What's new

Mountain strike corps formally raised, its 1st division formed

Funny, we chinese have same idea to rise high altitude rapid reaction force, let see who will be on the podium on this race. Z-20 our answer to Indian mountain strike corps, our rapid reaction unit will make Indian army the tandori chicken of the day.:rofl:

WzB4Wnx.jpg

A small question- how will the PLAAF achieve air superiority over indian airspace and penetrAte the AD network to allow these to operate with any level of security?

Funny, we chinese have same idea to rise high altitude rapid reaction force, let see who will be on the podium on this race. Z-20 our answer to Indian mountain strike corps, our rapid reaction unit will make Indian army the tandori chicken of the day.:rofl:

WzB4Wnx.jpg
LOL...What High Altitude are you talking about?? The Z-20 can reportedly ferry troops upto 3000ft, not metres! And Mountain Corps need to operate above 3000metres in the high Himalayas.

Z-20: China's first domestic tactical utility helicopter|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

Grow up, Fanboy!

more cannon fodder for the PLA.......
I certainly doubt that. They will give the PLA a tough fight but I am not sure how long the morale of the troops will last under outnumbered odds. That will be the determining factor..
Skills will play a large part but the unforgiving mountains require more temperament than skills.

LOL...What High Altitude are you talking about?? The Z-20 can reportedly ferry troops upto 3000ft, not metres! And Mountain Corps need to operate above 3000metres in the high Himalayas.

Z-20: China's first domestic tactical utility helicopter|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

Grow up, Fanboy!

Z-20 is designed for high altitude operation, we made this specially for Tibet operation. We can pop its like rabbit once operation, with this toy we can form a rapid airborne assault as U.S 101 division. Your so call mountain strike corps will have no place to hide...

let see who will grow up faster;)

Z-20 may be used to deploy PLA troops to Tibet: The Diplomat|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

Z-20 is designed for high altitude operation, we made this specially for Tibet operation. We can pop its like rabbit once operation, with this toy we can form a rapid airborne assault as U.S 101 division. Your so call mountain strike corps will have no place to hide...

let see who will grow up faster;)

Z-20 may be used to deploy PLA troops to Tibet: The Diplomat|Politics|News|WantChinaTimes.com

WRONG! It isn't 'specially' made for Tibet. Did you even bother to read the report that you have quoted and the report from the same source that I have quoted before?

Safe to say it's high altitude performance is still a big question mark. Unless it's proven to work just as efficiently at around 12000-15000ft, it won't play any role in a mountain conflict with India.

I certainly doubt that. They will give the PLA a tough fight but I am not sure how long the morale of the troops will last under outnumbered odds. That will be the determining factor..
Skills will play a large part but the unforgiving mountains require more temperament than skills.
The axiom is that the attacking force in Mountains needs a 9:1 ratio of numerical superiority to prevail.

The axiom is that the attacking force in Mountains needs a 9:1 ratio of numerical superiority to prevail.

Wasn't it 5:1? at least during the Kargil war, the IA had hinted at such a ratio.

We actually have parity in numbers with the chinese at the border right now.Chinese advantage is in infrastructure which allows them to concentrate forces from the hinterland much more rapidly than us.However there is a downside to this- their supply lines are mostly from 2-3 large rail lines/highways which are easy static targets for aircraft launched PGMs/cruise missiles.Another factor is tibetan plateau is a treeless flat area.Any concentration of forces is very difficult to hide from satellites.Thus surprise is near impossible.
A third point is air superiority.PLAAF has only enough bases to concentrate at most 16 squadrons-21 squadrons over the battle space.All strike aircraft would also take off from they plateau area at 1/2 to 1/3 payload due to altitude penalty.Indian aircraft are situated on bases in lower altitudes and don't suffer this penalty.Also few if any operational PLAAF aircraft have OBOGS,a must for high altitude air combat.Most IAF aircraft-mirages,sukhois and migs have OBOGs.This gives IAF a advantage in air combat.Finally flat terrain of plateau means indian radars can pick up PLAAF aircraft taking off more easily than chinese whose tracking is obstructed by more rugged terrain on indian side.Without air superiority in modern warfare PLA would find it very difficult to make much headway into indian territory under IAF attack.Conventional military wisdom is 7:1 superiority against prepared defender in mountain warfare.

