Reaction score
Country
China
Thrust: 13,000kg with 17,500kg afterburner

Bypass Ratio: 0.2:1

Thrust-to-Weight-Ratio: 10

It can perform the supercruising ability for 30 minutes at Mach 2. :yahoo:

e9b2tc.jpg

Hmm, it still needs some improvements to meed its goal of 190 kN and a thrust to weight ratio of 11.

More important issue is the service life and reliability. WS-10 has pretty decent stats on paper also, but suffered some quality problems during trial.

More important issue is the service life and reliability. WS-10 has pretty decent stats on paper also, but suffered some quality problems during trial.

unfortunate problem due to metallurgy issues.

unfortunate problem due to metallurgy issues.

Hey if making modern turbofan engines were easy, every country with a halfass defence industry would have them.

Hey if making modern turbofan engines were easy, every country with a halfass defence industry would have them.

yet some certain countries with begging bowls have less visa requirements than us and even have the right to refuse business visa for millionaire investors from a billion USD company! maybe when we bomb them back to the stone age, their views will change but as of now?

turbofans are important, but we all know that soft power is also important, since soft power can kill or neutralize thousands of times more people than any bomber can. The government is spending useless money on useless versions of soft power, instead of focusing on the soft power issues that really matter.

yet some certain countries with begging bowls have less visa requirements than us and even have the right to refuse business visa for millionaire investors from a billion USD company! maybe when we bomb them back to the stone age, their views will change but as of now?

turbofans are important, but we all know that soft power is also important, since soft power can kill or neutralize thousands of times more people than any bomber can. The government is spending useless money on useless versions of soft power, instead of focusing on the soft power issues that really matter.

Softpower is just a part of it. It's more useful because it is more internationally acceptable but do you think the US acts as it does with only softpower?

On the softpower front, the CCP is largely a stupid dinosaur. The only thing I can see it doing right is funding the Confucius institute programs.

Softpower is just a part of it. It's more useful because it is more internationally acceptable but do you think the US acts as it does with only softpower?

On the softpower front, the CCP is largely a stupid dinosaur. The only thing I can see it doing right is funding the Confucius institute programs.

Those are a huge waste of money in fact. What the CPC should do is push for visa free entry for as many countries as possible while still denying visa free entry to as many countries as possible.

The US has hard power but its soft power makes it more acceptable. For example, Filipinos love americans despite their record of exploiting their country and race. Why? Soft power. Filipinos are heavily influenced by US culture.

:coffee: If China and Japan can to cooperative R&D the engine, that would be a great co-operation. Japan has the best Materials Engineering.

Get Japan to open their visa requirements to China first. Citizens of Zimbabwe can go to Japan easier than Chinese can.

What's with the visa thing today? Look for a vacation spot? Because Canada just agree to a tourism visa treaty.

What's with the visa thing today? Look for a vacation spot? Because Canada just agree to a tourism visa treaty.

Just angry. I was planning to go to Malaysia after graduation for two weeks but when I was researching visa requirements, I noticed other than Malaysia it seemed every other country needed a preapproved visa. In addition, I have to take the train to Beijing and stay for 3 days to process my passport. Sigh, I'm so angry that the PRC passport is worth less than that of North Korea, Zimbabwe and Phillipines.

Back
Top Bottom