What's new

Modi Visit to Vietnam

Vietnam would have to join MTCR....or India would have to provide such tech under the table.

You asked about the general content of the agreement....not hypothetical speculations by defence fanboys. You can differentiate between the two cant you?

Who knows, in the beginning the your fellows are flooding the posts of ballistic missiles and neclear. Thanks mods make this thread clean. Good luck the Vietnam-India cooperation, 21th century belong to our Asian.:azn:

I saw the progress of trading, because I'm a part of it.
next Monday, I am going to send the quotation to my Indian potential customer.
I notice Indian enterpreneurs paying more attention to Vietnam goods recently.
I would like to see the day when we together trade more then India- China or Veitmam -China.
Just replace this China

I will not go in details as it has already discussed on this thread. All countries in SCS are important to India. Long live india-viet friendship.

After normal TOT of SRBM, suddenly Vietnam announced mastering the tech to build better missile engine, and power the new gen of MRBM by that engine, and ...
It's not any country who violates the rule.

Just like North Korea

what we need is around 200 to 300 students coming to India and India providing special care to these students who will study and will be trained on Nuc**@r tech for Vietnam to develop their own tech..:-)

Indian PM Modi begins visit to VN

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi begins an official two-day visit to Vietnam today at the invitation of Vietnam ’s Prime Minister Nguyen Xuan Phuc.

His visit is the first official visit of an Indian Prime Minister to Vietnam in 15 years.

“The visit will help further strengthen and expand our traditionally close and friendly ties marked by deep trust and mutual understanding,” Parvathaneni Harish, Indian Ambassador to Vietnam , said in a press conference prior to the visit.

During his stay, Modi will hold talks with Vietnamese Prime Minister NguyễnXuânPhúc and visit Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong, President Tran Dai Quang, and National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Ngan.

The Indian Prime Minister will also visit Quan Su Pagoda in Hanoi at the invitation of the Vietnam ’s Buddhist Sangha. Buddism, which came to Vietnam from India about 2,000 years ago, has played an important role in links between the two countries, the Indian Ambassador said.

Vietnam ’s Ambassador to India Ton Sinh Thanh also said Modi’s visit holds significant importance to bilateral ties.

Thanh said Vietnam and India have shared a long-standing relationship from trade and religious exchanges and benefited from the personal relationship between late President Ho Chi Minh and Indian PM Jawaharlan Nehru.

The two nations have supported each other during their respective struggles for national liberation as well as socio-economic development, he said.

He said that the strategic partnership has seen robust development in the past decade, with political trust reinforced by regular visits of senior leaders, including the visits to India by former President Truong Tan Sang in 2011, Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong in 2013 and former Prime Minister Nguyen Tan Dung in 2014, and the visit to Vietnam by Indian President Pranab Mukharjee in 2014.

Bilateral co-operation mechanisms, including the Vietnam – India Joint Commission, the political consultation and strategic dialogue between the two foreign ministries, and defence dialogues, have proved efficient in boosting ties between the two countries, he said.

Thanh expressed his belief in the bright prospects for the Vietnam -India strategic partnership, based on a strong foundation as well as similarities in strategic interests, political trust and high economic potential.

VNS

20160903132856-anh5.jpg

India PM offers Vietnam $500 million credit line for defense cooperation

Reuters/TN News

Saturday, September 03, 2016 15:16 Email Print

modi_WJKE.jpeg
India's Prime Minister Narendra Modi (R) reviews the guard of honour with his Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc during a welcoming ceremony at the Presidential Palace in Hanoi, Vietnam September 3, 2016.

Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi said on Saturday his country would provide a credit line of half a billion dollars to Vietnam for defense cooperation, the latest sign of closer ties between two countries.
The credit offered by Modi, the first Indian prime minister to visit Vietnam in 15 years, was among a dozen cooperation agreements he signed in Hanoi alongside Vietnamese counterpart Nguyen Xuan Phuc.
In an interview before his trip, Modi said his visit is intended to further boost bilateral and multilateral engagement and cooperation in many fields, including trade, investment, science and technology, space research, defense and security.

Vietnam and India have strengthened their defense ties in recent years. India also extended another credit line of $100 million to Vietnam for buying a number of naval vessels.
India is already training the Vietnam Navy personnel in operating the Russian-origin Kilo-class submarine

Back
Top Bottom