What's new

MMRCA Rafale And Cancellation Threats

Last edited by a moderator:
indians are asking too much. engine crystal blade technology is a result of long time hard work research, many trials and errors and billion of dollars. it's the crown jewel in aerospace industry. noboy gonna give you that. this is money can't buy tech. it's worth more than your $20 bn..
the reason india is looking for new partners to help develop the kaverie engine is also because the french reluctant to transfer technology of the hot section. they need to stop asking for that. the best you can get from them or anyone related to engine are how to make low pressure turbine blades, nuts and bolts.. lol

India already has the Single Crystal based Turbine Blade Technology, why would we want to buy a technology we already have?

I have been following news events and looking for STRONG VIBES that this deal would and SHOULD HAVE been nearing its conclusion.

But ALL THE VIBES coming out of India MOD and Dassult are of stalemate.

WHAT WE ALL THOUGHT WHERE A 100% CAST IRON garanttee for winning this bid ie AESA TOT, engine technology crystal blade, and sharing weapons technology have stumbling blocks.

THE FRENCH do not want HAL to play a significant part BUT instead DICTATE terms with indian private players.

IN THE MEAN TIME IAF falling nos GOES ON. to barely 31 squdrons as we speak

MMRCA was first floated as a NEED in 2001.

by 2008 IT became URGENT as the MIGS started fall out of the skies.

THIS IS BECOMING A CIRCUS NOW with more delays expected to push decision the 2nd half of 2013

I want to ask all Indians should we scrap the MMRCA and look for a interim CHEAP SOLUTION.

The PAF did this very successfully with mirages 3 & 5 IN THE 1970s

surely IAF can do with mirage2000

STICK TO SU30MKI

AND GET lca moving FAST

Too presumptuous comment................... Just Wait Sunny Jim. Mirage Lobby is VERY strong in IAF & RAFALE is the Sucessor.

Gripen, EFT and SH people will be on first plane to Delhi when this deal fails. France has this habit of trying to screw the customer. We have seen this in past.
If this deal falls flat, France will find it near to impossible to sell anything substantial to India. Nuclear plants at Jaitapur is alredy being opposed by some quarters. They better play it smart or, kiss goodbye to Indian market.
Forget about taking the flight to delhi...i won't be surprised if EFT people are already sitting in Delhi and waiting for France to screw another mega billion dollar deal......

India already has the Single Crystal based Turbine Blade Technology, why would we want to buy a technology we already have?

Do we have any engine prototype which uses single crystal turbine blade?

Do we have any engine prototype which uses single crystal turbine blade?

I think the latest prototypes of Kaveri might be using it, but India is still in search for the fabrication technologies required for its bulk production, MIDHANI is entrusted with this responsibility.

I think the GOI & THE IAF should re open nengotiations with EADS and the EURO FIGHTER..

If i remember correctly the EADS deal included making INDIA THE 5TH partner of the group and full TOT.

The TRANCHE 3 typhoon is superior in AIR SUPREMACY to Rafale by virtue of greater POWER TWR but does not have the same strike package...

Regardless if IAF defo wants a MMRCA and it appears it does WE CANT WAIT FOR DASSULT and theuir backtracking

BRING BOTH F18 SUPER HORNET DEALS & TYPHOON DEALS back into the open. LETS SQEEZE the frenchies..

IF THET LOSE THE IAF DEAL potentially 189 planes rather than 126 it will be a disaster for the FRENCH GOVT not just DASSULT

I think the GOI & THE IAF should re open nengotiations with EADS and the EURO FIGHTER..

If i remember correctly the EADS deal included making INDIA THE 5TH partner of the group and full TOT.

The TRANCHE 3 typhoon is superior in AIR SUPREMACY to Rafale by virtue of greater POWER TWR but does not have the same strike package...

Regardless if IAF defo wants a MMRCA and it appears it does WE CANT WAIT FOR DASSULT and theuir backtracking

BRING BOTH F18 SUPER HORNET DEALS & TYPHOON DEALS back into the open. LETS SQEEZE the frenchies..

IF THET LOSE THE IAF DEAL potentially 189 planes rather than 126 it will be a disaster for the FRENCH GOVT not just DASSULT

1. This is not possible. We would have to restart the whole process from the beginning. Furthermore we cant just say "**** off" to the French.
2. No person with a brain in his head and not a us poodle wants such a great percentage of his combat air craft to be of American origin.

KOOVIE

THIS STALEMATE BETWEEN DASSULT AND HAL could last further 12 months.

and the mmrca could be cancelled by the treasurey/mod

1. This is not possible. We would have to restart the whole process from the beginning. Furthermore we cant just say "**** off" to the French.

Éxactly and there is not even a need for it, except in Storm Forces world. :rolleyes:
We have shortlisted the French offer for good reasons and these includes capability of the fighter and ToT offers. What we now see is just the final price and ToT negotiations, nothing else. Both sides wants to get the best possible deal and we have to find the middle now.

KOOVIE

THIS STALEMATE BETWEEN DASSULT AND HAL could last further 12 months.

and the mmrca could be cancelled by the treasurey/mod

Not really. In case of a failure with Dassault, EADS automatically becomes the partner. This is as part of the tender process.

While the concept of being a fifth partner is very nice, remember this is Europe. EU has a history of following US led sanctions. The French don't do the same. Tomorrow in case of a war, there are issues which can crop up, if Germany enforces its law of not providing equipment to warring nations. France expediates equipment to India during war. So from a supplier perspective its easier to deal with a single proven supplier. Also, remember, if the Rafale is sold to India in the numbers required, that brings down the cost dramatically across the board for the fighter, improving its chances in other competitions. So Dassault needs this deal.

I agree with most of this but I'd say France and India were on different economic trajectories . Already it is being said Q3 2012 was the "low-point" or "rock-bottom" and that the economy is only going to go up from here, 2013 is likely to see 6-7% growth with 2014 seeing a return to 7-8%+.

STFU, utter hogwash. When India's defence budget is <3% but poverty alleviation projects are far in excess of this how can you spout your BS?

You will spin any news so that India looks bad-pathetic.

How much does India spend on education and healthcare?

I'd say both are LESS THAN 1% of the country's GDP.

If this is not pathetic, what is?

If money had to be saved, Apache should have been cancelled. I agree with Sancho. It is an expensive luxury, not a necessity considering that literally over hundred domestic attack choppers are being ordered.

You got it completely wrong.

Buying from America is more a tribute than a necessity.

Indians are short of money and the French are reluctant to forsake their technology for peanut.

Hence this deal is going nowhere and is about to be annulled.

Indians are short of money and the French are reluctant to forsake their technology for peanut.

Hence this deal is going nowhere and is about to be annulled.

I'd love to see your face when your BS is proven wrong come the last week of March 2013 :frown:!!

Back
Top Bottom