What's new

MQM says goodbye to PPPP

Prime Minister Gilani should resign, says Fazl

ISLAMABAD: Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-F (JUI-F) chief Maulana Fazlur Rehman on Tuesday demanded the resignation of Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, compounding pressure on a coalition government shedding support.

Fazlur Rehman made the call just hours after the Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM), the main coalition partner of the Pakistan People’s Party (PPP), announced that it was quitting the federal cabinet, although would not join the opposition.

“The prime minister should resign and the PPP should appoint a new one,” Fazlur Rehman told reporters.

His own Jamiat Ulema-i-Islam-F party walked out on December 14 after Gilani sacked one of its three cabinet ministers over a war of words with religious affairs minister Hamid Saeed Kazmi, a PPP member, who was also fired.

Their spat related to a corruption scandal reportedly implicating Kazmi’s ministry in booking accommodation for tens of thousands of Pakistani pilgrims.

“He (Gilani) has sabotaged the process of reconciliation among coalition partners and his actions have caused political instability in the country,” said Rehman.

“The government is under pressure and the president will have to take this step.”

The departure of JUI-F reduced the PPP’s coalition to 185 seats in the 342-member national assembly.

The MQM says it is withdrawing its two cabinet ministers over differences with the PPP, but has yet to join the opposition. The loss of its 25 lawmakers would leave the coalition in a parliamentary minority and could bring down the government.

Prime Minister Gilani should resign, says Fazl | Pakistan | DAWN.COM

i think Gilani need at least 171 seat to continue his service and he has 185, no danger for govt.

i think Gilani need at least 171 seat to continue his service and he has 185, no danger for govt.

what if MQM also goes then he is left with 152 including PPPP, ANP and PML(F). That why Zulfiqar Mirza offered resignation and R Malik is in Karachi. I think Mr Gillani is banking upon thick headed PML(N) leadership.

and how long is this immature tit for tat bullshyte gonna keep going on for?

what is this about sending DVD etc. someone plz inform me

They made the DVD of Zulfiqar Mirza's statements against MQM and presented it to Geelani. Like PM can not see those statements on TV channels. Another drama just from very "Haq parast" MQM.

:lol:

Governor Sindh calls on President Asif Ali Zardari
Governor Sindh Dr. Ishrat-ul-Ibad Khan has called on President Asif Ali Zardari here at Bilawal House and apprised him of reservations of his party which led to separation of two coalition partners at federal level, Dunya News reported.
Sources said that President has assured governor of elimination of MQM’s reservations, adding that after recent tension between two coalition partners in Sindh, there has been seen major progress on political issues between two parties.
Sources told that President also gave assurance of working with MQM, adding that some key decisions are expected in the next 48 hours.

Dunya News

Rehman Dakait With Zulfiqar Mirza!

aqeel-bloach.jpg

6.JPG

Last edited:
If dakaits are on one side, langras are there on other side too. Many more on both sides.

^^ alibaz well said!

anyways like i said MQM was just doing a stunt and will never leave government "my prophecy" came true!!!! end of story period!

MQM will be mazloom for its supporters no matter what even if they support dictatorship or the PPP that carried out the operation against them!

MQM decides to sit on opposition benches in National Assembly, Senate

Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) has decided to sit on opposition benches in National Assembly and Senate.
According to details, the decision to play a role as opposition was made during the MQM Coordination Committee meetings which were held in Karachi and London simultaneously. In these meetings, MQM leadership reviewed its role in national issues and decided that the present government has failed to provide relief to masses, therefore, MQM has decided to join opposition in National Assembly and Senate.
MQM leader Faisal Sabzwari said that MQM’s decision to leave the government was a reaction of unprecedented hike in POL prices and high inflation in the country.
MQM leaders Haider Abbas Rizwi and Faisal Sabzwari said that the MQM would support the government despite sitting on opposition benches.
Both the leaders while talking to media said that the MQM would continue its support to the present government’s policies which were in public interest. They said that MQM did not want to destabilize the democracy and had made the decision with an honest intent. They said that MQM would not ask Prime Minister for vote of confidence. They confirmed that the decision to leave the coalition was made in reaction of high inflation rate and increase in petroleum prices. They said that the MQM has asked the government to take steps to reduce the prices of daily commodities but the government did not respond. They said that on Monday, the MQM would forward a request for sitting on opposition benches to the Speaker of National Assembly.
According to sources, MQM may separate from Sindh Provincial Assembly.
Govt to complete 5-year tenure: Gillani
Commenting on the MQM decision, Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani said that the government would complete its 5-year period.
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani said that the government would functional without MQM’s coalition and added that PML-N would not derail the political system. He stated that President Asif Ali Zardari was holding meetings with MQM to resolve the issues and there was no deadlock, these meetings would be held in future. He said that the government would complete its 5-year tenure, he added.
It is pertinent to mention here that the PPP has lost its strength in National Assembly.
PM telephones Altaf Hussain
Prime Minister Yousaf Raza Gilani made a telephone call to MQM Chief Altaf Hussain and discussed the current political situation in the country and MQM’s decision to sit on opposition benches.

Dunya News

Back
Top Bottom