What's new

Miss Pakistan World pageant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now do not twist topic! I guess were discussing whether people who are advocating in favor of this pageant are ready to allow their women to wear same clothes!

can't you see the part i quoted

As far as those ladies in pageant are concerned they can do what they want! I have no issue as far as they are not labeling it as an (so called) promotion of soft image of Pakistan.

why? They are Pakistanis & they want it to be so, You can't stop 'em...
as i said before just because you don't like what they are doing doesn't means they can't do it under label of Pakistan, they are not hurting any one

But from calling bad as bad is what no one can stop me.
so you are indeed judging them & defining Morality, now why should i not use word 'moral brigade'

But what good is a choice if a woman has no right to exercise it, or if she has to constantly fight for it when it is much easier to take path of least resistance and follow the imposed norms.

IMO, in today's world no one should impose anything on anyone but atleast bad should be called bad! If a person chooses to do wrong, his/her choice will not make it right.

When did I say it is not personal. It is indeed a personal thing and everyone should be moderate while keeping it personal.

No! I disagree... Freedom of expression is a RIGHT and no one is in a position to put restrictions on individual freedoms ( if they don't damage the state) what is the problem?

can't you see the part i quoted

In that quoted part I was replying to Paladin's query!

why? They are Pakistanis & they want it to be so, You can't stop 'em...
as i said before just because you don't like what they are doing doesn't means they can't do it under label of Pakistan, they are not hurting any one

And I am asking same Pakistanis whether they are ready to see their own ladies in same clothes! If not than accept hypocricy.

so you are indeed judging them & defining Morality, now why should i not use word 'moral brigade'

I guess these are basic moral grounds everyone is aware of.
Nudness is immoral! Agree/Disagree?

Overwhelming majority of men in the subcontinent have double standards when it comes to women.

We have no qualms ogling other women, but would be up in arms in a jiffy if someone else does that to our family member or neighbors.

:agree: very true very true. All those Neo-liberal extremists supporting these women here if we asked them a question will they allow their own females (close ones including wives, sis and so on) to contest in the same pageant, then i am dead sure they will take this question as offensive ;) some will report it and some will come up with twisted diplomatic replies.

BUT OH well men like to see women of others in these skimpy dresses

:agree: very true very true. All those Neo-liberal extremists supporting these women here if we asked them a question will they allow their own females (close ones including wives, sis and so on) to contest in the same pageant, then i am dead sure they will take this question as offensive ;) some will report it and some will come up with twisted diplomatic replies.

BUT OH well men like to see women of others in these skimpy dresses

All those Neo-liberal extremists supporting these women here
So supporting personal expression is a bad thing now? Funny Jana you are the one most vociferous in championing the cause of Muslim women here on PDF... What happens, double standards much?

All those Neo-liberal extremists supporting these women here if we asked them a question will they allow their own females (close ones including wives, sis and so on) to contest in the same pageant, then i am dead sure they will take this question as offensive ;)

On the contrary... Where can i sign up? :P

IMO, in today's world no one should impose anything on anyone but atleast bad should be called bad! If a person chooses to do wrong, his/her choice will not make it right.

I absolutely agree with your statement.

However, the problem arises when we get to defining what is "bad". As you can see from this discussion, some people may consider girls dressing up for the aforementioned beauty pageant as "offensive".

Do you really think these girls were dressed indecently?

Problem is when moral philosophy of new insular minds is imposed on everyone else........ be it people criticizing beauty pageants in Pakistan or people opposing valentine's day in India.

I guess that is one thing that unites India and Pakistan....... male hegemony over women in their countries :yahoo:

Perhaps we can categorize the desire by these girls to compete in the beauty pageant in the 4th tier...... Ego, esteem ---- recognition from others, prestige and status
:cheers:
Perhaps or even Self Actualisation. Not everyone wants to be teacher, doctor, lawyer, engineer. :P

They are never going to hold a beauty pageant in Pakistan. This is the only way we are going to get Miss Pakistan.

However, our women are beautiful enough; do we really need to find the most beautiful one? Personally I feel beauty pagenats are exploitation of female sexuality and not in favour of holding one.

ohhh crap ive seen this pagentmet with former miss pakistan a couple weeks ago good person but as always ready to show herself in a matter of seconds

Shouldnt we be enough to enjoy the beauty of our own women? Why should we go and undress our women for the whole world to see? IMO this is not our culture and against our eastern values.

We dont need to impress the world with the bauty of our women..its us who need to be impressed...All of us Indo.Pak men will go after an Ugly old white european woman..and leave one of their own much more attractive woman..Its all about the impression...
This needs to be changed...

Irrelevant and off-topic posts and their replies have been deleted.

My two cents on this;

Forget religion, liberalism, modernism etc.

The simple fact of the matter is that we don't even know what our culture is. Our culture doesn't permit our women to act like these wannabes. If only we learned to respect our traditions and culture, we'd be able to find our "Identity" which we haven't been able to discover.

We're stuck between the cultures from Hinduism and Western Liberalism. We're stuck between Sufism and Religious Extremism. We're stuck between Liberalism and Liberal Fascism. The only issue is that it's been more than 60 years and we're still stuck here and there.

Discover your own true Identity, only then you would realize how disgraceful such "Wannabes" are to a Pakistani.

Too many irrelevant and utterly disgraceful discussions going on over here. Thread Closed!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom