What's new

MODI cleared Ishrat Murder

Was it necessary to use her name and that too along with her surname ??Plz maintain some civility.

Her father wanted her name to be known .......which is good enough for me. That girl is dead and I too believe others should take inspiration from her and recognize her courage. That needs a name. Don't be so quick to pass judgement.

Political conspiracy by Congress and CBI ......Modi will overcome such huddles

Yeah right, he can't be continuously being accused for massacres and murders - where there is smoke there must be fire...

Congress promised to give food to the poor - Modi promised to build the controversial temple on the site of the razed Babri Masjid - that means more violence will ensue. Vote for Modi and you vote for violence.

Congress promised to give food to the poor - Modi promised to build the controversial temple on the site of the razed Babri Masjid - that means more violence will ensue. Vote for Modi and you vote for violence.

The ignorance is strong with this one.

That would be difficult in view of the keen competition from some of you.

As I said, you are not doing bad yourself.

Yeah right, he can't be continuously being accused for massacres and murders - where there is smoke there must be fire...

These smoke and fire are created by his political rivals ,few NGO's with vested intrests,two or three disgruntled political officers and some section in main stream media ,But till now no evidence to prove his links in massacres or murders .....

and second he never promised a temple in Ayodhya @Guynextdoor2 twisted the statement of Amit shah and posted it here ...Ayodhya case is now on Supreme court and Temple or Masjid depends on final verdict and not on Political leaderships hand....and third Modi means violence is wrong ,post 2002 riot There is not a single Communal related violence occurred in Gujarat

Last edited by a moderator:

Yep, 11 years since then and we are still looking for fire.Better luck looking for non- existing fire for 50 more years stuck somewhere deep within smokescreen created by Congress.

And violence will only ensue if Court's verdict does't uphold Allahbad bench's verdict or muslims try their luck in getting themselves killed by again triggering riots , something like Godhra.

These smoke and fire are created by his political rivals and some section in main stream media ,But till now no evidence to prove his links in massacres or murders .....

and second he never promised a temple in Ayodhya @Guynextdoor2 twisted the statement of Amit shah and posted it here ...Ayodhya case is now on Supreme court and Temple or Masjid depends on final verdict and not on Political leaderships hand....and third Modi means violence is wrong ,post 2002 riot There is not a single Communal related violence occurred in Gujarat

Yep, 11 years since then and we are still looking for fire.Better luck looking for non- existing fire for 50 more years stuck somewhere deep within smokescreen created by Congress.

Why even bother ? He and his ilk are an absolute non-entity as far as Indian politics is concerned.

And violence will only ensue if Court's verdict does't uphold Allahbad bench's verdict or muslims try their luck in getting themselves killed by again triggering riots , something like Godhra.

Truth will come out when he is removed as CM.

You mentioned the NIA. There is reason, very good reason, to believe that the supposed extract from their report is a forgery. It is difficult to understand your misgivings about them.

Good reason? Maybe. I don't know that to be true but the lack of clarity on this matter is substantial to sow doubts.

The same applies to your unexplained remarks about the Home Ministry. How is it concerned in this matter? Could you spell it out? Neither the rogue action by the IB officer nor the initiation of the CBI in this case had anything to do with them.

Err...the home ministry changed its affidavit. The first affidavit being clear that there was "reliable" evidence that the suspects were terrorists who were out to kill top leaders in Gujarat, altered to be changed to "the information from the Intelligence Bureau was a tip-off, and could not be seen as valid ground for the shootout"

The CBI had no access to IB sources. Nobody has access to IB sources except as the IB shares it with others, particularly with Military, Naval and Air intelligence (the last a very rare occurrence).

My point exactly. How does the CBI then come to the conclusion that the IB officer was passing "false" information about the suspects being terrorists. while that has been walked back from, the chief of the IB had to take that matter up before it was watered down.

Finally, it may dismay you, but it encourages me to believe that the days of arbitrary police action are waning; what was accepted a few years ago is no longer acceptable now.

It wouldn't dismay if that was indeed the case. It does however, when I see one case being picked out of many simply because it happened in a state whose leader is seen as a bugbear to many.

That is on precisely the same plane as the recent agitations in which the middle classes participated so aggressively. If they are sensitized today to corruption, which is ancient and rooted in our society, why are you surprised that they have reacted to this? It is that public sense of outrage across all communities that gives the case a life of its own, not your mysterious behind the scene actions. How did you learn about them, by the way, was it through the application of inductive logic?

There is no wide spread middle class outrage on this issue, just in a segment having a certain political leaning. That is precisely one of the reasons why so much work is being done to suggest that the suspects were not terrorists. The people, contrary to the courts, do consider such a distinction, relevant.

Again, a total misreading and a total failure of comprehension.

It is nobody's case that the IB erred in passing on information to the state police. That is exactly what they are paid to do. The issue arose of criminal culpability when one of the Gujarat Police officers stated during his interrogation that the IB officer, and perhaps several of his subordinates, participated in the events that followed, the abduction, the illegal detention, the murders. Is it your case that this criminal behaviour should also go unchallenged?

That surmise has not been proven in the court of law. Since we are going by the book, we would have to await such a judgement. My point was in the ham handed way that the IB was sought to be involved in what was alleged as a conspiracy to murder innocent people of a particular community to further the image of a person in politics. The allegations were being bandied about without any proof & many arguing the case in the public domain did accuse the IB of complicity. The officer has been defended by the IB chief who have stood by their man. You can disagree but I worry about what such witch hunting might end up doing.

You mentioned speculation in this regard. Can you point to a shred of evidence on the ground?

it is a sobering reflection that even a mature commentator should now conclude that absence of any evidence indicates proof of the event.

And what if all your private speculation and nightmares are not right?

There is as much evidence as would be available in such matters. The Americans are on record on both the incidents with the U.S. quoting the stopping of a planned CWG attack as evidence that their snooping did help. Bruce Reidel is on record as saying that an assassin sent by Dawood Ibrahim was stopped by Indian intelligence agencies. Make of it what you will but I would see no reason to doubt that. Indian officials have also alluded to a planned attack on the CWG being stopped.

A matter for light badinage?

That was in reference to a supposed statement by Subramanium Swamy where it is alleged that Ishrat Jahan agreed to become a suicide bomber for money, which I found extremely odd to say the least. not sure what you read there.

This is from another thread:

My indian friend, @Bang Galore, for instance, even though our political views are gradually getting further and further apart, and even as his underlying sympathies become more and more evident.

Our political views aren't the same, they are not diverging now. You are an idealist & I'm more of a realist. I have strong opinions on some matters where you feel the same & on others where we are on opposite sides. Your suggestion that I have underlying sympathies(presumably suggesting I'm a trojan horse at best:lol:) is quite unnecessary even if that opinion is yours to hold. I have been called every conceivable thing in this forum, as I have said before, I believe that means I'm doing quite well. However for you to join the club of "if your are not with us, you are against us" is disheartening, even if not totally surprising. I will still be marching to my own beat, thank you very much.

Truth will come out when he is removed as CM.

CBI , IB and NIA are not state agencies .Congress has allowed them to hound Modi since last 9 and half years and result is still inconsequential as far as your interests are concerned.

These smoke and fire are created by his political rivals ,few NGO's with vested intrests,two or three disgruntled political officers and some section in main stream media ,But till now no evidence to prove his links in massacres or murders .....

How come there was no such smoke against ABVP? How come haren pandya, the one man who named modi and, as home minister could bring him down, gets mysteriously assasinated? How come a high flying IPS officer puts his whole career on the line and names modi?

A very interesting read:

http://www.tehelka.com/heres-the-smoking-gun-so-how-come-the-sit-is-looking-the-other-way/

http://www.tehelka.com/heres-the-smoking-gun-so-how-come-the-sit-is-looking-the-other-way/

The SIT report has also noted that Justice PB Sawant, a retired Supreme Court judge and Justice Hosbert Suresh, a retired judge of the Bombay High Court, who were members of the Concerned Citizens’ Tribunal that had inquired into the riots have confirmed that former Gujarat minister for state for revenue, Haren Pandya had deposed before them, implicating Modi for his role in the riots.

The two retired judges told the SIT that “Pandya appeared and deposed before the tribunal on 13 May 2002, on condition of anonymity, that he had attended a meeting on 27 February 2002 night at the residence of Modi in which the latter had made it clear that there should be a backlash from the Hindus on the next day and the police should not come in their way.” (Page 18 of the report).

@Marxist

Indians try to pass off Modi as if he's their Imran Khan - he's more like their Altaf Hussain.

Indians try to pass off Modi as if he's their Imran Khan - he's more like their Altaf Hussain.

That would be idiotic if they ever tried.

Modi is a three time CM with impeccable administrative credentials, not a noob playboy.

Back
Top Bottom