What's new

Mistreatment of women in India

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK GUYS TIMEOUT.

World Women day is approaching and will be observed on March 8th.

Lets gives respect to your women and vow to condemn mistreatment of women in your respective countries. As women are mistreated almost in every country around the world.

Hope all of you respect your women so please be realistic and do condemn such acts in your respective countries instead of defending these acts against women.

I condemn such in my country.

they can't vote in india either, but the cows of china at least can eat whereas the humans in india can't.

You were only proving that chinese cow are more superier to Indians.

Since Indians have right to vote, I thought Chinese cow must also be having this right.

OK GUYS TIMEOUT.

World Women day is approaching and will be observed on March 8th.

Lets gives respect to your women and vow to condemn mistreatment of women in your respective countries. As women are mistreated almost in every country around the world.

Hope all of you respect your women so please be realistic and do condemn such acts in your respective countries instead of defending these acts against women.

I condemn such in my country.

agreed.

indian women should be treated better than chinese cows! give them the right to eat!

BBC NEWS | South Asia | Village 'witches' beaten in India

Five women were paraded naked, beaten and forced to eat human excrement by villagers after being branded as witches in India's Jharkhand state.

Local police said the victims were Muslim widows who had been labelled as witches by a local cleric.

The incident occurred on Sunday in a remote village in Deoghar district.

Correspondents say the abuse of women who are branded as witches is common, but rare footage of the incident has caused outrage across India.

Police went to Pattharghatia village after being informed about the incident by a group of villagers.

'Possessed'

They have lodged a case against 11 villagers, including six women. Four people have been arrested in connection with the incident.

The victims were taken to a playground where hundreds had assembled to watch

Murari Lal Meena
Deputy police inspector general
Armed police have since been deployed to the area.

"On Sunday morning the victims were taken to a playground where hundreds had assembled to watch the ghastly incident," deputy inspector general of police Murari Lal Meena told the BBC.

"No one in the mob came forward to rescue the victims as they were being stripped and beaten up," he said.

The victims are now under police protection.

Police say that people in Pattharghatia believe that certain women in their village are possessed by a "holy spirit" that can identify those who practise witchcraft.

"These women recently identified five women from the same village as being witches who practised witchcraft and brought miseries to the area," a police official said.

Soon, an unruly mob broke into their huts, dragged them out and started beating them up.

Footage of the incident has been aired on television channels in India prompting outrage.

Hundreds of people, mostly women, have been killed in India because their neighbours thought they were witches.

Experts say superstitious beliefs are behind some of these attacks, but there are occasions when people - especially widows - are targeted for their land and property.

agreed.

indian women should be treated better than chinese cows! give them the right to eat!

Dear your comment is uncalled for.

I believe women mistreatment is found everywhere even in advanced countries.

Just look at the west the poor women have to work as well as take care of their homes.

The discrimination in payment to women workers is another area where most of the countries failed to practice equality.

Any poor and powerless woman is witch material in India

Trial by fire

Year after year, we hear about someone somewhere in India being hounded, beaten, tortured or killed — because she’s been accused of being a witch. Naming, hounding and punishing witches involve acts ranging from the humiliating to the brutal. The alleged witch may be stripped and paraded naked in public. She may be tonsured. Her face may be blackened. She may be forced to eat ****. She may be beaten. She may be slashed with knives or other sharp instruments. She may be burnt. Or she may be buried alive.

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Opinion | Khemi and her kind

@Jana

I agree with u.

But see what chinese are posting they don't care about ur appeal as a lady or any lady just they want to troll and earn 50 cent.

Is there anything called moderation on this forum? Or is all this the acceptable way of posting?

@Jana

I agree with u.

But see what chinese are posting they don't care about ur appeal as a lady or any lady just they want to troll and earn 50 cent.

Justin calm down and counter with a cool head thats the best strategy.

Its a reality that we have women rights violations in India, Pakistan, China and so on. No country is sans such mistreatment.

When i first joined the cyber world i used to lose my head then i learnt how to argue and remain cool at the same time.

Personal attacks make it a bitter world and mars the discussion.

Why dont you post the measures for women protection taken by your government and social organisations i am sure that there are plenty and it can be the good reply.

:tup:

Is there anything called moderation on this forum? Or is all this the acceptable way of posting?

Ok if you are Chinese or Pakistani.

If Indian, you may be banned for this comment also..

Women and Class in India: A Tourist's Observations | BlogHer

Last week, I went to India for a week with a group of teachers from the suburbs of Chicago, their friends (including me), and family. I have traveled a little bit over the last few years, mostly to Europe but also the Caribbean, but no place I have ever been to came close to the intensity and confusion I experienced in India. As Americans, raised on the principles of equality and class-free society – even as imperfectly executed as it is, of which I have been a harsh critic for years – we struggled to comprehend the world that we experienced.

I travel blogged my observations about women and class issues in general in India while I was there. (Please keep in mind that I am fully aware that I do not understand all the nuances of life there, and this is something that I would like to know more about. If I make ignorant observations, it is only because it is what my limited brain could interpret at the time. Hence, I want people who have a better cultural relevancy to explain things to me, and that is what I hope to achieve through blogging my ideas.)

As for random observations, I realized that outside of Delhi, I was seen very few women. Sure, a few are walking down the street and we've driven by some women working in fields, but not one shop in Agra had a female employee. (There were some female reception staff at the hotel, though.) It is very surreal. Also, I learned that poor people use cow manure for fuel. The children follow the cow around and collect the ****, and the women then knead it and form patties out of it. Men do not do such work.

Speaking of Indian women, my book also says that while immense strides have been made in the middle and upper classes regarding women's rights, I am not sure to make of what I have observed. Women never drive alone. They are always sitting behind a man on the scooters. The men wear helmets, but not the women. (Some of the male scooter passengers don't wear helmets either, but the women never do.) I have seen many men carrying their kids, so women seem to not be solely involved in caring for the younguns in family outings. Also, many of the girls seem to be as well-cared for as they boys and even are allowed to run around a bit. Like many cultures, though, women and girls are the ones primarily wearing traditional clothes while nearly all the men I see are in western-style clothing. Men pee in the street constantly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom