What's new

Mumbai Metro inauguration on Sunday

Fare will be 10 Rs., however it is promotional.

We must mix it with Govt investment and private funding from investors to make it possible, we are way behind to where we need to be. Cities like Mumbai are now dying with over population, poor air quality and limited green spaces it is not a great city to live in compared to other world class cities like London or Singapore.

mumbai is like new-york .. island city .. space is limited as it is island city ... i study in Birmingham .. you see .. western & central mumbai are like central london ... no green zone .. come to eastern suburbs and you will see parks and plantation .. again it is a developing city ... it will take its time

I remember coming from Gujarat and landing in Mumbai the last time I visited India and my throat felt so bad and my eyes were burning because of the poor air quality and the noise pollution was shocking with people honking their horns left right and centre. We can do better and we must if we ever want to be develop into a modern country with infrastructure on par with China or Singapore.
14 million plus people reside in a small island which is a developing part of the world sir ... we cannot expect standards same as developed countries .. we are forced to work with inefficient and polluting machines

The T2 airport is world class though but we spoil it with it being near mosquito infested areas and the slums near the airport are a eye sore and a health and security hazard but being a democratic country we have limitations on what we are allowed to do.

That rehab is planned. Land acquisition is billions itself forget the development cost.

@Mr.S.Singh even Central London has Hyde park one of the biggest parks in the city not to mention London zoo and Regents park. New York too has Central park in the heart of the city. Mumbai being a island city has no clear planning for the future the vision 2020 report on developing Mumbai into a world class city remains on paper and not much has been implemented on what the consultants have recommended from that report.

Yes we are in the developing part of the world but I came back from a trip from Medellin in Colombia and I was quite impressed at how innovate the city is and how clean and green it was and they are not a developed country, we can do better and we must.

@Mr.S.Singh even Central London has Hyde park one of the biggest parks in the city not to mention London zoo and Regents park. New York too has Central park in the heart of the city. Mumbai being a island city has no clear planning for the future the vision 2020 report on developing Mumbai into a world class city remains on paper and not much has been implemented on what the consultants have recommended from that report.

Sanjay gandhi national park ?
yes we lacked planning ... this is what happens when you give a free run to developers .. thankfully things were brough under control 2 years ago.
Yes we are in the developing part of the world but I came back from a trip from Medellin in Colombia and I was quite impressed at how innovate the city is and how clean and green it was and they are not a developed country, we can do better and we must.
there are multiple factors for that sir, huge population vs funds allotted
GDP per capita
slums and laws regulating them

Sanjay Gandhi national park is not in the heart of the city though it is in the north part and quite a distance away from CBD and the western subs which need more green spaces but lack of land is a issue. Slum development is key I agree with you but it is taking a long time for it to happen I been waiting on Dharavi development project for ages but still nothing seems to be done.

Is your idiocy the result of genetics or your school system?

This is not a BRTS[Bus Rapid Transit System], what idiots like you call a 'Metro Bus'.

This is a proper Metro. India has been building Metro systems since 1998.

Seems like you dont know about the Kolkata Metro, A fully Underground and Indigenous Metro operational since 1984 in Kolkata
Kolkata Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Sanjay Gandhi national park is not in the heart of the city though it is in the north part and quite a distance away from CBD and the western subs which need more green spaces but lack of land is a issue. Slum development is key I agree with you but it is taking a long time for it to happen I been waiting on Dharavi development project for ages but still nothing seems to be done.
funds sir ... we no have money and bombay isn't the only city in India. Also dharavi is a 1 billion dollar Plus export hub ... you have to think about that too

funds sir ... we no have money and bombay isn't the only city in India. Also dharavi is a 1 billion dollar Plus export hub ... you have to think about that too

Yes Dharavi does contribute much but it also has polluting industries and filthy conditions it is a stain on a city which aims to be a global world class city like Shanghai or Singapore. But yes the economy is in a bad shape at the moment we need to lift the growth levels and add more to FR if we want to implement a massive urban investment drive the likes of China have done in the last 10 years.

What happened 2 years ago?
prithviraj chavan bought into force regulating the builders .. free spaces are now made mandatory and clearance are given after much introspection

Bombay highcourt have also helped ... they have passed orders such as

parking lot should be provided along with the flats and cannot be charged for
area of property will be counted on squarefoot and not buildup or superbuild up.
All new township projects will have water management system in place
green spaces made mandatory
buildup area of plo sie also regulated

Each station will have Street foods, Baker streets, Havmor ice creams stalls and ATMs
cc loksatta, Coolguys, SSC
of9c37.jpg

BpghzCbCAAAZyh3.jpg:large

BpgyJ7wCUAABxDe.jpg:large

10409417_10152485414658923_7654479264766907797_n.jpg

Back
Top Bottom