What's new

Mumbo-jumbo Islamic feminism & Talibanisation of Pak women

Status
Not open for further replies.
then you are totaly wrong or you are residing in some Pnajab area. where women dont weare hijab.
in KPK and Balochistan and other areas women wear hijab by their own will.

next it is order to wear hijab. and if i go in to that discussion that will take time. and i am not here to teach religion so i'll not go in debate. if some one wants it he will learn about it by himself.
there is difference of choices and there is enforcing ones choice on others thats what this article is all about.hijab is just one of those choices which zarvan types always drag here.Btw its not the hijab but something else you missed in my reply to him.

btw charsadda is not in punjab.

^^^ There are many women who chose to wear hijab(due to tradition), we should not judge them.
But its disturbing to see urban educated pakistanis aquiring this new trend, either it points to lawlessness (apparently according to Mr Zakir Naik, a hijabi is less likely to be molested) or newly found 'true islam'.
women do wear hijab in uk too but its the hijab which has be made as symbol for the religion which it never meant to be.

Wish to regulate others..
Only thing which spoils relationships

regulated religion ,secularism and fundamentalism
chose yourself
i chose the first one

mujhy pata hai par punjab main pardy ke pabandi utni ziada nahi jitni k kpk ya balochistan main hai. aur sab apny marzi say he parda karty hain. ajtr ke bat ka jawab dena maksood tha. warna panjab main bhe bohot pure muslims hain aur wakai main Quran aur hadith k paband. laikin main aik general bat kar raha tha
can you define pure muslimss,less pure muslims,impure muslims etc etc terms pakistanis regularly use on this board.

can you define pure muslimss,less pure muslims,impure muslims etc etc terms pakistanis regularly use on this board.

Lol, you are going hard on him..

I guess he meant this definition...

"Abu Sa'id al-Khudri said, "I heard the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, say, 'Whoever of you sees something wrong should change it with his hand; if he cannot, then with his tongue; if he cannot, then with his heart, and that is the weakest form of belief. (184 - Muslim)

Edit: btw He already answered your first question "Pure Muslims"

.....aur wakai main Quran aur hadith k paband......

a muslim who takes ribav (sood)
a muslim who do zina
a muslim who not offer his salah
a muslims who do not pay zakah
is not a good practicing muslim comparing to a muslim who obeys and follows all islamic laws by heart.

My wife is from Punjab, and she follow Hijab rules properly. My mother, sister, whole family is from Punjab and mostly do practice Hijab.. & It's not imposed by us, but most of them are better muslims then us (men of my family), and read Quran. So knows the value of Hijab in Quran. & That's why I respect my family women more then anyone.

Every tradition has hijab of their own. Mostly interior Punjab Women wears Colorful dress over the cloths to cover up everything.. City women normally wear Big dobatta (as per tradition) but not today's modern women follow that... infact If you go to Liberty even girls from villages don't wear dobata.. (as per their traditions).. So actually Pakistan is losing this Hijab/Parda Culture Slowly Slowly... and heading towards west... where western women is more oppressed by men and being used as a tool for amazement. (Most of my friends in UK do that, have GF as western and then marry to a conservative pakistani girls)

So blame the women? Referring to second part

So blame the women? Referring to second part

My point of view was trend is otherway around.. moving away from culture and islamic values.. So blaming wrong Trend, not a gender...

My point of view was trend is otherway around.. moving away from culture and islamic values.. So blaming wrong Trend, not a gender...

Actually you saw FEWER burqas and headscarf in Pakistan a few decades ago than now. There are a lot of families where the daughter convinced the mother to hijabize

women do wear hijab in uk too but its the hijab which has be made as symbol for the religion which it never meant to be.

It was a cultural symbol before the Quran was revealed
In fact there's no command in the Quran to cover heads

Actually you saw FEWER burqas and headscarf in Pakistan a few decades ago than now. There are a lot of families where the daughter convinced the mother to hijabize

really? Then I must be in wrong Mardan/Lahore/Faisalabad... since from where I see it's otherway around. (Personal Experience LOL)

But yes, Information accessibility do effect both ways...

Well at least you didn't post the same ayas we have discussed millions of times before on PDF. And I just hope zarvan doesn't bring any of his classic walls of text

really? Then I must be in wrong Mardan/Lahore/Faisalabad... since from where I see it's otherway around. (Personal Experience LOL)

But yes, Information accessibility do effect both ways...

Dunno, I've only been to khi and hyd in my life, because in khi scarfs and views were an odd sight, now a normally dressed woman is considered the rarest thing in the world

because i do not bring Quran infront of people who do not believe in it. as you said we have already discussed it. so no need to bring it again.

because i do not bring Quran infront of people who do not believe in it. as you said we have already discussed it. so no need to bring it again.

Then I guess you've never brought it in front of yourself in your life. But I don't follow any such rule, I'd be more than happy to show you to a copy of the Quran, translations are freely available on the Internet do try to read it once in your life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom