What's new

MMRCA Rafale And Cancellation Threats

My only wish is "in this negotiation process, India should not be on the losing side". If need be GoI should cancel the deal rather compromising. I have a very big heart in favour of Su 35. I think it will outperform Rafale in all technological aspect. And also a big nose for Ibris E AESA radar will only tilt the balance towards Su 35.

How much does India spend on education and healthcare?

I'd say both are LESS THAN 1% of the country's GDP.

If this is not pathetic, what is?

You got it completely wrong.

Buying from America is more a tribute than a necessity.

Do you even have a single source for this?

And if you are referring to the Central budget in which education or health care dont have a big percentage like defense, know that health care and education are primarily matters of each state, while defense is merely a central matter!
Just take a look at the different literacy rates or HDI values of the different states from african up to western european standards. Such results are the result of different independent budgets and policies of each state.

But nevertheless, the central government has one of the largest anti poverty programs in the world.

How much does India spend on education and healthcare?

I'd say both are LESS THAN 1% of the country's GDP.

Sorry, this forum is about proof & providing source of what u say, it's not what u "think" is the case.

Unlike defence, education is both a state & central subject in the Indian constitution wherein GOI pays for the centrally funded institutes/schools & state govt. do it for state institutes/schools + we have private players also. Adding all these funding, India spend around 4.1 % of GDP which is nearly double of the spending on defence (approx. 2%) which in itself is much below the global average of 3%:

Education spending (% of GDP) statistics - countries compared - Nationmaster

As for Healthcare it is 1.4% of GDP currently & set to increase 2.5% of GDP in five years time:

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/healthcare-spend-to-rise-to-2.5--of-gdp/918380

EDIT: the healthcare data which i provided was only for govt. spending not taken into account that 2/3rd of healthcare sector in India is Privately funded. Considering that total GDP spending is more than 4 %:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/news/datablog/2012/jun/30/healthcare-spending-world-country

(thanks @satishkumarcsc)

So, currently, India spends more than 8% of GDP on Education & Healthcare.

:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
My only wish is "in this negotiation process, India should not be on the losing side". If need be GoI should cancel the deal rather compromising. I have a very big heart in favour of Su 35. I think it will outperform Rafale in all technological aspect. And also a big nose for Ibris E AESA radar will only tilt the balance towards Su 35.

The only problem is that Russia had mastered the art of screwing India.

That is because they offer us weapons that they are designing and not something that is off the production line like how the US is offering us. Once you understand that you will know what the Russians are doing is forgivable.

I have a very big heart in favour of Su 35. I think it will outperform Rafale in all technological aspect. And also a big nose for Ibris E AESA radar will only tilt the balance towards Su 35.

You might want to get some infos about the Su 35 first, then you would understand that it uses a PESA radar not an AESA like the Super 30 or the Rafale in MMRCA does. Nor will it have such a low RCS, since it's an old design with some upgrades to reduce it later, while Rafale was developed with a very low RCS in mind, the avionics and weapon package of the Rafale is far superior as well, both have SC capabilities and are super maneuverable fighters (Rafale with it's canard design, the Su with TVC).
So technologically, there is nothing to gain from the Su 35 to the Rafale, not even compared to the MKI, since most of the Su 35 capabilities are further developments based on the MKI. The coming MKI upgrade on the other side will make it even better than the Su 35 in some fields.

In addition, we already have best of Russian fighter aircraft in terms of MKI. If we have Rafale then we will have best of western tech also. Induction of Rafale will inhance operative / technical capabilities of IAF manifolds.

You are referring to the Vikramaditya saga, right?

If thats the case, be aware that Indians were also responsible for the delays.

That is because they offer us weapons that they are designing and not something that is off the production line like how the US is offering us. Once you understand that you will know what the Russians are doing is forgivable.

I believe that India should restructure the deal and only buy the planes off the shelf(or in knocked down kits). Forget about TOT. What's the use if India is not able to absorb the technology. India should focus more on basic research. Build up a cadre of Indian engineer that will benefit India in the future. Otherwise, India will be back to TOT deals in 20-30 years.

I believe that India should restructure the deal and only buy the planes off the shelf(or in knocked down kits). Forget about TOT. What's the use if India is not able to absorb the technology. India should focus more on basic research. Build up a cadre of Indian engineer that will benefit India in the future.

Any source India is unable to absorb ToT?

Why am I thinking that there could be something big at Aero India 2013 ........... it is just a feeling that I am getting ................ nothing concrete to back it up ............ it is just my hunch !!!

India working on contract details as Rafale deal inches closer

India is ironing out contract details on a purchase of French Rafale fighter jets that has been under negotiation over the past year, Foreign Minister Salman Khurshid said during a visit to Paris on Thursday, suggesting that a deal could be close.

India chose Dassault Aviation’s (AVMD.PA) Rafale for a possible 126-plane order in January 2012 ahead of the competing Eurofighter Typhoon (EAD.PA) (SIFI.MI) (BAES.L) and started exclusive talks, lifting hopes in France of a sale that would restore the lustre of its aviation industry.
Khurshid – on his first visit to France where he will meet President Francois Hollande on Friday – said progress was being made on the deal, worth around $15 billion, but did not say when it could be signed nor what it would entail.

“We know a good French wine takes time to mature and so do good contracts,” he told reporters. “Contract details are being worked out. A decision has already been taken.”

French Foreign Minister Laurent Fabius also said the talks “were advancing well.”

Asked about the status of the deal, a Dassault spokesman said the company remained positive.

“Relations between India and Dassault are solid and long-standing, we’re confident,” the spokesman said.

In December, Dassault Chief Executive Charles Edelstenne said he was “relatively optimistic” the deal would soon wrap up despite tough negotiations.

Hollande will visit the United Arab Emirates next week, and is also courting Brazil, as Paris strives to ink a first sale of Rafales, billed as some of the most effective fighter jets in the world but also among the most expensive.

Former President Nicolas Sarkozy took personal charge of trying to market Rafales abroad in 2007 after the embarrassing failure of a bid to sell $2 billion of the jets to Morocco.

India already owns more than 50 French Mirage jets as it seeks to upgrade its largely Soviet-era air force and navy.

http://idrw.org/?p=17396

My biggest concern with MMRCA is the threat that the FGFA project which is even bigger than MMRCA will get merged into the SAME TIMEFRAME

Trying to absorb the technology of the highly advanced MMRCA and the fifth gen FGFA as the same time will be NITEMARE.

the cost will be unbearable.

WE NEED MMRCA DONE DUSTED AND DELIVERED BY 2022...

We need a CLEAR RUN FROM 2022 TO CONCENTRATE 100% soley on the FGFA for 20 years.

to do this i advocate buying 66 RAFALE OUTRIGHT from Dassult between 2015-2018 and licence building 80 more in india between 2016-2022 .. this is the way the IAF have acquired 160+ SU30MKI inside one decade

Back
Top Bottom