Country
Austria
NAME-A-970829-12%20%283%29.jpeg

NAME-A-970829-12%20%286%29.JPG
NAME-A-970829-12%20%283%29.JPG
NAME-A-970829-12%20%287%29.JPG

NAME-A-970829-12%20%281%29.JPG

Was this a copy of the Canadian one?
What are the specification and how does it compare to the original one that they copied from?

Iran Unveils New Military Vehicle
TEHRAN (Tasnim) – Iran’s Defense Ministry unveiled a homegrown armored military vehicle, dubbed Toofan (hurricane).
  • November, 20, 2018 - 14:31

In a ceremony in Tehran on Tuesday, Defense Minister Brigadier General Amir Hatami unveiled the military truck and inaugurated its assembly line.

The armored, mine resistant and ambush protected vehicle has been developed by local experts at the Defense Ministry, designed to carry out logistical and combat missions in the theater.

Toofan will be delivered to the Islamic Revolution Guards Corps (IRGC) Ground Force.

Speaking about features of the military truck, General Hatami said that the tactical personnel carrier has been manufactured given the needs of the Iranian forces for a faster vehicle capable of climbing inclines and traverses with a steep slope.

According to the minister, Toofan is a 4x4 vehicle with protection against land mines and improvised explosive devices (IEDs) with explosion power of several kilograms of TNT equivalent.

The Iranian vehicle is also resistant to steel-core bullets, he added, noting that Toofan is a high mobility multipurpose truck capable of moving in difficult terrain, driving through waters with 1.5 meters depth and climbing barriers as high as 50 centimeters.

The mine resistant ambush protected vehicle can carry up to 10 personnel, the general said, adding that run-flat tires have enabled Toofan to drive out of the kill zone with flat tires within a range of 50 kilometers.

Toofan can be furnished with semi-heavy weapons thanks to tailgate gun shields and turrets, the minister said, adding that it provides ballistic protection for the cabin crew and can drive at speeds of up to 100 km/h.

The minister went on to say that while such a vehicle costs around $500,000 in the international market, the Iranian experts have manufactured Toofan at a much lower price.

Better late than never.

Think of the amount of lives that could have been saved if Iran’s border guards were driving these instead of open air Toyota pick ups.

Sad the disregard for human life that Iran’s military places on its troops vs developed military powers.

Let’s see how many orders actually get placed and make their way to the borders.

Length: 7m
Height: 3m
ground clearance: 70cm
Width:2.5m
Weight (fully loaded): 14tons
crew:2+10
Suspension: 4×4 wheeled
engine: 360hp
speed:100km/h
protection class: STANAG 4569 Level 3 standard:

Kinetic Energy
7.62×51mm AP (WC core) at 30 meters with 930 m/s
Angle: azimuth 360°; elevation 0-30°

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat
8 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
3a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
3b – Mine Explosion under center.

Artillery
155 mm High Explosive at 60 m
Angle: azimuth 360°; elevation: 0 - 30°

source:
گزارش مشرق از یک دستاورد جدید دفاعی
طوفانِ «MRAP» بومی در اوج تحریم‌ها و بدعهدی‌ها/ ایران هم به جمع تولیدکنندگان یک غول میلیون دلاری پیوست

Last edited:
Length: 7m
Height: 3m
ground clearance: 70cm
Width:2.5m
Weight (fully loaded): 14tons
crew:2+10
Suspension: 4×4 wheeled
engine: 360hp
speed:100km/h
protection class: STANAG 4569 Level 3 standard:

Kinetic Energy
7.62×51mm AP (WC core) at 30 meters with 930 m/s
Angle: azimuth 360°; elevation 0-30°

Grenade and Mine Blast Threat
8 kg (explosive mass) Blast AT Mine:
3a – Mine Explosion pressure activated under any wheel or track location.
3b – Mine Explosion under center.

Artillery
155 mm High Explosive at 60 m
Angle: azimuth 360°; elevation: 0 - 30°

source:
گزارش مشرق از یک دستاورد جدید دفاعی
طوفانِ «MRAP» بومی در اوج تحریم‌ها و بدعهدی‌ها/ ایران هم به جمع تولیدکنندگان یک غول میلیون دلاری پیوست
Any photo of inside of it?

نام اچھا ھے طوفان ِ شکل بھی بہت اچھی ھے خاص تور پر MRAP فرنٹ لیکن مجھے لگتا ھے کے ترکی کی
بہتر ھیں

My perfectionist side cringes at the air bubbles on the flooring. Nonetheless, I love all the different aspects of it. We need to export these bad boys!

My perfectionist side cringes at the air bubbles on the flooring. Nonetheless, I love all the different aspects of it. We need to export these bad boys!
That's probably a protection liner that will be removed when handed over

Back
Top Bottom