What's new

More than 300 PAF Mirages & F-7s will be retired in future. A huge market indeed.

Hi,

Looking at their past performaces---I could guarantee that if the pak naval air fleet had heavy deep strike assets---the indian battle group would not even show up within the strike range unless guaranteed with clear skies---.
agreed with u for the first time

Yes definitely it will be big setback to IN only if you can... how you gonna take down CBG... at what cost..... you can't take down CBG with simple strategy like you are thinking.... CBG is like hornet nest... it will take you down before you sunk it..

AoA
It is an Indian CBG not US. Presently equipped with Harriers it is very vulnerable. IN would have to keep it away from the battle scenario otherwise a well planned strike would bring it down.
Regards

Hi,

Looking at their past performaces---I could guarantee that if the pak naval air fleet had heavy deep strike assets---the indian battle group would not even show up within the strike range unless guaranteed with clear skies---.

AoA
Their LRMPAs have huge range. Strike through their offensive submarine element is also possible. Then there is the one way mirage trip equipped with Exocet culminating in ejection and a James Bond style retrieval by submarine. Remember Kalaikunda. I can assure you if the carrier comes into play it would be taken out. Attrition would be acceptable.
Regards

AoA
It is an Indian CBG not US. Presently equipped with Harriers it is very vulnerable. IN would have to keep it away from the battle scenario otherwise a well planned strike would bring it down.
Regards

AoA
Their LRMPAs have huge range. Strike through their offensive submarine element is also possible. Then there is the one way mirage trip equipped with Exocet culminating in ejection and a James Bond style retrieval by submarine. Remember Kalaikunda. I can assure you if the carrier comes into play it would be taken out. Attrition would be acceptable.
Regards

Hi,

I understand that part-----but I want the pilots to come back home alive and go back again---. For that reason I always talk about the heavies for naval strike missions----.

Give the men the resource, the capability, the opportunity and they will do the job right---. The resource is the right aircraft---the capability is to have the right weapons to strike and then come back.

AoA
Regards

AoA
Regards

INS vicky consists almost 2 Sq Mig 29K... as well INS Vishal, Vikrant going to be equipped with Rafael or F 35... so it might not a US CBG but pn isn't any Russian or Chinese navy..... IN CBG still enough for PN... am not talking about harriers...

INS vicky consists almost 2 Sq Mig 29K... as well INS Vishal, Vikrant going to be equipped with Rafael or F 35... so it might not a US CBG but pn isn't any Russian or Chinese navy..... IN CBG still enough for PN... am not talking about harriers...
airforce support there air attacks navy dont have fighter air assets + as stated we can shock americans with mirages then we can surely shock u guys with j(series) fighters

AoA
Regards

AoA
Regards
guess what for tht we have to equip some jets with anti sub missles and other missiles to accompany carrier strike bogies even some air to air missles too

airforce support there air attacks navy dont have fighter air assets + as stated we can shock americans with mirages then we can surely shock u guys with j(series) fighters

guess what for tht we have to equip some jets with anti sub missles and other missiles to accompany carrier strike bogies even some air to air missles too

shock to Americans with mirages... what you are smoking...

shock to Americans with mirages... what you are smoking...
read tht news on previous pages

AoA
True but all of them would not be available at once. At 80% serviceability there would be about 24 aircrafts. Fly them three times a day and you could barely maintain two CAPs and two on scramble. Initiative being with attacker, overwhelming 6 Migs is doable. Without air cover the carrier is a sitting duck.
Regards

Hi,

I understand that part-----but I want the pilots to come back home alive and go back again---. For that reason I always talk about the heavies for naval strike missions----.

Give the men the resource, the capability, the opportunity and they will do the job right---. The resource is the right aircraft---the capability is to have the right weapons to strike and then come back.

AoA
Heavies would come in time. I was talking of what can be done today.
Regards

AoA
True but all of them would not be available at once. At 80% serviceability there would be about 24 aircrafts. Fly them three times a day and you could barely maintain two CAPs and two on scramble. Initiative being with attacker, overwhelming 6 Migs is doable. Without air cover the carrier is a sitting duck.
Regards

AoA
Regards

Hello sir,

Kids think that all the aircraft on the carrier will be up in the air running errands and doing doggy tricks---. That is what I stated---with Heavies in navy's inventory----the indian naval fotilla will not get close to the maritime boundaries----.

Well there are exceptions to that rule
The Iranians have used the AGM-65 Maverick missile in the anti shipping role

Sir,

Cannot live your life looking at the lowest common denominator---. Wars are not fought with ' best case scenarios "-----the results are calculated with worst case scenarios---.

We do not have the desperation issues like the Iranians have-----our problems could be related to incompetence or over confidence.

We have missiles that can be launched from 250 km away---why do we need a maverick with around 20km + range.

Here from wiki

" The AGM-65F is a hybrid Maverick combining the AGM-65D's IIR seeker and warhead and propulsion components of the AGM-65E.[2] Deployed by the United States Navy (USN), the AGM-65F is optimized for maritime strike roles.[2] The first AGM-65F launch from the P-3C took place in 1989, and in 1994, the USN awarded Unisys a contract to integrate the version with the P-3C.[4][11] Meanwhile, Hughes produced the AGM-65G, which essentially has the same guidance system as the D, with some software modifications that track larger targets, coupled with a shaped-charge warhead ?.[1]

Last edited:
We do not have the desperation issues like the Iranians have

Have you not been desparately making a case for a stronger Naval Air Arm ? Since you believe (and I agree) that current air arm at the disposal of the Navy is not in sufficient numbers and resources to take the fight to enemy?

We have missiles that can be launched from 250 km away---why do we need a maverick with around 20km + range.

Talking of worst case scenarios if a blockade of Karachi is in force don't be surprised if the blockade enforcing vessels are attacked with dumb gravity bombs (even aerial cannon fire) let alone short range missiles.

Last edited:
[QUOTE="Zain Ul Abideen Trimzy, post: 7822507, member: 172192" we have to equip some jets with anti sub missles and other missiles to accompany carrier strike bogies even some air to air missles too[/QUOTE]

AoA
We have anti-shipping missiles (exocet) and various air to air missiles on our jets. Why would we require anti sub missiles ?
Regards

AoA
Regards

AoA
Regards

IN CBG will not come close to pakistan coast... how many shorties can PAF make to bring down CBG... how many jets available to PN? there is no dedicated air wing for PN... but IN has there are 45 mig K. 2 Sq will be stationed on INS vickie... so when ever you are thinking about availability of jets for IN... you should think about PN too.... PAF can't afford to diversify it's fleet for Naval role in large numbers... there are still sam network on the carrier... you guys can make carrier useless with just words...

Hello sir,

Kids think that all the aircraft on the carrier will be up in the air running errands and doing doggy tricks---. That is what I stated---with Heavies in navy's inventory----the indian naval fotilla will not get close to the maritime boundaries----.

no one talking all those jets will be up in the air at a time... but when kids think bringing down carrier with one or two antiship missile... and can attack Mumbai with just one jet... flew back safely...

We didn't in the past... Yet we bought 8 AWACS, 4 tankers/strategic cargo,3 Sqds of F-16s,4 Sqds of JF-17...

Burraq UCAVs,8 subs,4-8 FACS,4F-22Ps,MPAs,LRSAMs,UAVs

Tanks,MRAPs,SPGs,Howitzers,MLRs,APCs,Arnoured vehicles,new Gunships (18 vipers,Mi-35E's,Fennecs,)... Etc etc

Now our economy is stabilising.... Security situation is getting better etc etc...

So money won't be a problem in the long run..
I would like to hope that you are right. Insha Allah

Tejas !!!!:o::o::o::mad:

You consider Tejas a threat to Pakistan they cant even fly right. :whistle::whistle:
I consider tejas to be a very bad joke. India has a very bad reputation in their indigenous defense industry that is if they have any.

Back
Top Bottom