What's new

More than 300 PAF Mirages & F-7s will be retired in future. A huge market indeed.

AoA
Thanks for the Naseeha, really appreciate it.

So this was a test ???

Production of JH-7B has not stopped ?

What about the portion where you mentioned the lack of maneuverability as a draw back. Felt pretty convincing.

You are a PDF think tank consultant so your views matter. I think there is convergence that PAF should have a dual engine long range heavy weight aircraft. In your opinion should some of them be pure bombers?

BTW have reshaped my list - not finalized it.

Regards
No what I wrote, I believe it to be true. But again run your own little research and see if you come up with anything more.
A

Dear members, Pakistan Airforce is operating with mixed fleet of older and newer generation jets. Pakistani Mirages and F-7s comprises more than 300 in number which will be retired in a decade or more than a decade.

jf17_thunder.jpg

Pakistani_F-16.jpg

Pakistan Airforce have initial plan to induct 150 JF-17s of different blocks. Procurement of new Thunders & Vipers can surely fill the gap but still after that, the space for 150-200 fighter jets will be available in PAF inorder to maintain current number strength. JF-17 Thunder & F-16 Fighting Falcon are modern 4th Gen jets no doubt and are capable to protect aerial frontiers of Pakistan but in my personal and humble opinion, only 2 platforms cannot fulfill this job.

J-10a_zhas.png

Chinese_Su-27.JPG

Pakistan Airforce is testing and negotiating for new jets to replace its aging fleet and to counter the high tech procurement of adversary. Chinese whole J series with J-10, J-11, J-16, J-31 are all potent aircrafts and can be designed according to Pakistani requirements.

A9nkpkc.jpg

j-31_3_zhuhai.jpg

The main and common question of members of this forum is about availability of funds to procure 200 modern 4th Gen and 4.5th, 5th Gen jets. I think Pakistani government can arrange a 10 billion $ package for a decade long procurement plan. Payments can be arranged in 2 decades with a complete financial observation plan. Russian Su-35S is also a potential contender inorder to fill the gap of remaining 200 jets. But Except Russian and Chinese platforms, i am not observing any contender to join PAF in huge numbers.

7_04_09_784.JPG

Note: Its a personal opinion which can be debated but i don't know forums policy about personal opinions. I saw many other threads which are based on personal opinions that why i also wrote this one. Constructive and Positive debate from Pakistani me
mbers is expected :-)

Can I buy one plz..

Rumor are it could be a Twin Engine Fighter.
As far as I know these are just rumors J-10 will not have any twin engine variant for that Chinese are busy working on J-11 and other chinese flankers.
J-11D is not that bad Either It has more range can use to Deep strike missions and to protect our Coast line (Naval Wing)
+ Load that it can carry + AESA radar +Range 3530 KM
Are chinese willing to sell them? And how long will they take to deliver since they'll first meet PLAAF and PLAN's requirement?
250 in 5 blocks.50 per block
I too know about 250 as a higher limit but 5 blocks? I highly doubt that happening.

Is PAF looking to buy em.... NO

There was a lot of chatter about PN procuring J11's, and adding them to their Naval Aviation Unit. Several studies were conducted by the Naval War College and the overwhelming conclusion was that these birds would add the most punch with the smallest funds. But due to the deteriorating economy during the PPP years and issues with the Engine put this plan to the back burner. I am quite sure now it has been shelved, but from a neutral point of view these birds would add the most weight to PN's Offensive Punch.

Also, if hypothetically Pakistan does procure these birds, they will likely fall under PN's Command and not PAF.

Because a fighter cannot do what a bomber does with the same efficiency.

The JH-7B carries 9000 Kg of ordinance while the Su -35 carries 6900 with 50% internal fuel

Having a strike element with 9000 Kg of bombs greatly reduces the package size.

I remember Sir Qaiser's lecture - PAF concentrates more on the mean rather than the end.

Regards

The studies that were commissioned and completed by Naval War College recommended the J11 and not the JH-7. JH-7 was rejected by PAF long before, it was the J11 that was being eyed and the PN was really pushing this case forward.

There was a lot of chatter about PN procuring J11's, and adding them to their Naval Aviation Unit. Several studies were conducted by the Naval War College and the overwhelming conclusion was that these birds would add the most punch with the smallest funds. But due to the deteriorating economy during the PPP years and issues with the Engine put this plan to the back burner. I am quite sure now it has been shelved, but from a neutral point of view these birds would add the most weight to PN's Offensive Punch.

Also, if hypothetically Pakistan does procure these birds, they will likely fall under PN's Command and not PAF.

Agree long range better load AESA can tackle MiG can take out ships this bird can protect our southern side with ease...

The studies that were commissioned and completed by Naval War College recommended the J11 and not the JH-7. JH-7 was rejected by PAF long before, it was the J11 that was being eyed and the PN was really pushing this case forward.

AoA

If you go to AVIC HQ in Bejing they would actually be hiding the J-11 and its variants. Probably because Russia has imposed some export restrictions on the flanker variants.

Regards

AoA

If you go to AVIC HQ in Bejing they would actually be hiding the J-11 and its variants. Probably because Russia has imposed some export restrictions on the flanker variants.

Regards

What if i told you that PAF pilots have actually flown those birds. As far as Russian sensitivities are concerned, we all know how well the PLAF took them into consideration by producing this very aircraft even though they were only licensed to produce the SU27. Despite Russian threats to take the Chinese to court, PLAF went forward with its modernization plan. According to the PLAF, J11 is a complete Chinese product, thus does not fall under Russian restrictions unlike the SU27.

PAF dream combat aircrafts inventory by 2020 should be:
JF-17 (Block 1 to 4) = 216 (12 Squadron)
F-16 = 90 (5 Squadron)
J-10 B/C = 72 (4 Squadron)
J-11 D or SU-35 = 72 ( 4 Squadron)

Total = 450 (25 Squadron)
By maintaining this incentory at least, PAF will be able to counter IAF by all means InshAllah because of the skilled pilots & maintaining all 4 plus generation aircrafts. This is a feasible & practical approach to acquire these aircrafts.

What if i told you that PAF pilots have actually flown those birds. As far as Russian sensitivities are concerned, we all know how well the PLAF took them into consideration by producing this very aircraft even though they were only licensed to produce the SU27. Despite Russian threats to take the Chinese to court, PLAF went forward with its modernization plan. According to the PLAF, J11 is a complete Chinese product, thus does not fall under Russian restrictions unlike the SU27.
J-11bs were long disscused , they are good cheap , & very use full fighters in any situation , even in PAF s POV ?
we can have , a lot of variations & lot of replacements in them , but why we are still stuck with the F-16S ?

J-11bs were long disscused , they are good cheap , & very use full fighters in any situation , even in PAF s POV ?
we can have , a lot of variations & lot of replacements in them , but why we are still stuck with the F-16S ?

Simple

Because the F16's are damn good machines, we have the infrastructure setup to support them and most importantly our Pilots have a mastery of these good ole machines. We don't have to train pilots from the scratch, draw out new battle plans and develop new tactics that specifically cater to these machines. They will be put into service right away instead of going through the costly process of integration.

Simple

Because the F16's are damn good machines, we have the infrastructure setup to support them and most importantly our Pilots have a mastery of these good ole machines. We don't have to train pilots from the scratch, draw out new battle plans and develop new tactics that specifically cater to these machines. They will be put into service right away instead of going through the costly process of integration.
Kinnevi shart hai ke Eff-Solah de masle aur pange ae fir chaar din baad koi senior ya elite "tajziakaar" ke drama ka hissa hoga ?:cheesy:

Simple

I mean I am astonished , the way of thinking you just written in your post ?
Even if F-16s were god send air fighter jets , even then we need to look beyound it some day at some point ?
Their own air force is changing it , & why not we should all stop on JF- 17 & just only have F-16S IN OUR FORCE ?
Why we need to develop thunders ?
I mean , no air force , decides on infrastructures , & being afraid to be trained on new tech platforms ?
Even though , its an advantage but to a certain limit ?
New tech - air fighter s are way ahead of the dam F-16s & our enemy has lots in numbers ?
Wasn't expecting the ,decade old rehotic that F-16s are only the best ever air fighters built in the world ?
I can't expect that our air force pilots are afraid , shaky , or tired to train on other high tech air fighters in the world .
Sorry friend , I cant find any logic , in a sanction **** , pentagon kill switch equipped pice of shyt , been used to fool common Pakistanis ?

Simple

We are stuck with F16s as it was a great plane,it is a good plane still,we do not have too many options and lastly F16 is PAFs comfort zone. PAF needs to come out of the box

Back
Top Bottom