were 31 Public Universities. Now 2005-2006 there are 49 Public Universities
President Musharraf inaugurated an over Rs. 1.36 billion 18 Mega Watt Naltar hydro power project. The project, completed in four years at Naltar near Gilgit
The Private Power Infrastructure Board (PPIB) has approved expansion of Tarbela dam power project that would generate 960 MW costing $500 million.
President Musharraf Thursday inaugurated the Mirani Dam. Mirani Dam in Kech area of Mekran district with a catchment area of 12,000 square kilometre has been built in four years at a cost of Rs6 billion that includes Rs1.5 billion in compensation to the affected people. It will have a storage capacity of over 300,000 million acre feet of water.
Gomal Zam Dam: This project started Aug 2002 and is expected to be completed early 2008. It is located in the Damaan in NWFP. It is 437 feet high and will irrigate about 163,000 acres of land. The total costs amounts to Rs. 12 billion. Having a gross storage of 1.14 MAF. It will produce 17.4 MW of electricity.
Telecom sector has attracted an investment of $ 9 billion in last three years. It created of 80,000 jobs directly and 500,000 jobs indirectly.
Corrupt & Incompetent Nawaz Sharif made one motorway M2 (Lahore – Islamabad). Under Musharraf 6 Motorways completed or under construction:
M1 (Islamabad to Peshawar) – (Rs.13 bn) – [155 km] – (started 2003 – Completed Oct 2007)
M3 (Pindi to Faisalabad) – (Rs.5.6 bn) – [53 km] – (started 2002 – Completed 2004)
M8 (Gwadar to Ratodero) – [1072 km] – (started 2004 – will complete 2009)
M9 (Karachi to Hyderabad) – (Rs.6.3 bn) – [136 km] – (
M10 (Karachi Northern bypass) – (Rs 3.5 bn) – [56 km] – (completed 2007)
M11 (Lahore to Sialkot) – (Rs.23 bn) -[101 km] – (started 2006 – under construction)
Under Musharraf various Highways under construction throughout the country. Including N5, N-25, N-35, N-45, N-50, N-55, N-65, N-70, N-75, N-80, S-1, etc.
2-12-07: Sialkot International Airport Limited (SIAL) completed. The 1,002-acre airport is 13 km west of Sialkot and is linked by a road to Gujranwala, Wazirabad, Gujrat, Narowal, the Export Processing Zone (EPZ) and the Sialkot Dry Port Trust.
37. Ghandara International Airport (Islamabad) the first-ever green-field airport being built at a cost of $400 million; with a renowned international consultant, Louis Berger Group of USA. President Musharraf laid the foundation stone of the project on April 7, 2007 and will be completed by Dec 2010. Its total area is 3700 acres (15 km²).
Police Act 1861 replaced by Police Order 2002 after 141 years. Police force divided into three separate wings: Watch and ward, Investigation and Prosecution

Jiyeeeee Musharraf !!

If Mushi has done some good work, then he's also done alot mistakes. But we cann't say our current leaders are more good than him except Imran

Sir see..
I never said that current politicians are the best nor I said Musharaf is all bad...I just said we cannot say him a "leader"...
Current politicians are all corrupt with few exceptions...
Musharaf did good things but the balance of his account goes towards bad things than good ones...
I hope you try to understand...

:pakistan:

Mr Musharif did some positive work

a) Taxation Reforms
b) IT sector development
c) Telecommunication improvement and investments
d) Gwadar port develop and stimulation of economy in that sector
Brining in China as partner to protect the interests
e) Strategic deals to bring in F16 52 block fighters to Pakistan
f) Military improvements moderanization
h) Enhanced freedom of Press , which openly debated political issues
before public
I) Iran Pakistan Gas Peace Line was signed right towards end of his
term

During his term Pakistan's business credit rating was considered GOOD I belive meaning good for doing "international business"

For me , his biggest achivement was protecting Pakistan post , and Pakistan came out even stronger then ever after working closely with US

I think if Ms Butto had listened to Musharf's appeal to not be back in pakistan perhaps she would still be alive. And he also survived countly deadly attacks against him

My biggest disappointment for me were

a) His confrontation with Judicial Systen
b) Failiure to bringing Imran Khan as Prime Minister to correct judicial
in first place
c) His vision to get Pakistani out of political Limbo by bringing in old
leaders back with NRO which was also a briliant move
as the west was going to declare Pakistan a failed state etc

