What's new

Muhammad Bin Qasim

And Hindustan was conquered by Kanishka, Menander, Akbar, Shah Jahan, Abdali, Ghazi Malik, and Sikander Shah Mir, and unlike the ones you named, all these guys came from Pakistan (Peshawar, Sialkot, Sindh, Lahore, Multan, Dipalpur and Kashmir).

Also, almost all the empires which conquered Pakistan settled down, adopting our customs as well as adding their own influence to the mix and intermarried with the local people, resulting in many Pakistanis being descended from them, e.g Gujjars and Durranis come from the Hepthalites, Baluchis come from Persia, Sindhis have some Arab admixture in them, Punjabis and Pakhtuns have some Greek admixture in them, etc.

Oh and Kautilya (a man instrumental in building the Mauryan empire) came from Taxila, so the Mauryan empire is not foreign.
Accept the fact that your history did not start with Mohammed bin Qasim and the Muslim conquest of South Asia. It’s much much older than that.

Accept it..!

Accept the fact that your history did not start with Mohammed bin Qasim and the Muslim conquest of South Asia. It’s much much older than that.

Accept it..!

Pakistan only exists because of the Islamic conquests, so yes that's when the history of Pakistan starts in my opinion.

However, we also have a history before the seeds were sown for Pakistan's formation.

Very immature view, we are a multi-ethnic society.

But an Arab speaks Arabic and follows Arabic culture, so an Arab cannot be a Pakistani. Just as a Pakistani cannot be an Arab.

That is pretty much correct.

The first pakistani was Adam though

The first pakistani was Adam though
Here , the award for winner of this thread .. .
images (56).jpeg

I googled this chap, amazing history. But he is an Arab and not Pakistani. Pakistanis are South Asian with Indian heritage.

I googled this chap, amazing history. But he is an Arab and not Pakistani. Pakistanis are South Asian with Indian heritage.

Many Pakistanis are descended from people who migrated to the region during the Islamic era, as well as before it. Yes we have local heritage, but not entirely.

We are NOT Indian (except for the Muhajirs).

Many Pakistanis are descended from people who migrated to the region during the Islamic era, as well as before it. Yes we have local heritage, but not entirely.

Speak Indian,. Eat Indian, wear Indian, live Indian.
Not Indian.

I don't understand this constant drive to separate ourselves from our neighbors. Why is it so difficult to accept that we share a couple hundred years of history with them and therefore are alot like them ? Admitting this won't suddenly make you a Hindu BJP voter who bathes in the Ganges every morning. Your ancestors would be flipping in their grave knowing that they died so that their future generations would find it easier to relate to some foreign invader.

Last edited:

Sorry to say but Pakistan was part of India ergo Pakistanis have Indian heritage.

Sorry to say but Pakistan was part of India ergo Pakistanis have Indian heritage.

Sorry to say but that is an over simplification of the matter.

Our heritage is mixed, but most of it comes from Pakistan, not the Republic of India.

Speak Indian,. Eat Indian, wear Indian, live Indian.
Not Indian.

I don't understand this constant drive to separate ourselves from our neighbors. Why is it so difficult to accept that we share a couple hundred years of history with them and therefore are alot like them ? Admitting this won't suddenly make you a Hindu BJP voter who bathes in the Ganges every morning. Your ancestors would be flipping in their grave knowing that they died so that their future generations would find it easier to relate to some foreign invader.

No, that is an oversimplification. It is like saying French and German people are the same because they are both European. They are not, they have similarities and differences.

I do not deny we have similarities and a shared history, but we have the same with Afghanistan. Are we Afghan now? Of course not.

I relate to both of them, as Pakistanis are related to both.

Sorry to say but that is an over simplification of the matter.

Our heritage is mixed, but most of it comes from Pakistan, not the Republic of India.

No, that is an oversimplification. It is like saying French and German people are the same because they are both European. They are not, they have similarities and differences.

I do not deny we have similarities and a shared history, but we have the same with Afghanistan. Are we Afghan now? Of course not.

I relate to both of them, as Pakistanis are related to both.

It would be an oversimplification if I said Indians and Pakistanis are both south Asian (which they are) but we're much more similar than just being from the same region. French and German speak different, eat different and live different but that's not the case with us and Indians. Think more like Germany and Austria. The norms, social construct (besides the caste system), architecture and even the physical side of things (well for Punjabis on both sides atleast) are mostly the same. The only major difference that rose is religion and the change in lifestyle that it bought. I'm not out here screaming WE WUZ MARATHAS AND SHIET but I don't see the big deal in admitting that we have a whole lot in common, we are a separate country now. Besides it's alot better than claiming that we and Arabs are somehow connected. Can't speak Arabic, don't look Arabic, don't eat Arabic, don't live in Arab lands but still relate to Arabs ? That's like saying an Indonesian is also related to Arabs just because at one point in time there was Arab influence in the area and now they share the same religion.

It would be an oversimplification if I said Indians and Pakistanis are both south Asian (which they are) but we're much more similar than just being from the same region. French and German speak different, eat different and live different but that's not the case with us and Indians. Think more like Germany and Austria. The norms, social construct (besides the caste system), architecture and even the physical side of things (well for Punjabis on both sides atleast) are mostly the same. The only major difference that rose is religion and the change in lifestyle that it bought. I'm not out here screaming WE WUZ MARATHAS AND SHIET but I don't see the big deal in admitting that we have a whole lot in common, we are a separate country now. Besides it's alot better than claiming that we and Arabs are somehow connected. Can't speak Arabic, don't look Arabic, don't eat Arabic, don't live in Arab lands but still relate to Arabs ? That's like saying an Indonesian is also related to Arabs just because at one point in time there was Arab influence in the area and now they share the same religion.

Beautiful post, hit the nail on the head sir/madam. Well done!

No, there are several major difference between us and them. There are numerous threads and posts on the forum explaining this, go and read them.

I don't care about associating myself with modern day people from the same lands as the Islamic conquerors of the sub-continent, but what I do care about is claiming Muslims of the region are not descended from them. We are, they are part of ancestry (albeit a minor component) and have had a major influence on our culture.

No, there are several major difference between us and them. There are numerous threads and posts on the forum explaining this, go and read them.

I don't care about associating myself with modern day people from the same lands as the Islamic conquerors of the sub-continent, but what I do care about is claiming Muslims of the region are not descended from them. We are, they are part of ancestry (albeit a minor component) and have had a major influence on our culture.

So has Buddhism and Zoroastrianism and Paganism and Hedonism.

Back
Top Bottom