What's new

Musalmani Bangla and its transformation

I agree with OP, Bengali or Bangla has significant Hindu influence and apparently it is blasphemous for a pure Muslim to express himself through a "Hindu" language. But I think a "Musalmani Bangla" would be an eyewash, a compromise, Bangladeshis should completely ban Bangla and opt for Urdu. :-)

I am sure @Anubis would also love to call himself Urdudeshi, @BDforever would have to change his user name to UDforever though. :D

Why not go the whole hog and just start speaking Arabic?

Anything else will always be a compromise. ;)

That would be an excellent development, as a non-Muslim Iran will no longer be helping Shia Arabs destabilize the Sunni majority Arab world. Good riddance I should say.

I can only say that you have not thought through the consequences of your wish.

And not for the first time.

And in my post I never mentioned that Bangla should add Persian Nastaliq script or loan words, you should go back and read them, the languages I explicitly mentioned are modern Arabic (not classical) and English, for both scripts and loan words. Crisis or not, our identity is our business, pure and simple. We will deal with it in a way that seems fit to us.

As for conversion, all Muslims, including our Prophet (SAWS) himself was converted, down to each and every other Muslim and their future generations. So all Muslims have non-Muslim ancestors.

The problem is more acute for non Arabic converts. For them it is a double whammy.

I have seen many Arabs realize as well that the Pre Islamic Arabia was more sophisticated and tolerant in many ways (especially in its treatment of women) if one discounts the many obvious fabrications.

Last edited:
Does any language with the name Musalmani Bangla exist?
.....you add a few Arabic and Persian words to Bangla and it becomes 'Musalmani Bangla' like Indian Urdu has now become 'Musalmani Urdu' when they added a few Arabic and Persian words....

I agree with OP, Bengali or Bangla has significant Hindu influence and apparently it is blasphemous for a pure Muslim to express himself through a "Hindu" language. But I think a "Musalmani Bangla" would be an eyewash, a compromise, Bangladeshis should completely ban Bangla and opt for Urdu. :-)
....but Urdu is also an Indian origin language........if they wanna become real Muslims, they should only use Arabic but the irony is, Arabic itself evolved hugely from classical/Quranic Arabic to modern Arabic......so I guess there is very slim chance for these Bangladeshis to become 'proper Muslims'....:sad:

Last edited:
.....you add a few Arabic and Persian words to Bangla and it becomes 'Musalmani Bangla' like Indian Urdu has now become 'Musalmani Urdu' when they added a few Arabic and Persian words....

....but Urdu is also an Indian origin language........if they wanna become real Muslims, they should only use Arabic but the irony is, Arabic itself evolved hugely from classical/Quranic Arabic to modern Arabic......so I guess there is very slim chance for these Bangladeshis to become 'proper Muslims'....:sad:

Thanks to our Bollywood both Hindi and Urdu are reuniting, you can't artificially separate one language into two.

I am sure @Anubis would also love to call himself Urdudeshi, @BDforever would have to change his user name to UDforever though. :D
I am already writing poetry...

Keya hua?
Hukka hua!

see Nobel prize here I come!

Keya hua?
Hukka hua!

I can see you have already changed your avatar to a fox! But change of plan on public demand, Arabic is the way to go. So, please translate your poetry in Arabic. :D

Welcome to Al-Banglastan the land where we speak Musalmani Bangla. :D

Your first point isn't completely correct...our ancestors(in 47) did not fight for separate homeland for Muslims...they fought for separate homelands/states for muslims.....emphasis on the plural of state......71 was not an antithesis of 47.....they are different issues......read the Lahore resolution.....there were supposed to be TWO or more states not ONE.....One state with two wings on two sides of another country is not a viable solution for governance.......everyone knew it back in the 40s...that's why they put the word 'states' in the Lahore resolution instead of 'state'......71 was bound to happen....it was just a question of time!

Even Biddyashagor would have killed you if he heard this!
i thought kalu mian answered your statements better than i could have. simply speaking no one 'struggled' to invite indians into their soil. the issue is not about separation of the muslim lands; it's about one of those lands becoming the vassal of a perpetual enemy

I dont understand what kind of thread it is??????? Language doesn't have religion. You can use arabic for religious rituals like namaz & dua. Every language is created by Allah. Arabic is religious language, but beside this there is no problem to use sonskrit words in our daily life for communicating. There is no restriction for any language in any religion.

Arabic should be compulsary for muslims upto to O'levels/ SSC as a third language after english. Its true language doesn't have any religions and all languages are creations of Allah (swt). But the final revelation being in Arabic makes it a vital language for muslims. All muslims know at least 10-12 suras of the Quran for purpose of offering salah and a little bit of more effort and we can easily learn a second language which also have increasing intl prominence. Most nationalities know more than 2 language now a days. Educations system in US/EU for eg.

As for Bangla, well its well enough and being muslims our socio-cultural norms have bought many arabic/turkic/persian words into bengali naturally. This part of bengal will always have its own form of bengali due to Islam and socio- cultural reasons and that's in the natural order of things. I hope to see a more arabised Bangla with tons of words from english/arabic etc with the passage of time.

Last edited:
Yateem Khana, Chador, Milaad, Milad Sharif, Hafta, Kalam, Kolom, Akl, Khobor, Khali, Nokol, Fakir, Bodla, Badl, Dunia, Tareek, Kabool, Zowab, Bakiy, Hishaab, Elakah, Uzon, Nokhol, Qabaristan, Khoybor, Gharib, Zomaa, Ayna, KAgoz, Sakhri, Bagan, Rastah,

These are just a tiny minority.

If it's Mullah Bangla then Hindi is also Mullah Hindi.

Kalu_bhai

Don't be side track by cockroaches.

How can a language be Muslim or Hindu? Does Qur'an forbids using any language? Do you know that Arabic and Parsi had a long history to be used by non Muslims like every other language?

In Qur'an Allah said, "Now if We had made it a Quran in a non-Arabic tongue they would surely have said, "Why is it that its verses have not been made clear? Why - a foreign tongue and an Arab?" Say, "For those who accept it, this is a Guidance and medicine for a wholesome life. But as for those who will not believe (Arabs or non-Arabs), in their ears is deafness, and so it remains obscure to them. They are like people who are called to from afar." (Quran 41:44)

Every thing is created by Almighty Allah, its only the human & jinn who misuse them.

True however:

There is no such thing as Islamic dress either however you do not go to Masjid wearing Dhooti. Do you?

If you translate Arabic name "Abdul Rehman" in Bangla, it become "Doyal Daas".

Now tell me, have you ever met a Muslim man name as "Doyal Daas" or Hindu with "Abdul Rehman".

Hence, your argument doesn't hold any weight with respect to fact on the ground.

Keya hua?
Hukka hua!

This is hukka !!!

That thing the baba is smoking

Enjoying%2BHookah%2Bin%2Ban%2BIndian%2BVillage.jpg

There is no such thing as Islamic dress either however you do not go to Masjid wearing Dhooti. Do you?
What's wrong with going to masjid wearing a dhoti ???

Kalu_bhai

Don't be side track by cockroaches.

True however:

If you translate Arabic name "Abdul Rehman" in Bangla, it become "Doyal Daas".

Now tell me, have you ever met a Muslim man name as "Doyal Daas" or Hindu with "Abdul Rehman".

Hence, your argument doesn't hold any weight with respect to fact on the ground.
i believe this thread is an offshoot of the recent discussion of Urdu and Farsi heritage in Bengal and the importance in being aware of that. Musalman Bengali (in both speech and script), besides the other two, were not only part and parcel of the Bengali Muslim heritage, their usage has been hampered artificially through time. i discussed this in Bangladesh protests Pakistan Parliament resolutions | Page 43
it's important to understand that no one wants to get rid of a language (except the indians here!!). no one is demanding that hardcore Indians should adopt Persian-Arabic script of writing. this is about revival of a piece of heritage from rather modern times while having a progressive outlook. this thread is about the need to understand and possibly promote the use of a language/dialect that is more closely associated with the Bengali Muslim history and identity, and a medium for better medium for connectivity (as it was historically) with our neigbors. by the way, it's not even surprising that no indian tried to taunt using stuff like "Banglaland" after kalu_miah's proposition. indians, you could have as well said: we just can't stand Persian-Arabic stuff, if you Muslims talk about adopting Latin/English from Sanskrit that's fine with us

Back
Top Bottom