What's new

Moeed yousaf's another brilliant interview to CNN

Oh the enemies miss the good old days of when we had disgusting nawaz ganja, not being able to utter a single word to defend his country.
Moeed is an improvement over what we had before him, but we got a long way to go before we have people who can lock horns with the western media. Apologizing doesn't work with these types of journalists. You have to be up front and passive aggressive with Her type.

Can you imagine

Nawaz declared himself our foreign minister as well as PM, so that fat fcuk could go on holidays

Bhuttos would agree with foreign media and attack Pakistan

Honestly it has been SOOO REFRESHING LAST FEW YEARS

PAKISTAN is finally being protected by patriots

From humiliating India in 2019 to Afghanistan, PAKISTAN has finally stood up for itself

He gets the points across but he talks a bit too much. I thinl at this rate people will soon be asking him to stop talking. He now needs to start putting points acrossmore succinctly.
A
He doesn't have an imposing aggressive personality; works against him with the anchor trying to bulldoze him.

looks can be deceiving .... he doesn't look like a person who could give anchor a tough time but he performed well but still Becky was bullying him and couple of times was outright rude but interrupting him

He doesn't have an imposing aggressive personality; works against him with the anchor trying to bulldoze him.
He has an imposing position. He does not need a personality to go with it. The anchors world over will try to rile you up for you to say something that can then be exploited.
For instaance " but the US CIA chief was in Afghanistan because we have been engaged with them ". It made me realize half an hour later that my natural response would have been"so with 40 yrs of contacts half the Afghan leadership being in Pakistan you do not think the Pakistani intelligence Chief would have any contact with them?" Now do you see how that opens another Pandora!s box because that will give wind to the Western media and NATO narrative of Pak ISI being involved with and guiding the Taliban. Npw if you see how he avoids this bait it will make you realize what the requirements of this job were and why he has been taken on.
A

He gets the points across but he talks a bit too much. I thinl at this rate people will soon be asking him to stop talking. He now needs to start putting points acrossmore succinctly.
A
Araz, I couldn't agree more with you. The future demands that we prepare our government officials, foreign service, and others with the set of skills and tools to effectively deal with the western media and governments. Their ability to speak English competently, and precisely, will win half the battles for Pakistan, long before we ever get to the real battle fields. A bit of patriotism won't hurt either.

While moeed sahib did okay job in this interview. However, He did come out as being slightly apologetic, when he didn't have to be on some points. Moreover, He did stretch his points at times. Next time he needs to be better prepared, and get his point through in fewer words.

Unlike what goes for journalism in Pakistan, these world media channels set and promote the agenda of their respective governments and establishments. Something our treacherous news media can learn a thing or two from, rather than undermining the security establishment to the delight of our enemies. Military for it's part need to make some changes as well, but that's another discussion.

Last edited:
That's a good interview but not good enough. I don't really understand why our officials are so defensive or even apologetic? Why don't we bluntly tell the reality to outside world. Taliban have successfully fought world's best equipped militaries for twenty years and finally defeated and disgraced them all in Afghanistan. Why would they need Pak military's help to get into and control a really small region like Panjsher valley?

More than that, why can't we tell the world that Taliban have all the right to make their own government in Afghanistan. Is their government not a national government? What the outside powers expect from the victors in Afghanistan? To offer ministries to those sell-out criminals and traitors who helped the occupying forces in killing tens of thousands of innocent Afghans during last twenty years? If anything, these criminals should be prosecuted and punished for their war crimes.

One can claim that the new Afghan government is dominantly consisting of Pashtuns. But that's the natural course and is fine at this stage. After Taliban get a strong hold of the country, they can include people from other ethnic groups from different parts of Afghanistan in the provincial governments. But again those people will most probably not be the war criminals and traitors. The era of war lords is over in Afghanistan. People from the lower middle class from different Afghan ethnic groups will likely be included in the future Afghan government. Earlier the world powers understand that reality, better for this region and the whole world in general.

Pushing Taliban would amount to promoting extremism in their ranks. Keep in mind, if God forbid, anything like 9/11 happens again, would powers will certainly not be able to invade that country yet once more. So, westerns need to come back their senses, earlier the better. Pakistan needs to tell this to the world in a rather blunt manner.
This is how you give material to the westerners so they can do their propaganda and take quotes out of context. Pakistan image is already very very poor to the outside world. Don't antagonize people further that it will become popular in west that Pakistan should be the next country to be invaded by USA and its allies. Our economy is already a joke and near complete collapse, we must stay defensive until economically we get stronger.

India uses the same playbook from East Pakistan. Make the reality so warped through fake media and narratives that people take your argument as radioactive. So even a rational argument is summarily dismissed, and rational people in the West who as it is have a proclivity to believe anything insidious from these "MUSLIMS", will be quick to buy any BS that is peddled by India.

As far as Moeed goes, I have said this in the past as well - this man is the best thing we have going for us. I hope they check his brake fluid, look under his car seat, and have a "champo" run his ignition before he gets to drive.

On another note I was lucky enough to see the soon to be released promo for docu on East Pakistan. Man o man, we are all in for a treat. As soon as I can get internal permission, I'll try and share something. I am not given to fancy, but this product (quality, thesis, believability) blew my socks.

Last edited:
There is still apologetic tone from those who are representing Pakistan in front of western audience. Need improvement.

It was such a great opportunity to drill another hole into CNN. What Moeed should have done is to drill her by asking on what basis she is asking this question about Pakistani so called involvement in Afghanistan. Is it based on some concrete facts? what are those facts? If not, is it based some random news and tweets originating from India. If that is the case, CNN should just pack their bags and go home, and stop calling itself a global media house as it failed to do its due diligence and confirm the authenticity of the these blatant lies spread by India. On the question of so called Afghan resistance, you got the head of this resistance, Ahmed Masood, uploading the picture of American downed F16 as Pakistani F16! Is CNN taking such lot seriously? If so, then CNN own agenda is under scanner.

He has an imposing position. He does not need a personality to go with it. The anchors world over will try to rile you up for you to say something that can then be exploited.
For instaance " but the US CIA chief was in Afghanistan because we have been engaged with them ". It made me realize half an hour later that my natural response would have been"so with 40 yrs of contacts half the Afghan leadership being in Pakistan you do not think the Pakistani intelligence Chief would have any contact with them?" Now do you see how that opens another Pandora!s box because that will give wind to the Western media and NATO narrative of Pak ISI being involved with and guiding the Taliban. Npw if you see how he avoids this bait it will make you realize what the requirements of this job were and why he has been taken on.
A
Well he knows what he is doing which is why he has the job. What I wanted to say was that he lets Becky interrupt a lot. Becky makes the whole thing sound like an interrogation instead of an interview.
There is still apologetic tone from those who are representing Pakistan in front of western audience. Need improvement.

It was such a great opportunity to drill another hole into CNN. What Moeed should have done is to drill her by asking on what basis she is asking this question about Pakistani so called involvement in Afghanistan. Is it based on some concrete facts? what are those facts? If not, is it based some random news and tweets originating from India. If that is the case, CNN should just pack their bags and go home, and stop calling itself a global media house as it failed to do its due diligence and confirm the authenticity of the these blatant lies spread by India. On the question of so called Afghan resistance, you got the head of this resistance, Ahmed Masood, uploading the picture of American downed F16 as Pakistani F16! Is CNN taking such lot seriously? If so, then CNN own agenda is under scanner.
QFA
@araz this is what I actually meant!

Absolutely nailed it. I love it how Moeed handles it. The response should be even more blunt. Frankly the message should be, Pakistan first. Unapologetically. Look them in the eyes and tell them that Pakistan will do whatever necessary. Frankly Moeed said this very nicely.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom