What's new

MMRCA Fighter deal bigger: 126 will rise to 260

I have no idea about who will win , but what i can say is that there will be 2 winners for such huge contract. primary winner will get more aircraft and second will get little less . The matter of fact is that everyone knows that this contract will be not only be decided by AIR Force but politically and having two winners will increase India's political clout around the world .

If this number is true, then i definitely see two vendors not one. In which case one of them will be American for sure.

it's all good to have more advanced fighters in IAF portfolio. 126 to 260 is quite a enthusiastic jump. but i'm still waiting for the day when IAF finally announces who gets to deliver those 126 fighters?? maybe then we all can start dreaming about the rest 134 af's. i know it sounds negetive.. but i'm fed up with all this delay. it was suppose to be last year, then march 2011.. now we get hear that it's going to be announced by march 2012. looks like our netas & babus haven't quite worked out the sharing of spoils!!

I dnt think they will choose two different fighters if this news is true..

okey guys this report can give an acceptable argument about the increase

India is likely to increase its purchase of combat aircraft and may further augment its most prestigious tender of the 126 medium multi-role combat aircraft (MMRCA) for a staggering $11 billion. The winner of this lucrative tender is expected to receive additional orders since Indian negotiations with the French aircraft manufacturer Dassault Aviation for the upgradation of Mirage-2000 fighters are tottering.

As per the Indian Air Force (IAF) officials, Dassault has declined to reduce its quote of $2.1 billion for extending the service life of the IAF’s 51 Mirage-2000 aircraft by fitting new radars and avionics. The Indian Defence Ministry as well as IAF feels that the price is exorbitant. The cost per aircraft works out to be over $40 million and the upgradation will not involve the changing of airframes and engines.

The Indian Defence Ministry and the IAF feel that although Dasault has been high on the books of India, the recent years have seen the relations deteriorate over the lack of maintenance and supplies for the Mirage fleet and a reasonable quote for its upgradation. Dassault is currently trying to resolve the situation.

On the other hand, under the MMRCA deal, each aircraft will cost India about $87 million which is inclusive of the cost of technology transfers as well as capital costs for setting up a manufacturing unit in India. Hence, additional MMRCA’s will cost significantly less than the original price.

The Indian Defence Ministry is of the opinion that the Mirage-2000 fleet can serve the IAF as of now. Once six squadrons (126 aircraft) of MMRCAs have entered IAF service, an additional two squadrons of MMRCAs would be built to replace the 51 Mirage-2000 fighters indicating in a 40 per cent hike in MMRCA’s numbers.

Dassault Aviation realizes that the current refusal from India will apparently affect Dassault’s role in the race for MMRCA for which it is fielding its Rafale fighter aircraft.The other contenders for the MMRCA will stand to gain further orders from India if India does not opt for the upgradation of the Mirage-2000 fleet from Dasault.

^^^ source please for the Mirage upgrade failure

sir isn't iy quite obvious that when a country can get a deal worth of 10 bn dollar why would they be intrested in upgrading there old aircrafts which may decline its winning chances

sir isn't iy quite obvious that when a country can get a deal worth of 10 bn dollar why would they be intrested in upgrading there old aircrafts which may decline its winning chances

So the above post is your own opinion??

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom