What's new

Mumbai Attacks

Status
Not open for further replies.
MUMBAI - INDIAN military officials ordered a United States airplane carrying 205 Marines to land at Mumbai airport on Sunday over an airspace clearance dispute.

'The Indian Air Force had to instruct the US plane to land as it did not have the mandatory clearance required to fly in Indian airspace,' Indian Air Force spokesman T.K. Singha told AFP.

The chartered plan was on its way from Fujairah in the United Arab Emirates to Bangkok when it was forced to land.

All passengers remained on board as US authorities applied for the missing paperwork, Singha said.

Foreign military aircraft have to obtain two sets of clearances before flying over India.

'The US aircraft had procured clearance from India's Directorate of Civil Aviation but they did not have Air Operations Routing (AOR) clearance,' Singha said. -- AFP

-Great way to make a headline, when noone is talking about your country :P, hold some of our Marines..

Oops, posted on another thread lets put this back up shall we? :D

Umm merge with the thread I put up, but anyway can't get any prime time in the Media ehhh?? Just hold some of our Marines, guarantee you'll get some airtime :P

Umm merge with the thread I put up, but anyway can't get any prime time in the Media ehhh?? Just hold some of our Marines, guarantee you'll get some airtime :P

You flew into our airspace so I'm not sure if we're the ones desperate for attention.

can't get any prime time in the Media ehhh?? Just hold some of our Marines, guarantee you'll get some airtime :P

Everything that goes up has to come down! But alas this time your superpower American ego too came crashing down with your ‘205 marines’.

Btw, your ‘205 marines’ are still grounded. Just hope that your embassy gets them temporary visas from the Indian authorities in time else they l have to sleep over at the ‘third world’ Mumbai airport tonight!:P

U.S. aircraft unlikely to takeoff today

ofcourse, however in the face of uncle sam not all or many do, thus even if its india doing so its good to see.

we cant blame the troops for everything. its the civilians up there that make those decisions. Pakistani or Indian or American or Canadian we as soldiers have no right what so ever to question higher authority we are trained to follow orders blindly from boot camp to rest of our military careers.

but i do agree with you american politicians and most civilians do have that I'm american best of the best attitude.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom