What's new

Miss Pakistan World pageant

Status
Not open for further replies.
lolzz nahi yara what Musharraf has to do with this. its been arranged in Toronto not Pakistan

Some people are totally confused and have brain fog when posting on this website. The discussion is here about Beauty Pageant during Ramadan and devastating floods. People are bringing up New York masjid, Haj, Musharraf, etc. Some posters should need to consult about their cognitive problems with a qualified physician.

The discussion is here about Beauty Pageant during Ramadan and devastating floods

American says that Islamic center must not be built aroung what they call ground zero, it offends their sensibility - it's offensive they argue.

But the quoted piece, it seems to me, is saying the same thing - the non-muslim American says build your masjid and Islamic center elsewhere and some say do your pageant at some other time -- in both cases, it is not principle, but sentiment masked.

Jana disagrees with the concept of the pageant - enough said, but if we agree with the point Nahraf raises won't we also be in a positon where we have to concede that "sentiment": must play a bigger role than reason and even the law?

American says that Islamic center must not be built aroung what they call ground zero, it offends their sensibility - it's offensive they argue.

But the quoted piece, it seems to me, is saying the same thing - the non-muslim American says build your masjid and Islamic center elsewhere and some say do your pageant at some other time -- in both cases, it is not principle, but sentiment masked.

Jana disagrees with the concept of the pageant - enough said, but if we agree with the point Nahraf raises won't we also be in a positon where we have to concede that "sentiment": must play a bigger role than reason and even the law?

I have no issue with their timing neither i expect any respect from them for ramadan for they are already defying many things if we argue on the basis of religion :) So i did not argue bringing religion in it.

2. I have only two objections

A: This idea of beauty pageants to prove beauty of Women is altogether moronic and an Insult to women themselves. if we consider this yardstick placed by men to give verdict on women beauty then all those who are not contesting fall under category of ugliness right ?(thats my opinion you can differ)

B. My main objection to these ladies is use of Pakistani name and flag and their claim to represent entire Pakistani women community which is NOT the case

Plz before uttering the nonsense, do read the reports carefully.

The event takes place in Toronto each year and not in Pakistan, nor is this an official event representing Pakistan.

The event is organized by private individuals for their own fun, there is nothing to represent Pakistan.

Even the participants seems to be from abroad, non from Pakistan.

But do agree with your first statement for the reason of Allah's wrath on us Muslims.

In such case, I apologize. I was ferocious due to tittle the thread and thought it held in Pakistan. I didn't find the taste to read the article. This tittle should be change to include Canada somewhere to avoid further confusion. :tup:

B. My main objection to these ladies is use of Pakistani name and flag and their claim to represent entire Pakistani women community which is NOT the case

I don't think they represent Pakistani women in any case, Pakistani women have literally no 'hesiat' in this set up, Just as Mukhtara Mai don't represent Pakistani women but nothing wrong if they are projecting a soft image this doomed nation...

American says that Islamic center must not be built aroung what they call ground zero

Please stick to the current subject of this thread. Stop repeating the same words and sentences over and over again. That might be considered a mental disorder by some.

My main objection to these ladies is use of Pakistani name and flag and their claim to represent entire Pakistani women community which is NOT the case

They have as much right to the flag as you or I do.

i expect any respect from them for ramadan for they are already defying many things if we argue on the basis of religion

You hanging out with Mullah diesel or what? The non-Muslim American opposers say that they EXPECT RESPECT for American culture (read, not Muslim) -- I really think you are not thinking through the issue. But we should be more responsible, because we may find that we will be on the recieveing end if we are not.

Do we like pageants? No
Ought we oppose the pageant? NO -
WHY NOT? - Because it's both legal and it does not infringe on our rights, nor our OBLIGATIONs - get that?, OUR OBLIGATIONS, our religious obligations are OURS, others are not responsible for them.

Is it in good taste? - People differ on this.

I don't think they represent Pakistani women in any case, Pakistani women have literally no 'hesiat' in this set up, Just as Mukhtara Mai don't represent Pakistani women but nothing wrong if they are projecting a soft image this doomed nation...

well i dont know you feel having no hesiat because you are in Pakistan but atleast i dont feel like that. There are grave issues and these can only be solved if we raise awareness about these instead of giving doomsday verdicts

Their pageant in NO way is representing soft image of our nation in anyway.

I would prefer to present and highlight dark side of my country viz a viz women to create awareness instead of going for such cheap events which in NO way appropriate to prove beauty of women from any part of the world.

Stop promoting women as show piece

Al-Zakir put it in simple words, they should be something like "Canadian based Pakistani women contesting beauty pageant NOT Miss Pakistan"

lolzz how do they represent or can claim Miss Pakistan :sick:

well i dont know you feel having no hesiat because you are in Pakistan but atleast i dont feel like that. There are grave issues and these can only be solved if we raise awareness about these instead of giving doomsday verdicts

thats not what i feel thats what thousands of the women in this country feel, can't you see around yourself

Their pageant in NO way is representing soft image of our nation in anyway.

depends on person what he/she thinks

I would prefer to present and highlight dark side of my country viz a viz women to create awareness instead of going for such cheap events which in NO way appropriate to prove beauty of women from any part of the world.

Dark side is every where, we are a nation which loves to kill in the name of honour & which has Mukhatra Mai

You call it cheap but the women participating don't think about it that way, so you are no one to declare it 'cheap'

Stop promoting women as show piece

They already are, you really can't stop it can you?

Al-Zakir put it in simple words, they should be something like "Canadian based Pakistani women contesting beauty pageant NOT Miss Pakistan"

insecurity issues

lolzz how do they represent or can claim Miss Pakistan :sick:

Just as Muktara Mai & dark side of Pakistani women is generalized to represent Pakistan

Reactions: dbc
They have as much right to the flag as you or I do.