I think an ideal Gov

Would be

President Musharif (Improve Business Proces)

Prime Minister Imran Khan (Solve Baluchi issue & Security)
He might have some credibility

Forigne Affairs Nawaz Sharif (Get more $ from Gulf investment)

Civic Development Get someone form MQM as they done well
in Karachi but implement things nationally

Economy Zardari , improve Publics access to food and rooti
which is mandate of PPP

General Kiani ~ Focusing on Nuclear weapons, East and West coast
of Pakistan and terrorism

There is a much needed need of creation of department of Anti Terrorism branch which should handle chemicals, heavy weaponry and registry of weapons etc

Again , I don't see just 1 group or party , being the solution as Paskistani our solution is if every one realize the over all goal and does something for Pakistan -

Becasue every one want to be the cheif , we don't reach the full potention if in 1 generation we get all the right ppl in right posts in our country we can definitly have 100 billion reserves in 4-7 years

In an Ideal world -

b) Failiure to bringing Imran Khan as Prime Minister to correct judicial
in first place

Does Imran Khan enjoy any mass support at all? He is more a superficial leader, how many seats did his party secure? If I remember correctly, only he was elected for parliament from his party! Of course, he could be a good leader, but that is beside the point.

c) His vision to get Pakistani out of political Limbo by bringing in old
leaders back with NRO which was also a briliant move
as the west was going to declare Pakistan a failed state etc

It was not his vision, it was forced on him. Nawaz and Bhutto had the backing of everyone, US, UK, KSA..etc. Everyone wanted Musharraf to allow these leaders to return to Pakistan.

Gen Musharraf will complete his 2 years' requirement today :victory:

I hope to see him in action very soon!!!!!!!!!!!

Facebook

Responding to Your Questions

Today at 07:22
The Forum - PART 1
Q: On Constitution’s Article 6 trial
Q: Action taken by Nawaz Sharif on 12 October 1999
Q: On Nawab Akbar Khan Bugti's death
Q: Reasons for imposing emergency on November 3, 2007
Q: War on terrorism

The Forum - PART 2
Q: Foreign actors after Afghan war

The Forum - PART 3
Q: Criticism by media that resignation on pressure by US
Q: Reasons did not fulfill the promise to resign as chief of Army
Q: War on terrorism, what, when, how it will end
Q: What action should US President Barak Obama take?
Q: Current law and order scenario, and future development of it

The Forum - PART 4
Q: Current political situation in Pakistan
Q: Army response of Kerry Lugar Bill
Q: Future role of army in the context of democracy in Pakistan
Q: Significance of National security council

The Forum - PART 5
Q: Army’s popularity
Q: Presidential form in Pakistan
Q: Solving Baluchistan problems
Q: Entering Pakistan politics again
Q: Message to Pakistani nation

Last edited by a moderator:
The Afghan-Pakistan Solution
An exit strategy must be predicated on achieving military and political goals, not dictated by time limits.

By PERVEZ MUSHARRAF

My recent trip to the United States has been an enriching experience, during which I had a very healthy discourse with the American public and an opportunity to understand their concerns about the war in Afghanistan. One question I was asked almost everywhere I went was, "How can we stop losing?"

The answer is a political surge, in conjunction with the additional troops requested by Gen. Stanley McChrystal. Quitting is not an option.

A military solution alone cannot guarantee success. Armies can only win sometimes, and at best, create an environment for the political process to work. At the end of the day, it is civilians, not soldiers, who have to take charge of their country.

After decades of civil war and anarchy, the Taliban established control over 95% of Afghanistan in 1996. Unfortunately, the Taliban imposed their strict interpretation of Islam on the country. Nevertheless, I proposed to recognize the Taliban regime, in the hope of transforming them from within. Had my strategy been enacted, we might have persuaded the Taliban to deny a safe haven to al Qaeda and avoided the tragic 9/11 attacks.

Another golden opportunity to rescue the Afghan people emerged after the United Nations sanctioned international military operation launched after 9/11. Having liberated Afghanistan from the tyranny of al Qaeda and Taliban, the U.S. had the unequivocal support of the majority of Afghans. The establishment of a truly representative national government which gave proportional representation to all ethnic groups—including the majority Pashtuns—would have brought peace to Afghanistan and ousted al Qaeda once and for all. Unfortunately this did not happen.

The political instability and ethnic imbalance in Afghanistan after 9/11 marginalized the majority Pashtuns and pushed them into the Taliban fold, even though they were not ideological supporters of the Taliban. The blunder of inducting 80,000 troops of Tajiks into the Afghan national army further alienated the Pashtuns.

Meanwhile, Pakistan forcefully tackled the influx of al Qaeda into our tribal areas, capturing over 600 al Qaeda and Afghan Taliban leaders, some of them of very high value. We established 1,000 border checkposts and even offered to mine or fence off the Afghanistan-Pakistan border, but this never came to pass. The Afghan government, led by President Hamid Karzai, had no writ outside of Kabul, and the insufficient ground troops of the NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF) allowed the Taliban to regroup. The 2004 invasion of Iraq shifted the focus and also contributed to the Taliban gaining ground in Afghanistan.

Al Qaeda terrorists who fled from Afghanistan came to Pakistan and settled initially in South Waziristan. Through successful intelligence and law-enforcement operations, we eliminated al Qaeda from our cities and destroyed their command, communication and propaganda centers. They fled to the adjoining North Waziristan, Bajur and Swat regions.

From 2004 onwards, we witnessed a gradual shift in the terrorist center of gravity. The Taliban started to re-emerge in Afghanistan and gradually gained a dominant role. They developed ties with the Taliban in Pakistan's tribal areas, especially in North and South Waziristan. With a grand strategy to destabilize the whole region, the Taliban and al Qaeda established links with extremists in Pakistani society on the one hand and with Muslim fundamentalists in India on the other. They pose a grave threat to South Asia and peace in the world.

We now have to deal with a complex situation. Casualties suffered by our soldiers in the line of duty will not go wasted only if we are able to fully secure our next generations from the menace of terrorism. The exit strategy from Afghanistan must not and cannot be time related. It has to ask, "What effect do we want to create on the ground?" We must eliminate al Qaeda, dominate the Taliban militarily, and establish a representative, legitimate government in Afghanistan.

The military must ensure that we deal with insurgents from a position of strength. The dwindling number of al Qaeda elements must be totally eliminated, and the Taliban have to be dominated militarily. We must strengthen border-control measures with all possible means to isolate the militants on the Afghanistan and Pakistan sides.

The Pakistan military must continue to act strongly. Operationally, we must raise substantially more forces from within the tribal groups and equip them with more tanks and guns. On the Afghan side, the U.S. and ISAF troops must be reinforced. All of this must be done in combination with raising additional Afghan National Army troops, with significant Pashtun representation. Exploiting tribal divisions, we should also raise local militias.

On the political front, we need an invigorated dialogue with all groups in Afghanistan, including the Taliban. Afghanistan for centuries has been governed loosely through a social covenant between all the ethnic groups, under a sovereign king. This structure is needed again to bring peace and harmony. We have to reach out to Pashtun tribes and others who do not ideologically align themselves with the Taliban or al Qaeda. I have always said that "all Talibans are Pashtun, but all Pashtuns are not Taliban." Pakistan and Saudi Arabia can play pivotal roles in facilitating this outreach.

Pakistan and Afghanistan were shortsightedly abandoned to their fate by the West in 1989, in spite of the fact that they were the ones who won a victory for the Free World against the Soviet Union. This abandonment lead to a sense of betrayal amongst the people of the region. For the sake of regional and world peace, let us not repeat the same mistake.

Mr. Musharraf is a former president (2001-2008) and chief of army staff (1998-2007) of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan.

Pervez Musharraf: The Afghan-Pakistan Solution - WSJ.com

lol...musharraf saying that afghan solution is not army..hehe why didn't he gave the same statement in 2001 when he himself allowed US army to pak..this guy is crazy..mujhay tau koi yaad nahin aayi musharraf ki...thank god we got rid of these kind of ppl who choosed back doors to come in and become a hero..

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

Dreaming to see dictator getting noosed..

muhammad, Sir,
Please tone down your language. It is offensive and degrades the decorum of a great forum.

Regards,
TruthSeeker

why didn't he gave the same statement in 2001 when he himself allowed US army to pak...

Gen. Musharraf is not crazy he is suggesting a solution according to the problem.

CVan you name one Pakistani politician who would have stopped the US attack on Afghanistan?

Also, why an attack on Afghanistan a primary concern for Pakistan? We should worry about ourselves so that we can become strong and help others.

Loans worth Rs60 bln written off during Musharraf's era

Updated at: 1730 PST, Thursday, December 03, 2009
ISLAMABAD:

The government banks and financial institutions waived loans worth Rs60 billions during the 8-year military rule of General (retd.) Pervez Musharraf, Geo News has learnt.

Those who got their loans written off include politicians, bureaucrats and former military officials. In addition, business groups and engineering companies also got their loans waived during 1999 to 2007.

The list includes Federal Minister Mian Manzoor Watto, Senator Haroon Akhtar Khan, Malik Allah Yar, father of Minister of State Malik Ammad Khan, Sindh’s Opposition Leader Jam Madad Ali, and Haleem Adil Sheik of PML-Q Sindh.

Punjab’s provincial minister Mian Shujaur Rehman, actress Samina Peerzada, Mujeeb-ur-Rehman Shami, former army’s officials, Major General (retd.) Abdul Qayyum, Major Gen (retd.) Farhat Ali Khan, Lt General (retd.) Muhammad Amjad.

Meanwhile, the organizations, which got their loans written off, include National Bank, Pak-Kuwait Investment, Pak-Libya Holding, Saudi-Pak Investment, IDBP, Pak-Oman Investment, Agricultural Bank, SME Bank, Bank of Khyber, Punjab Provincial Cooperating.

Source: Loans worth Rs60 bln written off during Musharraf's era

Now my question to the blind supporters of the former dictator: Politicians are corrupt, no doubt about that but why Mr. Musharraf allowed all these loans to write off during his time? Was that his personal money that he let go so easily? Had he not came forcefully into power in the name of good governance? What the good governance was doing while he was writing off the loans?

Sometimes it is easy to discuss things with a thela wala because despite his lack of education, he will still have common sense. There is no cure for someone's lack of common sense.

How much of Rs. 60 Billion was for individuals vs. institutions? Obama admin has written off billions for banks. Canadian govt. and credit card isnurance companies write off individual consumer loans on a regualr basis.

This is a practice to support banks and other institutions. How much of the write offs were loans after Oct. 1999?

Secondly the source is the Jang Group which owes billions in tax money to the govt of Pakistan and the GoP.

Here is one dIscrepancy by Rauf Klasra (reporter of The News):

The official record available with The News which was placed in the NA in the past showed that a mind-boggling sum of Rs30 billion in loans was written off between 1985-2002, benefiting the top politicians, military men and powerful industrial groups of the country. The list was compiled by the then caretaker government of Moin Qureshi in 1993.

Most of Rs100bn loans written off in Musharraf era

How can a report compiled in 1993 cover the span up to 2002?

Who were the benficeries of 1985 to 2002 period which saw Rs. 30 Billion plus in written off loans.

Again Gen. Musharraf is not perfect BUT he is better then NS and the PPPP. None of the write offs were for himself, I would suggest all to find out the share of BB and NS from the Rs. 30 Billionn before going for mindless Musharraf bashing.

Sometimes it is easy to discuss things with a thela wala because despite his lack of education, he will still have common sense. There is no cure for someone's lack of common sense.
Indeed, a thela wala exhibits more common sense as well as knowledge than a blind Musharraf supporter.

How much of Rs. 60 Billion was for individuals vs. institutions? Obama admin has written off billions for banks. Canadian govt. and credit card isnurance companies write off individual consumer loans on a regualr basis.
Speaks for you utter lack of knowledge or a deliberate attempt of hiding the facts behind the dust of dis-information. Neither Bush nor Obama administration has written off any thing, instead they have given the banks and the companies loans on the promise that those loans will be returned back as well as bought large number of shares (as in the case of auto companies). Only yesterday, Bank of America has made an announcement that it is going to repay all the loan it had taken from the Government. Before the some of the Auto company had also paid back a portion of the loans taken. So please do not attempt to spread dis-information here.

This is a practice to support banks and other institutions. How much of the write offs were loans after Oct. 1999?
Before the country was run by the thief and thugs, so don’t talk about before, talk after 1999 when a pious dictator took power in the name of good governance, what happened of that good governance?

Secondly the source is the Jang Group which owes billions in tax money to the govt of Pakistan and the GoP.
Bull, this news first came from the GoP and than more details were provided by the various news paper not only Jang.

Back
Top Bottom