What's new

More than 1 million Chinese college students sign up for army

Figaro

Reaction score
Country
United States
(Xinhuanet)
A total of 1.08 million Chinese college students have signed up for the army as of late August this year, up 5.58 percent year on year, according to an educational official on Wednesday.

The figure showed that more college students would like to devote themselves to national defense and serve the country, said Xu Mei, spokesperson for the Ministry of Education.

The ministry will help with physical and political examinations to recruit more soldiers from colleges, Xu said.

In July this year, the military asked to raise the proportion of college student recruits.

http://english.chinamil.com.cn/view/2017-08/31/content_7738181.htm

(Xinhuanet)
A total of 1.08 million Chinese college students have signed up for the army as of late August this year, up 5.58 percent year on year, according to an educational official on Wednesday.

The figure showed that more college students would like to devote themselves to national defense and serve the country, said Xu Mei, spokesperson for the Ministry of Education.

The ministry will help with physical and political examinations to recruit more soldiers from colleges, Xu said.

In July this year, the military asked to raise the proportion of college student recruits.

http://english.chinamil.com.cn/view/2017-08/31/content_7738181.htm
And it's an amazing figure... do the military services have the NEW over 1,000,000 positions or so? If it's meant to include those military related industries and paramilitary services then the number may be easier to grasp.

Ha ha ha, at the end everything in this country is sizeable... really not easy for outsiders to digest :lol::P

Good. These are the real patriots who love their country. Not those disgusting finger pointing Chinese cowards who talk sh1t about President Xi with their big mouth and done nothing for their country except whining and complaining.

Last edited:
Very Good !
1 Million is Huge, maybe it's also because we Chinese people have Patriotic culture in our blood.

Anyway Guys, a couple months ago I read a news about China's soldier recruit allowances in 2017 rising, much higher than the last year.
But today I searching it again and found nothing, I am forget which news site, People's daily, China daily, or english China mil news.

There is anyone have that news or data regarding Chinese soldier allowances for 2017?
Thanks in advance

China is one of very few countries in the world that conscription is not needed. Hundreds of thousands of young people get rejected from joing PLA simply because there are not that many vacancies available.

Very Good !
1 Million is Huge, maybe it's also because we Chinese people have Patriotic culture in our blood.

Anyway Guys, a couple months ago I read a news about China's soldier recruit allowances in 2017 rising, much higher than the last year.
But today I searching it again and found nothing, I am forget which news site, People's daily, China daily, or english China mil news.

There is anyone have that news or data regarding Chinese soldier allowances for 2017?
Thanks in advance

You know I rarely read English newspapers no matter where they are issued.:coffee:

Even under the eternal peace time, millions over millions more well disciplined and trained people are much more useful than the many snowflakes everywhere incl. some part of the spoiled and decadent society in China!

You know I rarely read English newspapers no matter where they are issued.:coffee:
Well, you've the luxury being versed in Chinese language :P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom