What's new

Mistreatment of women in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, you scare me, you finally revealed your true colour, sorry i am

not your type.

Now stop trolling and get back to the topic=Indians raping female

tourists, is it still safe for female tourists to travel in India.
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Chinese man accused of raping 91-yr-old woman

A Chinese man has been arrested and charged with raping a 91-year-old woman in Huizhou, Guangdong province.

Wen, 44, a security guard at a private firm, allegedly barged into the old woman’s house at 2 am and raped her, reports the China Daily.

In his confession, Wen told the police that he was drunk and wanted to visit a prostitute, but entered the wrong house due to his drunken state.

Nearby residents confirmed there were a number of prostitutes staying around the house of the old woman, who had to be rushed to the hospital after the incident.

The police said if the rape charge on Wen could not be proven, he would certainly be convicted for causing injury.

Clear this first:

China Police chief's rape probe

DISCIPLINARY officials in a northwest China city are investigating allegations by three policemen that the city's new police chief raped an underage girl.

A special group has been set up to investigate 11 accusations against vice director Wang Guangbing of Hanzhong city's Public Security Bureau in Shaanxi Province, yesterday's Beijing Times reported, citing disciplinary official Deng Xiaohu. Deng promised a fair investigation and that results would be publicized.

The case aroused public controversy after the three officers posted the accusations online last Friday using their real names and ranks as well as personal information of others involved to show their confidence in the truth of the matter.

The accusations concerned the period between November 2003 and August 2009, before Wang was promoted from director of Hanzhong police's Hantai branch.

One of the officers is Liu Jiquan, disciplinary supervising leader of the Hantai police.

He said he started lodging the complaints last August and later joined the other two who were also collecting evidence against Wang.

Wang told the Wuhan-based Chutian Metropolis Daily that he had been wronged and was angry the three officers had put the complaints online and violated the privacy of the underage girl involved in the alleged rape.

Read more: Police chief's rape probe -- Shanghai Daily | ???? -- English Window to China New

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some indian told me there is a index called rape rate per capital and I am suprised japanese rape rate per capital is higher than india, but I have not found china in that list which ranked the top 65 highest rape rate per capital country.

And here is LINK.
Rapes (per capita) by country. Definition, graph and map.

Bikinis Blamed for Rise in Rape in Goa, India

The bikinis made them do it.

That's the defense Goa, India's state ministry of tourism responded with after a series of sexual assaults against tourists vacationing in the area, topping off most recently with the alleged rape of a 9-year-old Russian girl last week.

"You can't blame the locals; they have never seen such women. Foreign tourists must maintain a certain degree of modesty in their clothing. Walking on the beaches half-naked (how else are you suppose to walk on the beach? Fully clothed?) is bound to titillate the senses," said Pamela Mascarhenas, Goa's deputy director of tourism.

Let me get this straight. Women (in some cases young girls) wearing bikinis in a tourist destination known for its renowned beaches are to blame for the rapes and sexual assaults on the rise in Goa, not the perpetrators – the "locals" – themselves who are committing the attacks. So women wearing bikinis at the beach are just asking to be raped?

This is victim-blaming – in this case bikini-blaming – at its worst. Not all together surprising in a highly patriarchal country that continues to devalue women, but nonetheless shameful.

"In India they still morally land the responsibility on the victim if the victim is a woman, because of cultural conditioning," said 35-year-old Anurashi Shetty, a resident of Donapaula Goa. "[The impression is not always that] she must have done something to provoke it. It's a national mindset."

Making excuses for the men who commit rapes and blaming women for the violence committed against them is infuriating and moreover does absolutely nothing to address the problem of sexual assaults in the first place. Placing blame isn't going to protect women vacationing in Goa or future beach-goers. Either is banning bikinis for that matter.

The notion too that "locals" cannot control themselves in the presence of women or young girls in bikinis is ridiculous, not to mention untrue. Seeing women and girls in bikinis may "titillate the senses" of some locals, but that does not give men the knee-jerk response to rape and it should not be used as an excuse for those who rape.

In the case of the most recent young Russian girl who was raped, her attacker had a calculated and planned attack, using an accomplice to distract her mother so he could lure her away and rape her behind a nearby rock. He did not spring into action at the sight of her in a bikini – he waited for the opportune moment, a moment that presented itself as a result of his planning.

Let's face it. Bikinis aren't going anywhere in Goa's beach town, either are the tourists who visit every year for its renowned beaches.

What we do need to say bon voyage to is the victim-blaming mentality that leaves rapists absolved from punishment and with the freedom to rape again – that goes for Goa and the rest of the world?

Chinese legal system invents Temporary Rape:

October 29, 2009 China News reported two police associates, being part of the law enforcement knowingly violated the law. They raped a woman while she was drunk and passed out in a hotel. Eventually they could not escape from the moral and legal punishment. Today Zhejiang Huzou Nanxun court came to a first instance verdict. Two defendants were sentenced to three years in prison.

Evening of June 10, 2009, two police associates, Qiu (邱) and Cai (蔡) brought Chen (陈) and Shen (沈) who just finished with their college entrance exam to dinner. During dinner, four of them drank a lot of alcohol. Chen had low tolerance, after dinner she was already passed out. In order to let her sober up, Cai drove his car and took everyone to a hotel. In the hotel room, two police associates took advantage of Chen being drunk and unconscious, unable to resist, forced sexual intercourse with her one after another. When Chen regained her consciousness, she found herself lying in bed in a hotel room, her lower body naked.

Nanxun court considered the crime facts, taking into accounts that the two temporarily committed crime, with no prior planning, also turned themselves in willingly afterwards, and was forgiven by the victim, therefore giving lighter sentences of three years in prison. The two defendants being part of the law enforcement knowingly violated the law, but eventually ate their own bitter fruit.

Temporary Rape, the birth of a new vocabulary | ChinaHush

What possible excuses could Indians made up ?

Blaming female tourist for wearing "Bikini" =cause of being rape ?

Are you kidding me ? "Incredible India" in full display.
:smitten::pakistan::china:

Don't deny that fact that Indians raping female tourists happened a lot

of times, even your presidential guard get caught raping;

http://www.expressindia.com/latest-...ted-of-rape/503155/:smitten::pakistan::china:

We are not in denial at all, we are not saying rapes do not happen in India. The fact is they do happen in India a lot, we hear news of rape everyday. This is different from what you are saying India is not safe for foreign tourist.

I know there are thousands of female travelers that travel for business, hardly heard anyone getting raped.

On the other hand their are tourist flocking in Goa, these tourist are there for fun, dope and drugs. They stay away late night and for drugs go anywhere. They do not follow the security rules and at times get raped, it bad thing should not happen but that is the way India is dude.

Your post will not change India, I am not seeing this changing in near future also, but does that make India unsafe? I do not think so unless, you want to party out late night, go out with people you do not know and does not follow safety guidelines.

I know this post of mine is going to have no impact on you, IMO either you are on a mission to defame India or making 50 cents per post.

I have never seen you actually discussing anything, nobody understand a country then the local and if someone continues to frame opinion about a country just from newspaper report and ignore everything that locals say, IMO he is a nutcase idiot.

When I started posting here, I did not had good image of Pakistan, but I tried to learn and learned that my opinion was based on newspaper reports which were highly biased, I learned about Pakistan from friends here and I think differently. If I continue to just read newspaper can I understand it? The answer is no.

Anyone who is serious about understanding other country will understand what I am saying, I said this before to you, but nothing happened, which makes me believe you are here for something else, maybe 50 cents per post.

I advice Indian's contact the mod, and lock/delete this thread.

Do you mean we cannot post anything thats negative about India ?

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread, "Stay out of it" !

I request all indian members to stop responding to him .Let him and his brothers have a gala time here.There is no point in discussing with a person who dosent want to.

I request all indian members to stop responding to him .Let him and his brothers have a gala time here.There is no point in discussing with a person who dosent want to.

We are helping this poor Greyboy go to sleep.:alcoholic:...he must be busy sitting in front of his computer screen.:agree:...fanticising and jumping in extacy...:smokin:. he must be frustrated like his brothers..so he must be trying to do some...:chilli:..you know what...and may be this session ...of me and me gives him some kick..:whistle:....wait for some time he will soon go to sleep.......after a nice ...you know what..:drag:.

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Swift verdict in India rape case

A court in the northern Indian city of Chandigarh has sentenced five people to life imprisonment for the rape of a female German tourist last year.

The victim was in India in September to attend a wedding.

She was in the car park of Chandigarh's Taj Hotel when she was picked up by a group of men.

According to the prosecution, forensic evidence proved the case conclusively. It took just eight days to try, convict and sentence all five men.

Critics of the proceedings say that such fast dispensation of justice is unusual in a country where trials sometimes take months or even years to start.

The BBC's Sunil Raman in Delhi says that the speed with which the case was completed is likely to be a matter of debate in India, because the Chandigarh court does not "fast track" cases.

The accused were found guilty of kidnapping the woman from outside the hotel and taking her to a farmhouse where she was gang raped.

The victim was especially flown to India from Germany to give evidence in the case and spoke to the court through interpreters.

Our correspondent says that thousands of crime victims in India have to wait for years for justice to be administered because of the backlog of cases in the criminal courts.

Goa may become rape capital of India, fears tourism minister

Panaji, Dec 11 (IANS) Worried by the increasing number of rapes and assaults on tourists in Goa, especially foreigners, state Tourism Minister Mickky Pacheco has said that Goa may soon “gain reputation as the rape capital of India”. In his letter to state Chief Minister Digambar Kamat Thursday, Pacheco has said that “an impression is gaining ground that the police in Goa is either grossly incompetent or is influenced by other factors as a result of which complaints are not properly investigated”.

“There is a fear that foreign embassies may issue an advisory to their nationals to avoid Goa as a holiday destination in view of the pathetic performance of the Goa police,” Pacheco stated.

The written note to Kamat comes against the backdrop of a 25-year-old Russian woman’s rape, allegedly by local politician John Fernandes. The Russian said that the police initially pressurized her against filing the rape complaint. Ever since the complaint was filed, the police have not even summoned the accused even once for questioning, nor have they arrested him.

Accentuating the charges made against the Goa police by the victim, the letter urges the chief minister to personally revamp the police force and to ensure that the “deplorable image of the police in the eyes of foreign tourists is not allowed to affect tourist arrivals”.

“There is a very strong feeling in local circles, including among lawyers, that the police machinery is directly involved in what is called match-fixing in criminal matters and particularly in bail matters,” the tourism minister said in his letter.

Pacheco stressed that the Russian rape case “has come at the beginning of the tourist season and may once again impact the arrival of tourists, which in any case are less than expected due to economic uncertainties in foreign countries”.

Do you mean we cannot post anything thats negative about India ?

If you have nothing to contribute to this thread, "Stay out of it" !

Why not, but till date you have posted only negative things only.

Do you behave like this at home also, or only on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom