What's new

Mumbai Metro inauguration on Sunday

I dont think that these pics are looking bad....

Also see the difference in cost---

Panama Metro (13.5Km)---> $1.45 Billion (Panama Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Delhi Metro (190Km Phase 1&2)--------> $2.4 Billion:cheesy: (Delhi Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Other cities look nice but the reason why i choose Panama here is because it was built few months ago and the length of the system is short like Mumbai. I heard someone here say it took 7 years to build so in a nutshell my point here is that it should have been better quality. Can you tell me who was heading this project ? Is it government or private party ?

[

NY metro

Subway_train_125th.jpg

Trains may be old but have you checked their system's length ?

In total there are 34 Lines

Last edited:
Other cities look nice but the reason why i choose Panama here is because it was built few months ago and the length of the system is short like Mumbai. I heard someone here say it took 7 years to build so in a nutshell my point here is that it should have been better quality.

Mumbai metro is expected to have 160 km by 2021...

Mumbai Metro - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Karachi and Lahore surely need more than just BRTS.

Is Lahore BRTS profitable ?
Peshawar and Lahore are getting metros and Karachi is getting a circular railway. I have no clue if its profitable.

Other cities look nice but the reason why i choose Panama here is because it was built few months ago and the length of the system is short like Mumbai. I heard someone here say it took 7 years to build so in a nutshell my point here is that it should have been better quality. Can you tell me who was heading this project ? Is it government or private party ?

Trains may be old but have you checked their system's length ?

In total there are 34 Lines
the problem with mumbai was land acqisition.. which is why it took so long. Mumbai land is very expensive and little available to build anything.People can go to court and delay everything.

Its not like they were toiling for ages to make the most beautiful metro, the private operator cannot charge whatever they want, and hence need to keep cost low.

The worst looking metro system in India goes toooooooooooo......... the one in it's financial capital.

Quality is a pretty broad term. What aspects you think are below standard.

It's a PPP project.

clearly you are not familiar with the topology of Mumbai city...and I don't know from where did that decade come from..

anyways...its a good news for mumbaikars...specially to all people who travel to hell i.e. Saki Naka.. :-)

I don't know, why it is being called as RInfra Metro...it is supposed to be called as Mumbai Metro!

yesterday I had a fight with my colleague who is from Bihar...my contention was, Mumbai has reached his potential and now mass migration (unskilled) to this city must be stopped,....his argument was, everyone in India is free to move anywhere in India except Kashmir....he went on saying, we north Indians are running Mumbai and it should be made a separate state!! Can you guys believe this? ..Sale, Bihar ko sudhar nahi sakate and come here and talk about a separate state in Maharashtra!!!!
your arguement that dont come from Bihar is BS ! he is right that its a free country they can move anywhere but the you mister offended ! you typical marathi manush to say that ! you dont like marwari , south India , bengalis , gujarati and every other being ! I am from odisha and they say that is it in Assam ? this kind of intelligence are there in people of maharastra ! and why the people from here go gujarat , MP , andra pradesh dont go anywhere ! people here are so stale they are like frogs in well not even pond rather than changing you blame others ! and mumbai I say its not city local inhabitate from from its formation ! its form on reclamation !
Lucky, we are stuck with sh*tty metro buses
maintaining BRTS bus system is game of precision but unluckyly in india too which BRTS system is working best except of ahmedabad !

your arguement that dont come from Bihar is BS ! he is right that its a free country they can move anywhere but the you mister offended ! you typical marathi manush to say that ! you dont like marwari , south India , bengalis , gujarati and every other being ! I am from odisha and they say that is it in Assam ? this kind of intelligence are there in people of maharastra ! and why the people from here go gujarat , MP , andra pradesh dont go anywhere ! people here are so stale they are like frogs in well not even pond rather than changing you blame others ! and mumbai I say its not city local inhabitate from from its formation ! its form on reclamation !
!

I think u misread it...pls go and read my comment again..I talked about migration of mass unskilled people..u want we to be tolerant and when companies like Posco come to your state with huge investment u become envmt cautious!!.. and then since u don't ve job in your state u come to Maharashtra and teach us the lesson of constitutional right...I now really think, we need internal inter state work permit system...!

UP and Eastern states are major source of cheap unskilled labour.They are the ones building the infrastructure projects across the country and helping keep the costs down....people should appreciate that.It all about management of resource.

We had a lot Bihari and UP seasonal migrants in Punjab and everyone was up in arms against the Bihari invasion.From last few years they have stopped coming in huge numbers because of construction boom.Now before the sowing and harvesting season everyone is like "We are screwed this season" :-)

We were not able to get the required numbers and hence we ended up going for a citrus plantation instead of the usual Rice/Cotton and Wheat cycle because there's not enough labour.

What a fucking shame. Its taken them almost a decade to commission one line of 12 kms.

Meanwhile Delhi adds around 100 kms per decade.

Better late than Never bro. Mumbhai surely needs it, having visited the city 3 years ago, the traffic/infrastructure wasn't really impressive for such a big city. Hopefully the metro will help alleviate/solve this issue. Delhi by contrast was quite nice/developed in this sense.
But i heard there are many cities in India building metros. That's a good sign, Shows the country is beginning to take its infrastructure seriously. Afterall, not many countries can afford to build a metro. so India is doing quite good in this aspect.
Well done India, keep up the good work, its never too late in Life. Afterall, Rome wasn't built in one day. Keep it up :cheers:

Swah te mitti. In order to develop Mumbai all the Marathis have to be evicted and there should be a special visa required for marathis to migrate to munbai.

In order to develop India all the Indians have to be evicted and there should be a special visa required for Indians to migrate to India.

You are among those pathetic indian am ashamed of. people like u must be kicked out from india and forced to live in pakistan.

That is because of lazy marathis. Kick out all the lazy marathis and Mumbai will develop much faster.

why dont kick all the lazy indians for a faster development in india???

i believe u are an NRI, good that u left the country we dont need ppl like you. this kind of shit talk is expected only from NRI's.

Last edited:
We should seriously think about implementing internal passport system.

Raj thackrey is on it. he has stated in many of his interviews that he will keep record of the immigration in mumbai specially from up and bihar. he also publicly advised modi that 1nce became PM, plz pay special attention on progress of UP and bihar so that strain on maharashtra reduces.

Raj thackrey is on it. he has stated in many of his interviews that he will keep record of the immigration in mumbai specially from up and bihar. he also publicly advised modi that 1nce became PM, plz pay special attention on progress of UP and bihar so that strain on maharashtra reduces.

Not only that, there should a work permit system in place just like in Gulf countries. In Gulf, if you are an expat you have to fulfill certain conditions like having a minimum wage for you to get family status. It should be implemented in India so that the strain on local infra structure along will be minimized especially in large cities. Also it will stop the mushrooming of slums.

Back
Top Bottom