When was the last time you have seen Pakistani women wearing Pakistani flag on their semi-nude body ?

Lolzz when goras are using Pakistani flag on their naked bodies you consider it insult.

You hanging out with Mullah diesel or what?

lolzz are you hanging with zionists or what? lolzz i said i was NOT talking about religious point of view then why you bringing mullas and all .

The non-Muslim American opposers say that they EXPECT RESPECT for American culture (read, not Muslim) -- I really think you are not thinking through the issue. But we should be more responsible, because we may find that we will be on the recieveing end if we are not.

They have the right to say so and its up to their law makers to decide.

I dont see any irresponsible behaviour when i differ with this view and practice of beauty pageant as Criteria for judging women beauty. I still say this practice is biased and an insult to women

Do we like pageants? No
Ought we oppose the pageant? NO -
WHY NOT? - Because it's both legal and it does not infringe on our rights, nor our OBLIGATIONs - get that?, OUR OBLIGATIONS, our religious obligations are OURS, others are not responsible for them.

Is it in good taste? - People differ on this.

:p:P when i talked about Religious Obligations with regard to this shyty practice of beauty pageant ??

The contest is held regularly and its NOT special this year as well.

2. The organisers have been criticised for misusing the miseries of flood victims.

3. Whether you agree or not its my personal opinion i find these ladies ugly for many reasons one of these is that i dont see them fit for wrapping my National Flag :pakistan: around their semi naked bodies and claimed to represent Pakistani women whereas as a native Pakistani lady i find their claim as Inappropriate and an insult to our gender here in Pakistan.

They in NO way represent us. They can adopt any other name Miss this and Miss that Miss Mars of Miss Venus but for heaven sake do not use our name.

Jana! I will disagree with you here. These women do represent a part of our Pakistani women whether we like them or not. Some women in Pakistan perhaps want to become pageants. Read this

Although the organization received applications from many women in Pakistan, Ahmed explained the complicated visa process prevented any of them from competing.

Is a Miss Pakistan Pageant Appropriate Right Now?

I neither like or dislike beauty pageants but i guess we should appreciate diversity in women.

The timing of event is strictly wrong and if possible they should cancel it but it's upto them.

However, they are not doing it in Pakistan and neither they have any Govt support, i think we should dismiss it as a private event which it is.

Last edited:
thats not what i feel thats what thousands of the women in this country feel, can't you see around yourself

See around many of them are not insecure either and have the guts to raise voice for themselves instead of considering themselves behasiat. T

I have seen them today in tribal areas blocking Pak-Afghan highway in Landi Kotal in tribal agency protesting against load-shedding.:pakistan:

Dark side is every where, we are a nation which loves to kill in the name of honour & which has Mukhatra Mai

if the dark side is everywhere then stop feeling as behasiat for Pakistani women

You call it cheap but the women participating don't think about it that way, so you are no one to declare it 'cheap'

If anyone can declare parading women in scanty dresses as proof for beauty then why cant those who differ with this idea term it cheap???/

They already are, you really can't stop it can you?

Atleast i have the courage to oppose this practice of presenting women as show piece no matter if people here term me a mulah lollz

insecurity issues

:) they are insecure who are using Pakistan's name and seriously maligning the name of beauty in Pakistan lolzzz they are no where even near what beauty is considered here

Just as Muktara Mai & dark side of Pakistani women is generalized to represent Pakistan

Thats why i said stop generalising this and that

We all should oppose these kinds of things they are shameful for a nation. We all are in great trouble but some people are doing this.

Jana! I will disagree with you here. These women do represent a part of our Pakistani women whether we like them or not. Some women in Pakistan perhaps want to become pageants. Read this

Although the organization received applications from many women in Pakistan, Ahmed explained the complicated visa process prevented any of them from competing.

Is a Miss Pakistan Pageant Appropriate Right Now?

I neither like or dislike beauty pageants but i guess we should appreciate diversity in women.

The timing of event is strictly wrong and if possible they should cancel it but it's upto them.

However, they are not doing it in Pakistan and neither they have any Govt support, i think we should dismiss it as a private event which it is.

i am not talking about a part but majority. I have no issue if they dare to hold it in Pakistan and prove it if it represents the majority Pakistani women or not. if NOT then their private event in NO way represents Pakistan at all

See around many of them are not insecure either and have the guts to raise voice for themselves instead of considering themselves behasiat.

I have seen them today in tribal areas blocking Pak-Afghan highway in Landi Kotal in tribal agency protesting against load-shedding.:pakistan:

appreciated but that cannot over shadow the fact that honour killings are still going on & male mentality regarding women has not changed & women in one way or other have to surrender their rights

if the dark side is everywhere then stop feeling as behasiat for Pakistani women

Why? Who are you to tell me that?

If anyone can declare parading women in scanty dresses as proof for beauty then why cant those who differ with this idea term it cheap???

as i said before it depends on the person, Some women like Burqa some like it liberal clothes, who are you to judge & declare 'em cheap...

Atleast i have the courage to oppose this practice of presenting women as show piece no matter if people here term me a mulah lollz

Appreciated again

:) they are insecure who are using Pakistan's name and seriously maligning the name of beauty in Pakistan lolzzz they are no where even near what beauty is considered here

if a woman from Canada with Pakistani origin becomes member of Parliament you will certainly label her PAKISTANI born woman, but here just because they are doing something that you don't like you have eliminated them from circle of Pakistani women, kinda hypocrisy

Thats why i said stop generalising this and that

contradictory statement

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom