What's new

Mughal policy of marrying enemy daughters

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was a forced alliance too after he defeated the greeks. During wars between Nanda and Mauryan empire, such demands were proposed. When Khushans rose to power in Gandhara(Afghanistan) by defeating the Indo greek alliance then again alliance were forced to made by marrying the greek princess of demetrius
GAndhara is not Afghanistan .. U foo .. Some part of Afghanistan bordering Pakistan were part of Ghandhara

No trouble at all my family historically only married other Syeds usually second cousins or other families but once my father found out about the possible genetics effects this could have on children he said that my siblings and I can marry whomever we want. Likewise a lot of other Syed families are no longer marrying within families and the trend will only grow as people get more educated. Currently my sister is engaged to a Muslim who is not Syed or even Pakistani for the matter.

Well my friends here look people of teir caste only ariyan, syeed, darzee etc. They specially ask if the boy is this or that etc. I have personally seen Lahoris settled here, when they are arranging marriage out of their family.

If you are Punjabi, and syed, I am sure you will have troble marrying a Qureshi, even in Pakistan. The point is, its a culture. Islam or what so ever religion cannot change this.

Punjabis are mixed with each other, they all are genetically same all over Punjab. How did this happen?:lol:

GAndhara is not Afghanistan .. U foo .. Some part of Afghanistan bordering Pakistan were part of Ghandhara

Gandhara and Kamboj were in Afghanistan and Pak respectively, That time Pakistan did not exists and on the basis of culture they were termed so.

Well my friends here look people of teir caste only ariyan, syeed, darzee etc. They specially ask if the boy is this or that etc. I have personally seen Lahoris settled here, when they are arranging marriage out of their family.

Yeah people ask that for marriage purposes but that is old school, but like I said even in the past there were always exception to the rules like Syed men usually married local women but the Syed women never used to marry locals and only recently it has become more acceptable. That however was not because locals are considered beneath us but rather because the children would not be considered Syed. If you know what being Syed tends to mean for Muslims you will understand why some families are keen on "preserving the bloodline" so to speak.

Gandhara and Kamboj were in Afghanistan, That time Pakistan did not exists and on the basis of culture they were termed so.

This is map of Gandhara civilization. And kamboj are punjabi people and live in Pakistan Punjab.

gandhara.jpg

See?

Lmaooo made up history, you cannot differentiate between rape and marriage, first of all no Mughal women ever married anybody that was Mughal policy at all times. Secondly Ranjit Singh did not have Muslim women in his harem lol, the story goes he went to see a dance and he fell in love with some mujra girl who was from a Muslim family and he married her which caused him to nearly be excommunicated by the Akal Takht. However they forgave him and he built her some fort to live in. Marathas were respectable and Shivaji actually sent a Muslim lady back to her family when one of his generals presented her as booty to rape. As for Afghans raping I shall ask resident afghan @Marwat Khan Lodhi about its authenticity.

No trouble at all my family historically only married other Syeds usually second cousins or other families but once my father found out about the possible genetics effects this could have on children he said that my siblings and I can marry whomever we want. However even in the past there were exception as my Nanabus mom was Farsi and my Dadabus mom was Punjabi Rajput. Likewise a lot of other Syed families are no longer marrying within families and the trend will only grow as people get more educated. Currently my sister is engaged to a Muslim who is not Syed or even Pakistani for the matter.

Actually he did, I came to know about it recently while researching about him.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1010409/editoria.htm

"While still a boy, Ranjit got small pox, which blinded one eye and left his face dotted. Emily Eden, who was with her brother, the governor general, Lord Auckland, when they called on the maharaja, described him as “exactly like an old mouse, with grey whiskers, one eye and a grey beard.” A legend goes that his favourite Muslim mistress, Bibi Mohran, in whose name he had a coin struck, once asked him where he was when god was distributing good looks. He replied, “When you were asking for a comely appearance, I asked him for power.” Before meeting him, the governor general asked the maharaja’s chief minister, Fakir Azizuddin what his master looked like. Fakir Azizuddin gave a diplomatic answer: his face has so much jalaal (dazzle) that I have never dared to look at him."

Gandhara and Kamboj were in Afghanistan and Pak respectively, That time Pakistan did not exists and on the basis of culture they were termed so.

I believe GAndhara was more of a mixed city inhabited by both hazarawals n Pakhtuns .. As for kamboh it's a tribe or clan found in Pakistan not Afghanistan.

Yeah people ask that for marriage purposes but that is old school, but like I said even in the past there were always exception to the rules like Syed men usually married local women but the Syed women never used to marry locals and only recently it has become more acceptable. That however was not because locals are considered beneath us but rather because the children would not be considered Syed. If you know what being Syed tends to mean for Muslims you will understand why some families are keen on "preserving the bloodline" so to speak.

syed are equval to brahmins in India and decedents of Mohammad. (Value) I know that, there may be some exception but I am sure sayed will never allow son daughter to marry some one else. I have seen in India, and my friends they bash other muslims from lower caste. Majority has a different mentality that I am sure.

Actually he did, I came to know about it recently while researching about him.

http://www.telegraphindia.com/1010409/editoria.htm

"While still a boy, Ranjit got small pox, which blinded one eye and left his face dotted. Emily Eden, who was with her brother, the governor general, Lord Auckland, when they called on the maharaja, described him as “exactly like an old mouse, with grey whiskers, one eye and a grey beard.” A legend goes that his favourite Muslim mistress, Bibi Mohran, in whose name he had a coin struck, once asked him where he was when god was distributing good looks. He replied, “When you were asking for a comely appearance, I asked him for power.” Before meeting him, the governor general asked the maharaja’s chief minister, Fakir Azizuddin what his master looked like. Fakir Azizuddin gave a diplomatic answer: his face has so much jalaal (dazzle) that I have never dared to look at him."

Bibi Mohran was the wife I am talking about. Here is sikh source of what happened- Maharaja Ranjit Singh Family and Relatives
In one such parties, the Maharaja fell in love with a very beautiful Muslim dancing girl, Moran, whom he ultimately married. She had a great influence over maharaja and money was coined the inscription of Mor; peacock on it in commemoration of the marriage. The maharaja performed pilgrimage to Hardwar, accompanied with Moran. Chand Kaur gave birth to Naunihal Singh, Maharaja's grandson. Prince Naunihal Singh, Maharaja's Grandson
However, this marriage with Moran raised a storm in the kingdom. Sikh public opinion received a rude shock. The maharaja was summoned to the Akal Takht. The maharaja sought forgiveness with all humility. He offered gifts to the panj pyaras, under whose orders he was called. They pronounced punishment which Maharaja gladly accepted. He was to be flogged publicly. Panj Pyaras were gratified at the submission of the Maharaja and took a lenient view and accepted a fine of RS. 1,25,000 from the Maharaja.

I also found this account from Sikh Philosophy Network after googling-

"Akali Phoola Singh was born leader, outspoken such that he would even spoke to Ranjit Singh of his problems. When Ranjit Singh married to a Muslim woman, named Moran of Lahore, Akali Phula Singh, as he was the Jathedar of Akal Takth declared that Maharaja Ranjit singh is not a Sikh anymore and is a Tankhaiya which means out of Sikhism. He ordered the defendant to be at Golden temple before the community. Ranjit singh came and admitted that he had made a mistake. Akali Phula Singh ordered him 50 lashes for Maharaja Ranjit Singh right there. Ranjit Singh took off his shirt and bowed down to receive his punishment, at such Akali Phula Singh asked Community (Sadh Sangat) to forgive the Maharaja who has bowed down in front of the Sadh Sangat for this mistake. And thus Maharaja was pardoned, but not before he promised that he will not marry again."

I believe GAndhara was more of a mixed city inhabited by both hazarawals n Pakhtuns .. As for kamboh it's a tribe or clan found in Pakistan not Afghanistan.
kamboj is referred to Punjab region because the Raja was kamboj. Gandhara had afghan(current) population.

I doubt ''pashtuns'' as we know them today were part of that civilization which was indic/indo-aryan maybe of dardic origin.

I believe Pashtun came into the region around Gandhara much later as settlers.

syed are equval to brahmins in India and decedents of Mohammad. (Value) I know that, there may be some exception but I am sure sayed will never allow son daughter to marry some one else. I have seen in India, and my friends they bash other muslims from lower caste. Majority has a different mentality that I am sure.

Lol all Syed in South Asia will have South Asian genes as well, that is because they married others no other way possible despite as much they try and deny it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom