What's new

Musharraf calls for India and Pak to ‘bury the hatchet’

Mushrraf is evil and coward who forced his army to attack india and when india attacked pak army than mushrraf runaway in china and declared it wasnt pakistani army.... So many pakistani army men who died are still in india and our army salute them every year at kargil victory day.... Mushrraf is coward who never respected its own military men.... After a decade he declared few top army men who died in kargil was indeed pakistani army.... He the one who made pakistan looked evil. He the one who brought america inside pakistan and he the one who killed benazir bhutto.... And now he hiding in uk.... i think he should stop talking about friendship. He not the right man to patch up india and pakistan....

that india should stop telling everyone a tiny nation with no army at that time took half of our Kashmir, bohoooo bohoooo

History according to pakistani text books ??

tumblr_lltzgnHi5F1qzib3wo1_400.jpg

I appreciate Musharraf for at the very least trying for a detente. He had almost worked out a deal that went soutyh because of domestic politics in Pakistan and one that was initially disowned by the present PPP government because the demonstrations in Kashmir made them believe that they could get more. Unfortunately for them, 26/11 happened and India put all talks on Kashmir into the freezer. Also the PPP's initial flip-flop has made the Indian government extremely cautious because of the worry that actually making compromises & signing a deal with Pakistan could soon be challenged by another government in Pakistan thus making it a very risky proposition unless all parties are in board and in agreement with any deal made.

I dont think any Indian is averse to a peace and development.

Yes the Kashmir issue needs to be resolved.

But HOW they want it solved is the biggest issue. Am sure Musharraf wont like India's solutions :D

Musharraf doesn’t regret Kargil war, says he didn’t know ISI was helping terrorists against India

Former Pakistan President General Pervez Musharraf on Saturday remained adamant about not regretting the Kargil war, and even suggesting that he did not know if Pakistan spy agency ISI was operating terror camps against India. However, he said both India and Pakistan need to change their stance on Kashmir and Siachen.

Speaking to CNN-IBN’s Suhasini Haider, he said he does not have any regret for the Kargil war. “You divided half of our country. We are not talking about that. Why are we not talking about Siachen? I am not going to comprise on the honour and dignity of Pakistan. I have no regrets for Kargil,” he said.

The Kargil war, which began in May 1999, lasted for more than two months before Pakistan soldiers, who had crossed over the LoC, were forced to withdraw after the Indian Army captured several mountain tops overlooking the Srinagar-Leh highway. Even though Pakistani authorities and army have been claiming that the mountain tops were occupied by terrorists, but evidence with the Indian Army showed that they were Pakistani regular soldiers.

Musharraf also provoked a new controversy by suggesting extremism is on the rise among the Indian Muslim youth. On the trust deficit between both the countries, he said, “The worst of all, the intelligence organisations. They got into a confrontational mode. They got into a confrontation and launched a proxy war against each other in each other’s countries, and in the region and may be globally. So this was the state and in its entire complexity, the result was that there was a total breakdown of trust and confidence and may I say that we became enemies.”

On the issue of dimilitarisation, he said, “We should open as amany routes as possible. We should increase people to people contact. But this is possible only when we do something about the visa regime and ease the visa regime. And again ‘niyat’ is required.”

Musharraf doesn’t regret Kargil war, says he didn’t know ISI was helping terrorists against India | idrw.org

Already whooped the u know what part 3 times in our history and we are/always will be ready to beat the sh!t our of your u know what part ,infinity times more.

Bring it on!

Hahahahah bro get a life

Ist war Stalemate U got half Kashmir and we got half Kashmir
2nd war Total Stalemate.
3rd Ya u whooped our ***. Because East and West Pakistan are thousand miles apart So its really hard to win in such scenario where u r dealing with miscreants like Mukti bahini and upon that dealing with scums like u. Still in my opinion PA performed well.

Now the situation is changed

4th war It will be last for both countries. Either any of the two countries will take TOTAL control of kashmir or both will be gone to oblivion

Hahahahah bro get a life

2nd war Total Stalemate.
3rd Ya u whooped our ***. Because East and West Pakistan are thousand miles apart So its really hard to win in such scenario where u r dealing with miscreants like Mukti bahini and upon that dealing with scums like u. Still in my opinion PA performed well.

Well.....!

I am in, no mood to convince you that it was not a stalemate. Just wanna say we achieved our objectives in all those previous war's. :)

I personally dont have any problem if you will keep calling them stalemate. After all...... :D-

4th war It will be last for both countries. Either any of the two countries will take TOTAL control of kashmir or both will be gone to oblivion

Amen to that. Thats why i said in previous post.

Bring it on :)

Hahahahah bro get a life

The first war was started AFTER Pakistani marauders invaded Kashmir and occupied a third of it. India stepped in to ensure it didn't occupy the rest. You got one-third, we got two-third. NOT HALF AND HALF. And we got to keep the best parts of it, including Kashmir valley, and Jammu.

Then, of the measly one third that you had, you gifted a big chunk to big daddy china, because for you it is just a question of strategic interest and money, not a feeling of the land having been yours for thousands of years, like it is for us. Pakistan sold parts of Kashmir to China and now they have the audacity to keep pretending that they are trying to take Kashmir for the love of the Kashmiri people.

So eventually you have something like 20 percent of Kashmir, and India has 66 percent, and China got the rest from you. Don't go about consoling yourself that you have half of Kashmir. You don't, and never did. And even the part that you have wasn't fought and won from India, you just happened to occupy that sovereign nation before India stepped in and stopped your invading Pashtuns.

And about that fourth war part. Trust me, we are not going to commit national suicide for the sake of Kashmir, and we don't need to. We will keep Indian Kashmir for as long as the republic of India exists. Kashmir is not a national obsession for us, like it is for you. You may have these rhetorical statements from all your people about a grand war that is a win all or loose all and all that. We don't live with such rhetoric, we simply take the position that we will have Kashmir as long as we exist, and for that, we won't need to destroy the whole country. All we need to do is to keep doing what we are doing now. Maintain an unbridgeable military superiority over Pakistan, and continue to develop economically and socially in Kashmir and everywhere else. And watch the people of Pakistan breed all kinds of terrorists and extremists to take it from us, ending up merely setting fire to their own lands.

And other than the four wars you mentioned, there were several smaller attempts by pak to take Kashmir, all of which failed spectacularly. And there were some small initiatives from our side (op meghdoot) which were successes for us. How come you don't mention those?

Whether you keep the Kashmir issue alive or not is up to you. The reality on the ground wont change.

Added later: The fourth war already happened in 1999, when pak made yet another pathetic attempt to take Kashmir. It was called the kargil war, started by pak as usua. It ended up like all the previous attempts, with Indian Kashmir remaining India's. So the next war will be the fifth, and believe me, we won't start it - but we will end it.

Why didn't it pop up in his head when he was in power? It could have saved us going through all the trouble.

Hahahahah bro get a life

2nd war Total Stalemate.

i highly doubt it.

the bolded statement is very familiar,
many Pakistanis try to draw out some parity in our conflict ,but unfortunately fr Pakistan, there is non.

Talking about war wont make us budge, but talking about peace and prosperity will.

heres wishing fr a prosperous subcontinent.

Back
Top Bottom