I think these points should be kept in mind too.Both sides know the situation and wouldn't try anything rash hopefully.

WRONG! It isn't 'specially' made for Tibet. Did you even bother to read the report that you have quoted and the report from the same source that I have quoted before?

Safe to say it's high altitude performance is still a big question mark. Unless it's proven to work just as efficiently at around 12000-15000ft, it won't play any role in a mountain conflict with India.

you certainly don't know the story behind how China had selected the black hawk during 1980s :lol:..we chose it for it Tibet's performance and nothing else, at that time Tibet was a remote area for transport communication, not tibet rail nor high way, blackhawk was the solution.

Chinese designers certainly not going to downgrate the Z-20 performaces compares the original 1970s black hawk, there must be a good reason why Z-20 has 5 blades instead of 4.

And we shall see how India gorvernment will react to Chinese Z-20 deployment in Tibet..stay tune, soon or late India media will write a long article about Chinese's thread with our mighty Z-20:big_boss:

you certainly don't know the story behind how China had selected the black hawk during 1980s :lol:..we chose it for it Tibet's performance and nothing else, at that time Tibet was a remote area for transport communication, not tibet rail nor high way, blackhawk was the solution.

Chinese designers certainly not going to downgrate the Z-20 performaces compares the original 1970s black hawk, there must be a good reason why Z-20 has 5 blades instead of 4.

And we shall see how India gorvernment will react to Chinese Z-20 deployment in Tibet..stay tune, soon or late India media will write a long article about Chinese's thread with our mighty Z-20:big_boss:

LOL..Sure buddy. Whatever tickles you the best.:partay:

If having more blades help with altitude, why not have 10 blades instead of 5 or 4? I'll let you chew on that for a while.

LOL..Sure buddy. Whatever tickles you the best.:partay:

If having more blades help with altitude, why not have 10 blades instead of 5 or 4? I'll let you chew on that for a while.

I dont need to convince you with 5 or 10 blades and that was not my intention neither. the below info said enough about chinese blackhawk for high altitude.

In December 1983, examples of the Aerospatiale AS-332 Super Puma, Bell 214ST SuperTransport and Sikorsky S-70A-5 (N3124B) were airlifted to Lhasa for testing. These demonstrations included take-offs and landings at altitudes to 17,000 feet and enroute operations to 24,000 feet. At the end of this testing, the People's Liberation Army Air Force purchased 24 S-70C-2s. These S-70C-2s equipped with more powerful GE T700-701A engines, for improved high-altitude performance.[47] While designated as civil variants of the S-70 for export purposes, they are operated by the People's Liberation Army Air Force.

Sikorsky UH-60 Black Hawk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

A wiki article without any source mentioned?really? Now I'm truly scared. :fie:

In any case, WHY exactly should we be scared of this new Helicopter? What's the big difference between this and the Mi17s and Dhruvs that we have?:lol:

So desperated aren't you? :omghaha:go to read your #18 post, you're the one who questioned about Z-20 high altitude capability? there is plenty of chinese source about how we got the blackhawk but it's pointless to show...you can figure out by yourself with internet.

And noone said that India should be scared of China if you care to read my posts, what I said that we will gladly counter Indian's so call mountain strike corps with our rapid deployment force with the new Z-20 toy as platform.
S-70C_Blackhawk_Helicopter_China6.jpg

and eventually evolute into....Steathier Z-20 :D

xlarge_stealthtoy.jpg

So desperated aren't you? :omghaha:go to read your #18 post, you're the one who questioned about Z-20 high altitude capability? there is plenty of chinese source about how we got the blackhawk but it's pointless to show...you can figure out by yourself with internet.

And noone said that India should be scared of China if you care to read my posts, what I said that we will gladly counter Indian's so call mountain strike corps with our rapid deployment force with the new Z-20 toy as platform.
S-70C_Blackhawk_Helicopter_China6.jpg

and eventually evolute into....Steathier Z-20 :D

xlarge_stealthtoy.jpg
And you still did not provide any specs to suggest the Z20 will match/exceed the service ceiling of our Helicopters. Your own sources claim a laughable 3000ft altitude! Idiocy much, my Suppaman? :lol:

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom