What's new

Miss Pakistan World pageant

Status
Not open for further replies.
i wonder if anyone on this thread would allow their sister or mother to go on a stage half naked to prove their worth and their "equality".

I wonder why the liberal tag is indirectly proportional to Muslim female's dress. The more clothes less liberal and less clothes more liberal. Nonetheless moderation is the best policy.

so its mean miss pakistan is not allowed to be pregnent?

It's a yearly pageant.

There is a new Miss Pak every year.

This year it's Annie Rupani.

IMG_7905.JPG

But i still wish they would put the pageant in Pakistan. I asked the organizer why they wouldn't and she said 'that it's unsafe right now, maybe when things cool down.'

Instead of judging and prizing people by looks, if they gave them a whole year of time to compete in welfare activites and then come back to present their achivements. Not only the idea would win but it will make better sense and benefit the community. Some goals could be like free educational or medical help, writting in international papers to advance certain cause, research on something, free economic consultation to the poor, etc etc.

Do we have to wait until Iran pitches in with such idea??

Instead of judging and prizing people by looks, if they gave them a whole year of time to compete in welfare activites and then come back to present their achivements.

It is basically a beauty pageant. The public service awards are different.

i support the pageant.....yes there are floods, there's terrorism.

doesnt mean all life must come to a hault and we must cry ourselves to sleep

that's what always set this country apart and made it special....even in times of crises, we dont wail and cry about it. We endure it, and go on with our lives. Perhaps events like these can put Pakistan in better spotlight and show the softer side, the real side of Pakistan

^The contestants are highly educated and actually COMPETE against each other in humanitarian work and community services.

Annie Rupani - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

more power to them then

by the way, why did she win the pageant? Is this a joke? She's good looking, but there are so many others who could have easily ''out-done'' her

A whole industry dedicated to "Pretend Miss Pakistans".

Till these are not conducted in Pakistan with giving all of Pakistan a chance to participate, the Pakistani look will not emerge out of these beauty pageants.

This is true too. And they should do away with the bollywood garbage during Pakistani events (if the article is to be believed). That would be my first suggestion.

Last edited:
Could they have postponed the event after the Ramzan say the least. :coffee:

Allama Iqbal rightly said in Jawab-e-Shikwa

Umra nasha-e-daulat mein hain ghafil hum se,
Zinda hai millat-e-baiza ghurba ke dam se.

Shor hai ho gaye duniya se musalmaan naabood,
Hum yeh kahte hain ke the bhi kahin Muslim maujood?

Waza mein tum ho nisari, tau tamuddan mein Hanood,
Yeh musalmaan hain! Jinhen dekh ke sharmain Yahud?

@Abu

dunno i guess her looks outweighed.

and they didnt use any indian stuff at all when i saw the video. it was only pakistani songs

@zakir

they should have but i dont think it would have made much of a difference among the contestants.

@zakir

they should have but i dont think it would have made much of a difference among the contestants.

Not only sad but produced a head less result by some maloon minded scums. :tdown:

Even Hindus showed more respect in the month of Ramzan( they hold their ritual during Iftar) in our country yet these Islamic name Munafiqs are out there to destroy the basic Islamic teaching. :hitwall:

Even Hindus showed more respect in the month of Ramzan( they hold their ritual during Iftar) in our country

ok.

yet these Islamic name Munafiqs are out there to destroy the basic Islamic teaching. :hitwall:

Some people are not religious. That doesn't mean they are trying to 'destroy basic islamic teaching.'

miss Pakistan in boston...don't get this one??

Boston University.

i wonder if anyone on this thread would allow their sister or mother to go on a stage half naked to prove their worth and their "equality".

I don't understand why do people have to bring things down to your sister you mother, lol

Girls performing are not sisters of any one or what?

Last edited:
I don't understand why do people have to bring things down to your sister you mother, lol

I guess, this is one best way to judge credibility of one's words. If a person is advocating semi nakedness for other's sister and mother then he should also admit it to have courage to see her sister or mother in same dress!

Girls performing are not sisters of any one or what?

Their are many type of people! Many even allow their ladies to become prostitutes. It does not mean that other should follow them.

I guess, this is one best way to judge credibility of one's words. If a person is advocating semi nakedness for other's sister and mother then he should also admit it to have courage to see her sister or mother in same dress!

Why do you want to judge?
Lemme give you an example,all of you see the semi naked women (accept it or not thats another issue) then this means you will also want to get your sisters into it? Going by your logic, No you won't but does this stops you from seeing it all, NO

Twisted logic & it might hurt a few people here(no doubt)

You are no one to judge a person because you simply lack the authority over morality & there is no instrument to measure it..

Their are many type of people! Many even allow their ladies to become prostitutes. It does not mean that other should follow them.

Blown out of context, Prostitution is not simple & straight phenomenon

BTW who are the customers of Prostitutes?

Pakistani beauty pageant organizer faces criticism
Published On Fri Aug 20 2010

db02df044dbda1fbe0a5cf4af2c3.jpeg

You call that beautiful? You can find more beautiful girls in my ancestral village in Northern Punjab.

Girls like these are a disgrace to Pakistanis everywhere. They dont know anything about Pakistani culture if they dress like that in public.

^^^

Another one, It just so easy to judge people, These girls are a disgrace to Pakistan but Taliban & hypocrites are not a disgrace, The little bit of grace that is left will be destroyed by the Pakistanis themselves...

Keep it up 'Moral Brigade'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom