What's new

Mountain strike corps formally raised, its 1st division formed

You come here to get bashed or something, kid? I was under the impression I was reasoning with an adult. Looks like I was wrong!:lol:

No I come to school Indians on how to form a mountain strike corps agains China. :omghaha:Do i care about what you have impression about me? not at all, call me kid or what ever suit you...I think you already amused me enough with your unworthy comments...I need to find the next challenger.

No I come to school Indians on how to form a mountain strike corps agains China. :omghaha:Do i care about what you have impression about me? not at all, call me kid or what ever suit you...I think you already amused me enough with your unworthy comments...I need to find the next challenger.

Right. Thanks. Our Indian Military Commanders are spineless brainless idiots who should be taking lessons from a typical Chinese troller like you. Thank you ... xie xie nin !

It's fine if they are raising a 'Mountain' strike corps, but the troops/units that will serve under it, how much Mountain warfare experience do they actually have?
They would be doing on-the-job training in mountains especially in high altitude areas. Most troops would be deployed there on rotational basis. They would be able to adapt to mountain warfare conditions within 6 to 8 months.

pdf is full of challengers worthy of you :lol: ....I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Right. Thanks. Our Indian Military Commanders are spineless brainless idiots who should be taking lessons from a typical Chinese troller like you. Thank you ... xie xie nin !

don't you know your military commanders are overrated !!! :lol:

don't you know your military commanders are overrated !!! :lol:
Yes.. like all the chest beating of typical Chinese , you are one of those who think your dick is bigger and better than the rest.. I grant you all your supremacist attitude. What goes up comes down certainly.

And you still did not provide any specs to suggest the Z20 will match/exceed the service ceiling of our Helicopters. Your own sources claim a laughable 3000ft altitude! Idiocy much, my Suppaman? :lol:
you order Mi-17 because 60% to 70% of Indian military harwares are from Russia and ex-soviet, If India decide to stop ordering armement for Russia...than you can kiss good bye for spare parts from Russia.

Z-20 is more than a UH60 clone: 5 blades, apache scisor tail and some other non visual changes, Blackhawk is just a foundation for Z-20, I don't think PLA procurement officiers are enjoyed with 1970s technologies unless Z-20 designer team can come up with some interesting modification & offers.

THIS IS THE MOST REDICULOS REPLY FROM A CHINCOM....

CHINA STRONG!!

THIS IS THE MOST REDICULOS REPLY FROM A CHINCOM....

CHINA STRONG!!
The correct usage is "Chicom"...lol. I assume at least a portion of these divisions will be air-mobile? Or barring that able to be supplied mainly by air?

They would be doing on-the-job training in mountains especially in high altitude areas. Most troops would be deployed there on rotational basis. They would be able to adapt to mountain warfare conditions within 6 to 8 months.

I didn't ask for the curriculum. Obviously they will be trained and what not. What i meant was how many of them have 'actual' battle experience?

Like in Pakistan Army, all the regiments Punjab, Sindh, Baloch, FF, Azad kashmir, they have been rotated and posted in the WoT. So these people actually have battle experience in mountainous terrain. They have constantly reevaluated themselves and hence changed the curriculum accordingly.

For example, when this WoT thing started in 2001, most of Pakistan army units were regulars, trained to fight an infantry vs infantry or armor vs armor battles in the plains of Sindh/Punjab. However, Mountain warfare is very different, especially when you are on the counter attack.

Since the last mountain offensive that IA mounted was either in 1962 against Chinese or 1999 in Kargil, how many of the current regulars have real battle experience?

You can train all you want. It's the real time experience that counts.

I didn't ask for the curriculum. Obviously they will be trained and what not. What i meant was how many of them have 'actual' battle experience?

Like in Pakistan Army, all the regiments Punjab, Sindh, Baloch, FF, Azad kashmir, they have been rotated and posted in the WoT. So these people actually have battle experience in mountainous terrain. They have constantly reevaluated themselves and hence changed the curriculum accordingly.

For example, when this WoT thing started in 2001, most of Pakistan army units were regulars, trained to fight an infantry vs infantry or armor vs armor battles in the plains of Sindh/Punjab. However, Mountain warfare is very different, especially when you are on the counter attack.

Since the last mountain offensive that IA mounted was either in 1962 against Chinese or 1999 in Kargil, how many of the current regulars have real battle experience?

You can train all you want. It's the real time experience that counts.
Experience you're talking of? Ok, let's see. The Indian Army is among the most experienced and best trained in mountain warfare having fought numerous conflicts in the Himalayas in Arunachal Pradesh and J&K while maintaining one of the largest active contingents of mountain warfare forces in the world, giving the Indian Army some of the most extensive and well-developed Mountain Warfare capabilities.

And Siachen Glacier is the world's highest battlefield, with about 3000 Indian troops on year round deployment on the edge of a glacier for over two decades, in this most inhospitable of mountain territories, at altitudes over 6000 meters (20,000 feet) and at temperatures as low as -50 Celsius.

Due to the instability in the region and the need for permanent deployments in the mountainous regions, India's mountain warfare units were vastly expanded after the 1962 war, with the creation of six mountain divisions. The Indian Army presently has 10 mountain divisions dedicated to mountain warfare (eight mountain divisions and two mountain strike divisions) and another infantry division earmarked for high altitude operations.

The Indian Army is now in the process of raising a mountain strike corps and two additional mountain divisions to be operational in five years. The strike corps will also have extensive air assets, including Utility helicopters, Helicopter gunships and Attack helicopters.

Officers and jawans who have vast experience in mountain warfare will form the core of these formations, not newbies!

wat are the options we have for light tank?
any ongoing program by drdo?
any rfp released to procure from foreign ?

The Light Tank is hardly a priority now. Even more so sonsidering that only a few patches there are "tank country". The biggest priority right now is raising the appropriate forces and the ability to rapidly deploy them there. Both of those things are being attended to right now by IA and the IAF.

Next is the need to beef up the portability of fire-power. That is where the ULH comes in. Then the IA must consider reworking its 105 mm Mountain Gun into a lighter and more lethal version, since this caliber is ideally suited for use in the Hilly terrain. Finally there is the venerable 40 mm Bofors Ack-Ack which has been found to be great utility as a arty piece in Kashmir at the LOC. But for that it needs to be modified, mainly made lighter still and some new ordnance made for it.

I certainly doubt that. They will give the PLA a tough fight but I am not sure how long the morale of the troops will last under outnumbered odds. That will be the determining factor..
Skills will play a large part but the unforgiving mountains require more temperament than skills.

@Oscar; its not so simple as that. Even the numbers game is not so important. The last time around the old British "Plains Pattern of set-piece" battles was used, which was inappropriate. Now the emphasis is on some mobile elements using terrain to advantage while the set-piece emplacements only provide covering fire. Most of all is the air-assets that will be used, something that was not considered earlier. Then remember sustaining the supply line is extremely difficult in that terrain.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom