What's new

Musharraf Ki Yaad AAyi Us Kay Janay Kay Baad

Excellent point mate. We need to give credit where due and Gen. Musharraf just did that, besides, we need to close the gap between Muslims and Jews so that we could help the Palestenian cause.

Gen. Musharraf made an excellent choice of words, Nawaz Sharif and Ahmedinijad both should learn some diplomacy from Musharraf. Both gents should also learn that after a while rants without action become barking. :)

I agree with you SSGPA….
We should eliminate the gap between Muslims and Jews…
But do you think that Jews will stand on their agreement?
History tells something else…
Do you think we should give them a second chance?
Who has the upper hand Jews or Muslims?

:pakistan:

Plz answer!
Was Zardari better choice against Musharraf??

And answer should be only "yes" or "no"!

I think if you go on the process of becoming president..then 'YES' zardari is better than musharraf as he came according to constitution.musharraf we all know how he kicked the elected Govt. of nawaz and sat.he ruined the constitution.And in our constitution there is only one punishment for like this kind of person.the man should be hanged.Well you could see his popularity in 18 feb elections..he said 'if you like me then vote for pml(Q).'but we have seen how badly they were defeated:sniper::tdown::tdown:

I agree with you SSGPA….

I would have loved musharraf if he was going to make relations with israel..:mps:

I would have loved musharraf if he was going to make relations with israel..:mps:

I would have loved if anything happened in the past was based on equal say...
I do not think Musharaf was capable enough to sit on the other end of the table with Israeli Establishment...
He could improve relations but it was not possible without a sacrifice….
If Musharaf thinks he is an Einstein than do not forget Israeli Establishment is Einstein’s dad…

I liked Musharaf’s approach but we had to sacrifice somewhere down the road as Israel has immense support of West….

I agree with you SSGPA….

A journalist asked Musharraf if the US trusts Pakistan as a partner and Gen. Musharraf replied that we trust the US as much as they trust Pakistan. same is true for Israel.

They are not going to be our best buddies or anything but atleast a relationship should always be there so that we can support Palestenians with medicines, books etc.

A journalist asked Musharraf if the US trusts Pakistan as a partner and Gen. Musharraf replied that we trust the US as much as they trust Pakistan. same is true for Israel.

They are not going to be our best buddies or anything but atleast a relationship should always be there so that we can support Palestenians with medicines, books etc.

Ya but a relation is better than no relation..I am a supporter of having relations with israel,what you all think..?:azn:

Well you could see his popularity in 18 feb elections..he said 'if you like me then vote for pml(Q).'but we have seen how badly they were defeated

How badly? Do you have numbers?

PML-N was only able to beat PML in Punjab.

PML was able to get at least 5 seats from each province BUT PML-N got ONLY 1 seat outside of Punjab!!

In 1999, Nawaz Sharif was a national leader now he is only a leader from North and Cewntral Punjab.

Even with low popularity in 2008, Gen Musharraf was able to get PML seats from all over the country where Nawaz Sharif was a complete failure across the nation. :lol:

That I agree...
We can help Palestine by this
Nice post man...
:smitten:

Even with low popularity in 2008, Gen Musharraf was able to get PML seats from all over the country where Nawaz Sharif was a complete failure across the nation.
In the elections, it was PPP/PML(N) against the state (Musharraf)-sponsored PML(Q) not PML(N) alone against PML(Q). As a result, PPP/PML(N) defeated state (Musharraf)-sponsored PML(Q) proving that the people of Pakistan had overwhelmingly rejected Musharraf-sponsored party.

Pakistan Muslim League (Q)'s main leaders including 22 former federal ministers which constitutes a bulk of the previous federal cabinet have faced crushing defeat. Chaudhry Shujaat Hussain (Party President/Former Prime Minister), Chaudhry Pervaiz Elahi (Former Chief Minister Punjab) (lost 2 out of 3 seats), Sheikh Rashid Ahmad (Former Railways Minister), Dr. Sher Afgan Niazi (Former Minister for Parliamentary Affairs), Wasi Zafar (Former Law Minister), Humayun Akhtar Khan (Former Commerce Minister), Chaudhry Amir Hussain (Former Speaker National Assembly), Rao Sikandar Iqbal (Former Defense Minister), Hamid Nasir Chattha (former Federal Minister), Khurshid Mahmud Kasuri (Former Foreign Minister), Daniyal Aziz (Chairman NRB), Makhdoom Khusro Bakhtiar (Former State Minister for Foreign Affairs), Awais Leghari (Former IT Minister), Nasarullah Dareshak, Chaudhry Moonis Elahi (lost 1 out of 2 seats), Chaudhry Shahbaz Hussain (Former Minister for Population Welfare), Muhammad Ijaz-ul-Haq (Former Minister for Religious Affairs), Liaquat Ali Jatoi (Former Minister for Water and Power), Sardar Yar Muhammad Rind (Former Minister for States and Frontier Regions), Naurez Shakoor (Former Minister for Science and Technology), Ishaq Khakwani (Former State Minister for IT), Sikandar Hayat Bosan (Former Minister for Food and Agriculture), Ghulam Sarwar Khan (Former Minister for Labour and Manpower) to include the few, have lost their seats.

Last edited:
The higher education reform under Musharraf resulted in over fivefold increase in public funding for universities, with a special emphasis on science, technology and engineering. The reform supported initiatives such as a free national digital library and high-speed Internet access for universities as well as new scholarships enabling more than 2,000 students to study abroad for PhDs — with incentives to return to Pakistan afterward. The years of reform have coincided with increases in the number of Pakistani authors publishing in research journals, especially in mathematics and engineering, as well as boosting the impact of their research outside Pakistan.

Haq's Musings: Dr. Ata-ur-Rahman Defends Pakistan's Higher Education Reforms

Haq's Musings: Musharraf's Economic Legacy

The higher education reform under Musharraf resulted in over fivefold increase in public funding for universities, with a special emphasis on science, technology and engineering. The reform supported initiatives such as a free national digital library and high-speed Internet access for universities as well as new scholarships enabling more than 2,000 students to study abroad for PhDs — with incentives to return to Pakistan afterward. The years of reform have coincided with increases in the number of Pakistani authors publishing in research journals, especially in mathematics and engineering, as well as boosting the impact of their research outside Pakistan.

Haq's Musings: Dr. Ata-ur-Rahman Defends Pakistan's Higher Education Reforms

Haq's Musings: Musharraf's Economic Legacy
Honest but hastily planned and poorly executed reforms, blame does not go to Musharraf though as this was never his subject but to his aides, especially Dr. Atta ur Rahman, who happens to be my first PhD (I did the second one abroad) advisor years ago.

Sending prospective candidates abroad for getting PhDs in respective fields is not the key to the problem, but providing them with enough incentives to come back and utilize what they have learnt is the real thing. From incentives, I do not mean salary, but a conducive environment (that includes labs and funding) where research could take place. I personally know dozens of guys who came abroad but never went back or went back and decided no to stay in Pakistan. I am also one of those who went abroad (self sponsored though), than returned back soon after the PhD, and failed miserably to find a job in Pakistan. Why? Because I (and many others like me) had more publications than the Associate Professors in Pakistani Universities, and were viewed as a threat to their career. So sending abroad was not useful until the prevailing culture is changed, which is impossible to change until you establish more universities and hire fresh blood instead of retired folks who have no interest in welcoming better and younger folks.

Unfortunately none of these reforms or basic requirements if you will could ever take place, and even after spending millions, we are still standing from where we had started the whole thing. All we did was generated more skilled manpower for the developed countries on our expense.

BB and NS ensured that only their kids are educated but Gen. Musharraf tried his best to improve our higher education system. I am sure supporters of NS and BB will find a way to marginalize this achievement as well. :lol:

As always, Gen. Musharraf is far better than NS and PPPP.

BB and NS ensured that only their kids are educated but Gen. Musharraf tried his best to improve our higher education system. I am sure supporters of NS and BB will find a way to marginalize this achievement as well. :lol:

As always, Gen. Musharraf is far better than NS and PPPP.
You have any data to backup your claim? You are saying that before Musharrafi rule, there were no scholarships? No one but the BB and NS kids were studying abroad? Did you bother to read the last paragraph of my post "Unfortunately none of these reforms or basic requirements if you will could ever take place, and even after spending millions, we are still standing from where we had started the whole thing. All we did was generated more skilled manpower for the developed countries on our expense"?

Why you pass such judgmental comments while not knowing the shred of the facts?

Back
Top Bottom