What's new

Mumbai Metro inauguration on Sunday

Sanjay Gandhi national park is not in the heart of the city though it is in the north part and quite a distance away from CBD and the western subs which need more green spaces but lack of land is a issue. Slum development is key I agree with you but it is taking a long time for it to happen I been waiting on Dharavi development project for ages but still nothing seems to be done.
We do have the Mahim Nature Park though and also the Mahalaxmi Race course which is in the heart of Mumbai Island also Five Gardens and Hanging Gardens

What a fucking shame. Its taken them almost a decade to commission one line of 12 kms.

Meanwhile Delhi adds around 100 kms per decade.
clearly you are not familiar with the topology of Mumbai city...and I don't know from where did that decade come from..

anyways...its a good news for mumbaikars...specially to all people who travel to hell i.e. Saki Naka.. :-)

I don't know, why it is being called as RInfra Metro...it is supposed to be called as Mumbai Metro!

Mumbai is a very small city in sq feet, we need to build new cities because Mumbai just can't cope with massive population, limited green spaces and the nexus of builders and politics in play it will just get worse in the future.

Take a leaf out of China's book they have made modern cities from scratch!
yesterday I had a fight with my colleague who is from Bihar...my contention was, Mumbai has reached his potential and now mass migration (unskilled) to this city must be stopped,....his argument was, everyone in India is free to move anywhere in India except Kashmir....he went on saying, we north Indians are running Mumbai and it should be made a separate state!! Can you guys believe this? ..Sale, Bihar ko sudhar nahi sakate and come here and talk about a separate state in Maharashtra!!!!

Last edited:
sze5ic.jpg

2mzl47q.jpg

2zjby3d.jpg

24bj0ci.jpg

cc: Soumit Naik, originally posted by 'Coolguyz' on Skyscrapercity.com

Nice pics guys keep them coming anyone ride the metro and taken video?

mumbai-metro-finally-14021328844751.jpg
Front view of the Mumbai Metro. The much-awaited Versova-Andheri- Ghatkopar phase of the Mumbai Metro rail will begin operations from Sunday.
andheri-station-interior-14021328844823.jpg
An inside view of Andheri Station. The metro will be opened for the public and will run from 5:30 am to midnigh
ticket-counter-14021328844898.jpg
A view of the ticket counter. Trains will run at 4 mins frequency and fare will range from Rs 10 to Rs 40.
metro-interiors-1402132884518.jpg

Journalists aboard the Metro on a dry run. The total capacity of the Metro is pegged at 1.1-1.2 million passengers a day. Each train can carry 1,500 people at a time.

Frequency is excellent, price is excellent, and the trains look excellent too. Good Job Mumbai.

Is any part of the system underground? or is it all above ground?

What a fucking shame. Its taken them almost a decade to commission one line of 12 kms.

Meanwhile Delhi adds around 100 kms per decade.

Always the first phase is most difficult.

You will see faster construction in coming phases.

One thing have to say abt kolkata we have had metro underground since the 90s.

metros underground since the 90s? I didn't know that!

Abe how many proofs do you want coz i can provide you with literally a hundred different pictures of Kolkata Metro System.Anyways for your satisfaction-
993894_604256456286391_1451424513_n.jpg

601686_603378389707531_1959529046_n.jpg

4gs5.jpg

Noahpara Station
ogn7.jpg

pbfn.jpg

qz8z.jpg
994511_364390063686835_655500564_n.jpg

qxfa.jpg

3gfs.jpg

Calcutta surprises you in more ways than one can think

@Mr.S.Singh even Central London has Hyde park one of the biggest parks in the city not to mention London zoo and Regents park. New York too has Central park in the heart of the city. Mumbai being a island city has no clear planning for the future the vision 2020 report on developing Mumbai into a world class city remains on paper and not much has been implemented on what the consultants have recommended from that report.

Yes we are in the developing part of the world but I came back from a trip from Medellin in Colombia and I was quite impressed at how innovate the city is and how clean and green it was and they are not a developed country, we can do better and we must.

South American cities are indeed beautiful. Bogota is a nice looking city in Colombia.

Most area's are marshy ... Mumbai island was artificially created by joining 7 islands hence going underground in this part isnt viable and would turn out to be too expensive.

thanks for the information

South American cities are indeed beautiful. Bogota is a nice looking city in Colombia.

I prefered Medellin though the city of eternal spring it's much better weather and greener but Bogota is bigger city

Frequency is excellent, price is excellent, and the trains look excellent too. Good Job Mumbai.

Is any part of the system underground? or is it all above ground?
price is high ,project is late ,but a great relief for congested mumbai.
it's all elevated till now.
line 3 planned is mostly underground will come up by 2020 if all goes well ,which hardly happens.

price is high ,project is late ,but a great relief for congested mumbai.
it's all elevated till now.
line 3 planned is mostly underground will come up by 2020 if all goes well ,which hardly happens.

This is great news. Underground metro lines certainly mean a mark of unity between people and government of Mumbai. Its a true sign of progress.

@cb4 @Leader

Back
Top Bottom