What's new

Multirole combat aircrafts, medium range SAM and UAV systems to be procured this fiscal year

BAF can't procure it large in numbers because of global GEO-POLITICAL-ECONOMICAL and especially Indian obstructive issues. Being mortal enemy of over 80% of ours, Indian would always be stumbling block in acquiring teeth. Thus cleaver maneuvering is the way to go.
i know but procurement should be fast. bd foreign policy very defensive,border issue with india always they aggressive but myanmer? we can fight them. but our govt. also knelt with myanmer.:pissed::pissed:

i know but procurement should be fast. bd foreign policy very defensive,border issue with india always they aggressive but myanmer? we can fight them. but our govt. also knelt with myanmer.:pissed::pissed:
MUA,FUA should never sent frigates to pick fight with Myanmar at the first place for Indians to exploit the situation later. In the aftermath, we got raped in international court and less important blocks of Bay of Bengals were handed to us on equitable term leaving prevailing continental shelf's one, whereas IND and Myanmar’s got the better chunks. Then IND with its aggressive foreign maneuvering, put fire on BD-Myanmar fuel. Thai-Myanmar-BD are play grounds of big players that are trying to create unrest, especially by Rohingya issue to fish in troubled water. So, be careful on what you read, think and suggest on BD-Myanmar’s issues. Apart from that I agree that Bd-mil needs to expedite procurement but BD being an exploited entity, Hasina has to go first to make it non-exploitable again.

MUA,FUA should never sent frigates to pick fight with Myanmar at the first place for Indians to exploit the situation later. In the aftermath, we got raped in international court and less important blocks of Bay of Bengals were handed to us on equitable term leaving prevailing continental shelf's one, whereas IND and Myanmar’s got the better chunks. Then IND with its aggressive foreign maneuvering, put fire on BD-Myanmar fuel. Thai-Myanmar-BD are play grounds of big players that are trying to create unrest, especially by Rohingya issue to fish in troubled water. So, be careful on what you read, think and suggest on BD-Myanmar’s issues. Apart from that I agree that Bd-mil needs to expedite procurement but BD being an exploited entity, Hasina has to go first to make it non-exploitable again.
http://archive.dhakatribune.com/bangladesh/2015/dec/03/myanmar-claims-bangladesh-portion-bay
I'm see it in a way different view...

There has been discussion to death on this matter here and IDUNE has divulged/unearthed the conspiracy in that thread. Go read it, please. Furthermore, anything from Tribune Group be it PAK or BD is suspicious to me. Thirdly, even if the news is true then Myanmar's claim on Continental shelf's premise should be looked at as it has been the norm right before arbitration court's jumping into quagmire.

Now, lemme reveal that India's renaming of Bengal to Bangla has everything to do gobbling BD's resources, while keeping BD incapable by Hasina of any sorts of retaliation.

And here comes the A Bomb like news that there are as much oil and gas as KSA/IRAQ in underneath of Bay Of Bengal. So, go figure on why patriotic Mahmudur Rahman, JI leaders have been abolished from the GEO-Political scenes.

So many illegimate jamaati stray dogs infesting these forums...

Hopefully they'll continue to be 'neutered' so they're evil spawn can't infect Bangladesh or their host countries in the west.

So many illegimate jamaati stray dogs infesting these forums...

Hopefully they'll continue to be 'neutered' so they're evil spawn can't infect Bangladesh or their host countries in the west.

people can legitimately hold differing views, no one is forcing you to agree.

BNP, Jamat, BAL or Jatio party have good people but mostly peopled by self serving scum.

A democracy does not neuter views but gives space for conversions to occur.

And here comes the A Bomb like news that there are as much oil and gas as KSA/IRAQ in underneath of Bay Of Bengal. So, go figure on why patriotic Mahmudur Rahman, JI leaders have been abolished from the GEO-Political scenes.

OK ... :lol:

Pakistanis never had option to procure Su-30 or MiG-29 so that is why they had to go with JF-17 and J-10 whereas the BAF has benefit of retaining the basic F-7 series without having to reinvest millions in retraining, infrastructure spares. The F-7BGI did not cost the BAF more than $6-9 million per aircraft at friendly prices. Nobody in the world would give you Mach 2.0 aircraft with BVR AAM, LGB, and excellent performance for that price. The F-7BGI is ideally suited for low intensity roles, particularly in relation to Bangladesh where Myanmar will be the main problem

Pakistanis never had option to procure Su-30 or MiG-29 so that is why they had to go with JF-17 and J-10 whereas the BAF has benefit of retaining the basic F-7 series without having to reinvest millions in retraining, infrastructure spares. The F-7BGI did not cost the BAF more than $6-9 million per aircraft at friendly prices. Nobody in the world would give you Mach 2.0 aircraft with BVR AAM, LGB, and excellent performance for that price. The F-7BGI is ideally suited for low intensity roles, particularly in relation to Bangladesh where Myanmar will be the main problem
But they had better option to buy Mirage-2000 and Rafales; still they took the wiser path of indigenous ness, which helped PAF entering into Aircraft manufacturing. Today's Block 3 of JF-17 is comparable with Grippen NG and f-16 Block 60s. Kudos to Mushaf Ali Mir that envisioned and tirelessly worked for that to happen.

And yes, BGI was a great deal for BAF but those weren't comparable to JF-17s.

Before becoming sarcastic again, earn some intellectual capital, understand? The following links would help U to do it, BTW...

1. India, US discover large deposits of natural gas in Bay of Bengal
http://www.ibtimes.co.in/india-us-discover-large-deposits-natural-gas-bay-bengal-687934

2.ONGC discovers oil, gas in Bay of Bengal's KG block
http://www.hindustantimes.com/busin...-s-kg-block/story-0F7r56L5B57aQ3CAmx1nmN.html

They didn't make any such world class aircraft. Even the aircraft's own designer admits that it cannot compete and has a limited export market.

The chief designer of the Xiaolong, Yang Wei, said that the aircraft cannot compete with other aircraft on the market.
It's actually the CAC FC-1 Xiaolong, as Chengdu Aircraft Corporation did the majority of the design work on it. Meaning, it was developed by China -- Pakistan did not "manage" to do anything.

The quoted price for a single JF-17 unit is roughly $28 million USD. That's over 50% MORE expensive than an early-block F-16C. When compared with the significantly more expensive late model F-16 Block 52/Block 60/F-16I variants, you're still paying half the price, but getting a FAR less capable fighter. For that $28m price tag you get --- no AESA radar, ability to engage only two targets simultaneously, a sub-1.0 thrust-to-weight ratio in a clean configuration.... what a bargain!

Speaking of a bargain, nobody wants to buy it either. It was a dud at the Paris air show. The only interested nations thus far are Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Maaaayybee Argentina, if China allows the Argentines to have domestic production, AND assuming Kirchner stays in power. Egypt, Azerbaijan, Sudan, and Zimbabwe have all investigated it and turned up their noses. The biggest factor should be that China isn't even seriously considering it for any significant domestic buy.

How about parts? Russian engine; U.S., Chinese, French, and South-African ordnance, Chinese radar.... I'm not seeing exactly what Pakistan contributed.

It's cute that the Pakistani Air Force thinks they're playing with the big boys. But they are still at the kiddie table.

This is the opinion of Dan Rosenthal, a US aviation expert and thinktank

A Bomb like news that there are as much oil and gas as KSA/IRAQ in underneath of Bay Of Bengal.

I do not know how newspaper people can claim the existence of gas and oil unless proved scientifically. Note that only recently no foreign oil company bid for the 3 or 4 offshore fields with probability of finding gas/oil. So, how can one say for sure that those minerals are available under the sea in the BoB?

They didn't make any such world class aircraft. Even the aircraft's own designer admits that it cannot compete and has a limited export market.

The chief designer of the Xiaolong, Yang Wei, said that the aircraft cannot compete with other aircraft on the market.
It's actually the CAC FC-1 Xiaolong, as Chengdu Aircraft Corporation did the majority of the design work on it. Meaning, it was developed by China -- Pakistan did not "manage" to do anything.

The quoted price for a single JF-17 unit is roughly $28 million USD. That's over 50% MORE expensive than an early-block F-16C. When compared with the significantly more expensive late model F-16 Block 52/Block 60/F-16I variants, you're still paying half the price, but getting a FAR less capable fighter. For that $28m price tag you get --- no AESA radar, ability to engage only two targets simultaneously, a sub-1.0 thrust-to-weight ratio in a clean configuration.... what a bargain!

Speaking of a bargain, nobody wants to buy it either. It was a dud at the Paris air show. The only interested nations thus far are Sri Lanka and Myanmar. Maaaayybee Argentina, if China allows the Argentines to have domestic production, AND assuming Kirchner stays in power. Egypt, Azerbaijan, Sudan, and Zimbabwe have all investigated it and turned up their noses. The biggest factor should be that China isn't even seriously considering it for any significant domestic buy.

How about parts? Russian engine; U.S., Chinese, French, and South-African ordnance, Chinese radar.... I'm not seeing exactly what Pakistan contributed.

It's cute that the Pakistani Air Force thinks they're playing with the big boys. But they are still at the kiddie table.

This is the opinion of Dan Rosenthal, a US aviation expert and thinktank
Due to the shortage of time, I can't rebut each and every line of URs but have the intellectual capacity to do that since I'm a military enthusiast and been deeply following the project since 2003-4. From prototype 1 to BLOCK 3, JF-17 has taken such a giant lift that it's hardly the same as avionics, electronics, weapon’s inception and radar tech isn't same anymore to be workhorse. GOP's mark up of $28 M was part of crude cronyism, IMO but a complete SINO's delivered package that would be customized with WS-13 engines, recently developed AESA and whole range of weapons could be negotiated for that kind of price, IMO too.

Now, coming to chief designer and U.S's experts opinions, I would just say if U are rich enough to marry a princess then why would prefer to be groom of a poor In-Law? And if U watched recent ZUHAI Air Shows performence then U wouldn't probably post above.

Source: https://defence.pk/threads/multirol...-this-fiscal-year.465650/page-6#ixzz4TwuUuODU

I do not know how newspaper people can claim the existence of gas and oil unless proved scientifically. Note that only recently no foreign oil company bid for the 3 or 4 offshore fields with probability of finding gas/oil. So, how can one say for sure that those minerals are available under the sea in the BoB?
Hey, did U even look at the links that I provided in #87 post?

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom