What's new

Mumbai vs Shanghai: how can India catch up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is Shenzhen's IT service Industry?

Port Blair
Shenzhen is where the headquarters of Huawei, Xiaomi, Tencent, ZTE and many other are located. GDP per capita is $24000(2014). Shenzhen is a dream city for Chinese. My uncle resigned from a renowned university and moved to Shenzhen in 1980s.

Nanning (what is the equivalent in India?):

Beijing (the Delhi of China):

Jinghua (what is the Indian equivalent?):

no comparison between Indian and Chinese cities, barring a few good areas in each, all major Indian cities are dirty and unorganized.

Sanya (I think this is the Goa of China):

More Chongqing. I think it's difficult to find an Indian equivalent:

Jinghua is not even a Top50 city, GDP-wise.

If a third-tier city like Jinghua is so much more developed than even the best cities in India, then it just shows how far India has to go to catch up with China.

If a third-tier city like Jinghua is so much more developed than even the best cities in India, then it just shows how far India has to go to catch up with China.
Well, it all happened after three decades of hard work. Let's give some time to Indians with Modi administration.:-)

Sanya (I think this is the Goa of China):

The list is just too long, considering each of 28 province (or autonomous region) have nice capitals and several large & nice cities, and the 4 direct municipalities (BJ/Tianjin/SH/Chongqing).

Let's get back to topic. Mumbai now is at best comparable to 3rd or 4th tier Chinese city, in what time frame, and what are needed, for Mumbai to become a nice city?

Qingdao (what is the Indian equivalent?):

These are some cities I like outside of China

Shanghai
shanghai-skyline.jpg

Tokyo
tokyo-japan-hd-wallpaper-jpg.207675

Macau
ceiosx5ftb6kc-jpg.207351

Hong Kong
140618ayqhj6h9jrypurgz-jpeg.207364

Seoul
gangnam_seoul2-jpg.207641

Taipei
6325994_234648425000_2-jpg.207427

Singapore
20141120100205903-jpg.207635

Pictures from:
Forex reserves edge up to MOP 133.3 bln in January

Shenzhen aerial tours:

Chinese cities are still boring cities although with modern amenities. I peter HK

Where in India is HK?

Mumbai now is at best comparable to 3rd or 4th tier Chinese city, in what time frame, and what are needed, for Mumbai to become a nice city?

Well, the previous prime minister Manmohan Singh promised to transform Mumbai into a new Shanghai by 2009... BUT, with Modi-ji in charge, I think Mumbai can surpass Shanghai by 2020.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom