What's new

Mohammed Morsi Annuls Constitutional Amendment That Would Have Expanded His

Jayati , can I ask your job?

You are one ignorant irritating 'amreeekun--indian' I have seen. You are so childish that I get embarrassed by replying to you. Where have I advocated the 'virtues' of Islamic Law. Actually my child , I haven't even mentioned ANYTHING about Islamic law whatever but it were YOU who brought it here. Kindly, grow up.

If you ever had been to college , which you obviously haven't , then you would know how stupid you are looking right now...

I said give me a *specific* clause which undermine basic human rights. So bharti , tell me "specifically" the problem with Egyptian constitutional draft. I bet you don't even know and are just blabbering here...

Typical paindu bharti ..

You get banned because your posts are dumb. You are a troll.

صُمٌّ بُكْمٌ عُمْيٌ فَهُمْ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ

“They are deaf, dumb and blind, and so they do not think and understand.” (Al-Baqarah 2:171)

صُمٌّ بُكْمٌ عُمْيٌ فَهُمْ لَا يَعْقِلُونَ

“They are deaf, dumb and blind, and so they do not think and understand.” (Al-Baqarah 2:171)

burt.gif

@Armstrong with people like you growing in numbers , I have no doubt to...

Thank You but you do realize that I'm all for the Shariah & not for a Secular Pakistan !

I'd want a religiously impartial & pluralistic Pakistan but not one where religion & state do not mix together ! I'd want a Pakistan where Justice (R) Rana Bhagwandas (a Hindu) can be my President & yet I would have the right to table a resolution in the Parliament with a strong religious connotation; something along the lines of the USA - Not Secular per se but not bigoted either !

Last edited by a moderator:
Thank You but you do realize that I'm all for the Shariah & not for a Secular Pakistan !

I'd want a religiously impartial & pluralistic Pakistan but not one where religion & state do not mix together ! I'd want a Pakistan where Justice (R) Rana Bhagwandas (a Hindu) can be my President & yet I would have the right to table a resolution in the Parliament with a strong religious connotation; something along the lines of the USA - Not Secular per se but not bigoted either !

ahh- so you mean like abortion or gay rights in the US. we have some laws about them and they do have a religious sentiment behind it... but framed under saving life and other on sanctity of marriage which they say is a privilege not right ( being allowed to marriage)

But sharia is not just one law, and if open that Pandora's box what stops others from putting forth all of sharia into law? then what if Hindu laws come in and clash with a Sharia law

Is there any country that runs on Sharia? Completely? Did the system that existed in Afghanistan during Taliban's rule was Sharia?

Me too. But I say that minority religions should only be allowed upto parliament to represent their community but can't held high rank as pm or president. Pakistan was founded on the basis of Islam that's what makes us different.

ahh- so you mean like abortion or gay rights in the US. we have some laws about them and they do have a religious sentiment behind it..

But sharia is not just one law, and if open that Pandora's box what stops others from putting forth all of sharia into law?

The People !

My contention is simple - Put if before the People; if the agree then who are we to say 'nay' & if they disagree then who are we to say 'aye' ?

Essentially myself putting forth a Working Paper that outlines my understanding of the Shariah, of Islamic Finance & Islamic Traditions in the light of modernity, the Jamat-i-Islami doing theres, the PPP coming up with a working paper that advocates (say!) the Swiss Civil Code for Pakistan, the PML N perhaps going the Malaysian way, the MQM perhaps the Turkish way & the Communist Mazdoor Kissan Party going the Marxist-Lennist way. Let all have a fair ground to put forth their views before the people of Pakistan, let them be questioned & cross-questioned & then let us go to the Polls - If the People in Punjab agree to a Malaysian styled Pseudo Secular-Islamist approach - Fine ! If the people in Sindh want a Turkish styled Secularism in light of the blatant abuse of religion - Fine ! If the people from KPK & FATA would much rather have a Jammat-i-Islami version of the Shariah - Fine !

In a nut-shell...place it before the people & then let them decide what they want ! Thats the essence of the democratic process init ? Let them decide if they want more of the same, less of the same or out revocation of the same ! Because if it is not through democracy that we make these decisions...then from whence ?

Me too. But I say that minority religions should only be allowed upto parliament to represent their community but can't held high rank as pm or president. Pakistan was founded on the basis of Islam that's what makes us different.

That is the present system in place in Pakistan !

I'd much rather we afford each Pakistani the same rights & the same privileges as every other Pakistan irrespective of their religious or ethnic affiliations ! But at the same time we don't suffocate the legal, social, economic & political dimensions of Islam - Unless that is what the People want it !

Is there any country that runs on Sharia? Completely? Did the system that existed in Afghanistan during Taliban's rule was Sharia?

Saudi Arabia completely runs on sharia laws, all the Muslims in this country prefer sharia and respect it, it indicates all true Islam, there's no terrorism and Taliban here, this country has the lowest crime rate of all countries comparable to its population, I hardly hear about murder or rape or a home shop robbery, this is way too peaceful country governed by a Malik king who these people love too much and would die for it cuz this country has adopted true Islam.

You know SA is the biggest American ally in gulf right? You know it has supported sectarian forces everywhere (along with Iran) right?
Really? I don't dislike Saudis I mean we have decent relations with them, but seriously doubt people of Pakistan would like that system in your country. That's what Iranis and many Pakistanis in PDF call Wahabi forces right? And women can't drive?
Also, no mazars. If somebody tries to implement that system in Pakistan, it will divide the people dangerously. And I know many Pakistanis in PDF will agree.
But you didn't answer the other question about Afghanistan. Was that Shariah?
Saudi Arabia completely runs on sharia laws, all the Muslims in this country prefer sharia and respect it, it indicates all true Islam, there's no terrorism and Taliban here, this country has the lowest crime rate of all countries comparable to its population, I hardly hear about murder or rape or a home shop robbery, this is way too peaceful country governed by a Malik king who these people love too much and would die for it cuz this country has adopted true Islam.

That is the present system in place in Pakistan !

I'd much rather we afford each Pakistani the same rights & the same privileges as every other Pakistan irrespective of their religious or ethnic affiliations ! But at the same time we don't suffocate the legal, social, economic & political dimensions of Islam - Unless that is what the People want it !

I want their equal rights too but they going for pm , president, chief justice or the army chief will be completely opposite, it will start much bloodshed in Pakistan simply because we are a majority Muslim nation our foundation was based on Islam.
That's what makes us different from India or else jinnahs urge for a Muslim nation and two nation theory are wrong.

How is that equal rights to minorities? What is non muslims use the same logic and say our nation was NOT formed on the basis of Islam and hence Muslims should NOT occupy the top post.
That's ridiculous right? Any post or position should be merit based. Otherwise, why even allow minorities to live in your country. It was formed for them?
I want their equal rights too but they going for pm , president, chief justice or the army chief will be completely opposite, it will start much bloodshed in Pakistan simply because we are a majority Muslim nation our foundation was based on Islam.
That's what makes us different from India or else jinnahs urge for a Muslim nation and two nation theory are wrong.

Back
Top Bottom