What's new

More than 300 PAF Mirages & F-7s will be retired in future. A huge market indeed.

Just FYI: PAF Mirages successfully targeted a US Carrier in joint military drills. Mirages flew few feet above sea level and exercised to deliver Exocet missiles. Carrier crew remained stunned after this maneuver by Mirages. Raad ALCM can perform this maneuver on its own. It provides stand-off capability to our Mirages & Thunders.

J10C will be equipped with more advanced radar equipment, the radar range will be greater than the previous J10 variants radar detection range and the ability to simultaneously track 12 targets. Its cockpit will be set up with more advanced domestic diffraction HUD. In addition J10C will be equipped with more advanced PL-13 remote air to air missiles. The installation of a laser-guided pod and also will have the ability to launch a variety of laser-guided bombs, to further improve the precision strike capability against ground targets.

J-10C made its maiden flight on 24 DEC 2013.

Rumor are it could be a Twin Engine Fighter.

285_132055_4d6f19edfd117f8.jpg

901.jpg

J10 C & J31 both will take a lot of time & a lot of changes before they get officially inducted in PLAAF.

Of course PAF needs new fighter jets to replace the old fleets of Mirage & F7, & in my opinion SU35 & J10B are the right choice for PAF.

People need to realize here that J31 will take a lot of time & will go under many changes before getting inducted in PLAAF, so nothing will happen before that.

Just FYI: PAF Mirages successfully targeted a US Carrier in joint military drills. Mirages flew few feet above sea level and exercised to deliver Exocet missiles. Carrier crew remained stunned after this maneuver by Mirages. Raad ALCM can perform this maneuver on its own. It provides stand-off capability to our Mirages & Thunders.

Hi,

Young man you are winging it left and right----. That incident happened in the 70's.

Raad is not an anti ship missiles---it is air to surface missile----. AS missiles are not used against moving naval targets---.

Can we make any money by selling the retired jets for scrap?Any estimated scrap value per jet?

Hi,

It does not work that way----. JF 17 basically cannot target Mumbai---and that too with only 1 ALCM. If there is an air cversion and if it can carry a Bubur cruise missile----it can launch from that distance----but not other alcm's.

Only one YJ12 can be carried on the JF 17 and that also has a range of 250 km----.

Did you ever got beat up in school---or did anyone ever threaten you in school or did you ever beat up someone at school-----and what did you do.
in this mockup display
Pakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BJF-17%2Bfighter%2Bwith%2BCM-400AKG%2Bsupersonic%2Bground%2Bmissiles%2B2.jpg

two of cm 400akg (yj12) is visible while 1 more can be there in the center i think

Can we make any money by selling the retired jets for scrap?Any estimated scrap value per jet?
nobody will buy too old jets but for f7 i think thier can be coutries might buy at cost 1-3 millon dollars
nd of course the whole scrap of mirages except rose might worth less than 1 millon dollar

in this mockup display
Pakistan%2BAir%2BForce%2BJF-17%2Bfighter%2Bwith%2BCM-400AKG%2Bsupersonic%2Bground%2Bmissiles%2B2.jpg

two of cm 400akg (yj12) is visible while 1 more can be there in the center i think

nobody will buy too old jets but for f7 i think thier can be coutries might buy at cost 1-3 millon dollars
nd of course the whole scrap of mirages except rose might worth less than 1 millon dollar

Buddy,

Read the interview of the air commodore and read the technical reasons for one CM400. Even if it had 2 CM 400's---it could fly far enough.

I expect poor *** countries like Afghanistan to buy all that scrap.But again they have no airforce and never even saw a jet from a close distance flying is another thing.

Hi,

Young man you are winging it left and right----. That incident happened in the 70's.

Raad is not an anti ship missiles---it is air to surface missile----. AS missiles are not used against moving naval targets---.
I never showed rigidness if someone point out my mistake but i have a point here. Ra'ad can carry nuclear warhead just like Nasr. A nuclear device can sink whole Carrier Battle Group.

I never showed rigidness if someone point out my mistake but i have a point here. Ra'ad can carry nuclear warhead just like Nasr. A nuclear device can sink whole Carrier Battle Group.

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. In technical issues---it is a matter of live and learn---. The question of rigidity does not even arise.

The issue over here is that how are you going to launch it. You are moving---the target is moving----your strike weapon does not have the ability to track movement or compensate for it or search for it.

Now if it was a stationery target---that is fine as well-----. On a moving target---you can do an air burst also----but how to get to that stage----!

Hi,

Thank you for your reply. In technical issues---it is a matter of live and learn---. The question of rigidity does not even arise.

The issue over here is that how are you going to launch it. You are moving---the target is moving----your strike weapon does not have the ability to track movement or compensate for it or search for it.

Now if it was a stationery target---that is fine as well-----. On a moving target---you can do an air burst also----but how to get to that stage----!
i have this thing in my mind because all press releases says that Ra'ad is made for stationery targets like radar stations and airbases etc! and i think they will not turn it into a carrier killer because they have many other options.

i have this thing in my mind because all press releases says that Ra'ad is made for stationery targets like radar stations and airbases etc! and i think they will not turn it into a carrier killer because they have many other options.

Hi,

The reason being that we will get C802 and the CM400 AShM----but your idea is not bad----. If raad could be able to strike moving naval target-----then it is not necessary to hit pinpoint----but rather an air burst will do the job very well.

Hi,

The reason being that we will get C802 and the CM400 AShM----but your idea is not bad----. If raad could be able to strike moving naval target-----then it is not necessary to hit pinpoint----but rather an air burst will do the job very well.

AoA
Destruction of their carrier group would be a huge setback to India in any war and a great morale booster for Pakistan.
Regards

i am not telling completely useless
fgfa could enter pak airspace easily
but if in a bvr engagement it make su 35 can detect fgfa around 140 km
while missile good range is 140-150 km so in this sense i am telling fgfa would be some useless
even jammers are taken into account when the ols are same so su 35 would be wise choice for paf

you don't want to count FGFA radar?? are you aware FGFA will get better a 140-150 km missile is useless when FGFA enter into pak air space... you don't have clarity on what you are talking... show me which missile got 150km range? you might have tracking range.. but you need to lock.... even if you fire missile at 150km range... FGFA got enough space to return it's home safely.... you don't get much room in Indo-pak war theatre...

AoA
Destruction of their carrier group would be a huge setback to India in any war and a great morale booster for Pakistan.
Regards

Yes definitely it will be big setback to IN only if you can... how you gonna take down CBG... at what cost..... you can't take down CBG with simple strategy like you are thinking.... CBG is like hornet nest... it will take you down before you sunk it..

yep an air bursting tactical nuke can do the job cuz it can cause radiation damage in 2 kms +we have other options like chinease carrier killer missile + a detalied strategy was discussed on a thread a month ago u dont need to worry abt tht :coffee: ;)

AoA
Regards

Hi,

Looking at their past performaces---I could guarantee that if the pak naval air fleet had heavy deep strike assets---the indian battle group would not even show up within the strike range unless guaranteed with clear skies---.

Back
Top Bottom