What's new

MQM accuses Rangers of killing four workers

MQM accuses Rangers of killing four workers
The Newspaper's Staff Reporter
Published about 2 hours ago
536461b302270.jpg

MQM leader Dr Farooq Sattar appealed to Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to direct Corps Commander Karachi Lt Gen Sajjad Ghani to hold an inquiry into the killings. — File photo
KARACHI: Accusing Rangers of being involved in the “extrajudicial killing” of four workers of the Muttahida Qaumi Movement, the MQM on Friday warned of staging demonstrations on highways in Sindh if the killers were not arrested in 72 hours.

Addressing a press conference, MQM leader Dr Farooq Sattar appealed to Chief of Army Staff General Raheel Sharif to direct Corps Commander Karachi Lt Gen Sajjad Ghani to hold an inquiry into the killings.

He also called upon the prime minister to appoint a judicial commission to investigate the incident and ensure recovery of “missing workers” of the MQM in 72 hours.

Dr Sattar said that MQM was a responsible party which did not unnecessarily blame any individual or institution.

He said the party believed that some Rangers personnel were involved in illegal arrests, torture and extrajudicial killings.

He said the four activists, whose bullet-riddled bodies were found in Memon Goth on Wednesday, had been picked up along with two comrades allegedly by the Rangers and officials in plain clothes from the Country Towers apartments on April 13. The workers were first taken to a Rangers checkpost near Al-Asif Square at Sohrab Goth from where they were shifted to an undisclosed location. “Whereabouts of two missing workers are yet to be known.”

Dr Sattar said the MQM would submit evidence if the prime minister constituted a judicial commission.

He appealed to the human rights organisations and civil society to raise voice against “enforced disappearances and extrajudicial killing” of political activists in Sindh, particularly Karachi.

state should announce that safety of their citizens in in their own hands and should be allowed to take law in their own hands

BmnAKbbCUAAeCUA.jpg

Bmk_PYlCYAAD6eA.jpg

Bmk49GbCIAAUJhX.jpg

Bmk5rwgCUAAbshm.jpg

Bmk7d2eCYAEwhOq.jpg

this is so cruel and reality of life in Karachi.

I am all out with you guys on this... no human can do these sort of crimes... @darkinsky @Patriots

this is sheer inhumane.

hope those who did this meet the worst fate in this life..

What a tragedy, I hope culprits are caught. OP should not blame the state though even MQM is not blaming state agencies (the drift seems to be that some third group tried to create differences between MQM/ PPP]

NO third group. both MQM and PPP kill each others' workers like that and for both the escape route is akways blaming the third group.

RIP to all dead from all sides.

Once MQM was in news for peeling skin of alive persons now they seen the same for own activists . indeed its a boomerang for all.

its time MQM should get out of Sindh Govt and protest legally .

This barbarism from all sides should stop

@W.11 dont post such images its unethical

NO third group. both MQM and PPP kill each others' workers like that and for both the escape route is akways blaming the third group.

RIP to all dead from all sides.

Once MQM was in news for peeling skin of alive persons now they seen the same for own activists . indeed its a boomerange for all

@W.11 dont post such images its unethical

MQM hasn't been known to do tortures(can't say the same about MQM-H), if you have proof, come with it

afsna255030603-18.jpg

Farooq Sattar visits Landhi

i can't believe a jurno like you can fall into this crap

this is a video from dubai hospital where asians are fighting, its def not an MQM torture cell

if you may post the proof i will appreciate it :)

As far as MQM/PPP / ABC gangs war well since you are from MQM you must be knowing that all of you guys exhibit the same. its inter-party secrete war. on front you guys join hands while off the screen killing each others' workers.

we have heard how during zulfiqa mirza rule, MQM people were targeted same goes for PPP workers.

This dirty politics of dead bodies should end.

MQM doing the same from past 25 years... destroy Karachi... and now when more powerful comparators entered in to the karachi MQM now start crying...

Karachi was a school for learning torturing skills back in 1990 - 1992.. I think They have learnt it from MQM...

Karachi was a school for learning torturing skills back in 1990 - 1992.. I think They have learnt it from MQM...

torturing has always been the thing about police, LEA, agencies/ drug cartels etc, it has nothing to do with MQM, karachi guys got guns from the afghans themselves in the 80s, karachi didn't even have guns before afghanis arrived

well you posted a random youtube video, i need a better source, anybody can upload any video with fake titles in youtube

torturing has always been the thing about police, LEA, agencies, it has nothing to do with MQM, MQM guys got guns from the afghans themselves in the 80s, karachi didn't even have guns before afghanis arrived
Police and Armed forces personnel were not even allowed to have their typical haircut to save themselves from MQM back than.. they use to kidnap them and then torture them to death.. everyone knows that bhai jaan

As far as MQM/PPP / ABC gangs war well since you are from MQM you must be knowing that all of you guys exhibit the same. its inter-party secrete war. on front you guys join hands while off the screen killing each others' workers.

we have heard how during zulfiqa mirza rule, MQM people were targeted same goes for PPP workers.

This dirty politics of dead bodies should end.

zulfeqar mirza joined hands with ANP gangs(both drug dealers), basically what you don't understand is, for having a gang, one needs to have a drug business, a transport mafia, tanker mafia, water mafia gambling dens, extortion mafia etc, MQM is totally against any of these businesses, and thats the reason of sohrab goth killings in the 80s, afghanis brought drugs with them, the drugs in lyari came with gang war of lyari

Police and Armed forces personnel were not even allowed to have their typical haircut to secure themselves against MQMback than.. they use to kidnap them and then torture them to death.. everyone knows that bhai jaan

not one army men got killed during the army operation when mass graves of MQM were made in margalla hills, everybody knows that man, even major kaleem case got dismissed, the only soldier who alleged MQM tortured him

KARACHI: SC dismisses pleas in Major Kalim case - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom