What's new

Mumbo-jumbo Islamic feminism & Talibanisation of Pak women

Status
Not open for further replies.
But we all must make an effort. Understading Quran is sometimes difficult because Quran talks about things which we have not or might not see in our life times.

1 phrase made of lets say 5 words in classic Quranic arabic may take 2 phrases from another language to translate and it still can be interpreted differently. As, far as i am concerned, people who use selective verses for their own good are as worse as the Taliban.

Reading is different from Understanding. I, dare say, MOST of us Pakistanis are parrot readers.

Feminism is much maligned even in today's western world. Sadly the goal of feminism is not achieved yet (equal opportunity for both sexes, nothing more nothing less) in west. South asia is way behind, there is no feminist movement yet.

In UK, percentage of women in top position ( in various fields including politics, business, religion, media) is quite low.

Religion should be stopped dead-on in Pakistan... Pakistan was not envisioned by Jinnah to be a Islamic state... **** Zia Ul Haq and his extremist ideologies which ruined Pakistan from its core.

Religion should be stopped dead-on in Pakistan... Pakistan was not envisioned by Jinnah to be a Islamic state... **** Zia Ul Haq and his extremist ideologies which ruined Pakistan from its core.

You, need to do a bit of serious reading.

And, how exactly do you propose it?

Education reforms and freedom to youth. Bring in children right, limit the control of parents over children, outlaw arranged marriages and curb influence of mosque into politics and education system.

I support you!

Education reforms and freedom to youth. Bring in children right, limit the control of parents over children, outlaw arranged marriages and curb influence of mosque into politics and education system.

I, see pigs flying.

I, see pigs flying.

same was said about Iqbal vision for Pakistan.
Dewana ka khuwab.

Guess what, once in a while pigs do fly for real!

nothing is impossible in this world my friend.
99% muslims are just hypocrites if judged by Islam because they were born to be Muslim but choose other ways to spend their life.

same was said about Iqbal vision for Pakistan.
Dewana ka khuwab.

Guess what, once in a while pigs do fly for real!

nothing is impossible in this world my friend.
99% muslims are just hypocrites if judged by Islam because they were born to be Muslim but choose other ways to spend their life.

Iqbal's vision is something other than your vision. Yours sounds more like a state run, apartheid or a fascist utopia. King, Reza tried your vision, ended up getting the ultimate shaft.

Iqbal's vision is something other than your vision. Yours sounds more like a state run, apartheid or a fascist utopia. King, Reza tried your vision, ended up getting the ultimate shaft.

there are many loopholes in reza approach. He could not understand the lethal power of clergy and choose to exile them instead of executing them. Terrorist must be executed. Nothing else can stop them. Strong state backed development and education reforms are proven to losen clergy grip on society. People want to live their life and have fun.

People should be free in their choice, the problem becomes when they impose their choices on others.

there are many loopholes in reza approach. He could not understand the lethal power of clergy and choose to exile them instead of executing them. Terrorist must be executed. Nothing else can stop them. Strong state backed development and education reforms are proven to losen clergy grip on society. People want to live their life and have fun.

Without trail? - Without conviction ?, such state turns into a terrorist state itself.

Without trail? - Without conviction ?, such state turns into a terrorist state itself.

Is there no evidence against Lal Masjid duo calling for violence and sedation against government?
How about Molvi Radio and dozen others?

Always there is evidence, state is weak to take action.

Clerics are not god's appointment. They should be subject to rule of law.

Is there no evidence against Lal Masjid duo calling for violence and sedation against government?
How about Molvi Radio and dozen others?

Always there is evidence, state is weak to take action.

Clerics are not god's appointment. They should be subject to rule of law.

Only, aspect i am against in regards to Operation Silence is the extra judicial killings. There could have been a better way, considering the blowback we have taken from that operation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom