What's new

Miss Pakistan World pageant

Status
Not open for further replies.
The pageant is being held in North America - so what's the beef? Life did not come to an end did it? Pretty or Ugly, tall or short, it's all good, people are alive and joyful and HOPEFUL.

There are lot of beautiful Pakistani women but only insecure skanks participate in these pagents shows due ther outright pervertness. I have friends looking better than any of the contestants.

Exactly my university and office colleagues are much good looking than any of these so called Miss Pakistan. :tdown:

Astaghfirula hil Azeem, itni churian hein yh Pakistani contestant.
Beauty to Pakistan mein hi reh gai, bahir sara ganda maal chala gaya.

These fugly things are trying to get cheap publicity at the expense of flood victims by coming up with false claims

Easy - it's just a beauty pageant - and it raises money for flood victims, nothing to get tied up in knots about.

Whether rhey are fat or ugly, the judges should be trusted to make the right decision - for Pakistani governments neglgence in planning for the flood.

When people with ugly minds call other people ugly, its not funny.

Good point ! Nonetheless, over 80% of Pakistani community in Canada is against the Miss Canada-Pakistan Beauty Pageant held yearly in Toronto. This year the beauty pageant was in Ramadan that created controversy. They icing to the cake was the devastating floods that have displaced 20 million people in Pakistan. The organizers do not have any flexibility or any sympathy. Like President Zardari they are totally disconnected from reality they live in another world where the life is always pretty and beautiful.

Nahraf

80% of Americans are against building a Islamic center - does that mean they are right??????

Please don't lose your ability to think -

By the way, should Haj be stopped so that the money being spent on Haj tourism can be spent on Flood victims?

I personally don't agree with the beauty pageant myself, but

a) This is for charity
b) No one really takes them seriously.
c) It makes no difference to me if a girl gets to wear a tiara and pretend to be Miss Pakistan.

However, the extremist comments here against these people, especially the girls who are just aspiring participants and not organizers, is totally wrong at all levels.

I personally don't agree with the beauty pageant myself, but

a) This is for charity
b) No one really takes them seriously.
c) It makes no difference to me if a girl gets to wear a tiara and pretend to be Miss Pakistan.

However, the extremist comments here against these people, especially the girls who are just aspiring participants and not organizers, is totally wrong at all levels.

The contest is held regularly and its NOT special this year as well.

2. The organisers have been criticised for misusing the miseries of flood victims.

3. Whether you agree or not its my personal opinion i find these ladies ugly for many reasons one of these is that i dont see them fit for wrapping my National Flag :pakistan: around their semi naked bodies and claimed to represent Pakistani women whereas as a native Pakistani lady i find their claim as Inappropriate and an insult to our gender here in Pakistan.

They in NO way represent us. They can adopt any other name Miss this and Miss that Miss Mars of Miss Venus but for heaven sake do not use our name.

Nahraf

80% of Americans are against building a Islamic center - does that mean they are right??????

Please don't lose your ability to think -

I am in 20% that support the beauty pageant. Where did I compare apples with oranges that you bring unrelated issues like New York masjid in this discussion ? I was just telling you the ground reality of Pakistani-Canadian attitude towards this beauty pageant. I would have preferred that it be held in the second week of September after Eid a delay of three weeks.

By the way, should Haj be stopped so that the money being spent on Haj tourism can be spent on Flood victims?

Haj takes place at particular date of the Islamic calender. That cannot be changed. Beauty pageant date has not been ordained by an higher power to be held on that particular day. No wonder we have people who cannot distinguish between the holy and the profane.

Last edited:
should Haj be stopped so that the money being spent on Haj tourism can be spent on Flood victims?

Use some criteria offered by respected Jan:

The contest is held regularly and its NOT special this year as well.

Same for Haj, right?

They in NO way represent us

Whose us? Who died and said they had to "represent" you? Last I checked the world did not need your approval to exist.

Take it easy - just a pageant, that's all. If you think you are better, you should join the pageant and show them how it's done - got it going on, and all that

Same for Haj, right?

:blink: you are comparing a flesh promotion market with Haj??

How these two, one being religious ritual showing equality of mankind be it a King or an ordinary man praying at the same place in same dress, whereas the other is useless excercise born out of frustration to prove that women are beautiful because men have fixed a fake criteria for beauty by measuring their body parts??????

Whose us? Who died and said they had to "represent" you? Last I checked the world did not need your approval to exist.

You are indeed nobody but women of Pakistan are somebody who do not agree to these women claiming to represent entire Pakistani woman community.

Take it easy - just a pageant, that's all. If you think you are better, you should join the pageant and show them how it's done - got it going on, and all that

Thank you very much i am not frustrated like them neither i have to prove my beauty by parading half-naked infront of men.

On another note dont be resorting to personal attacks. If you have problem with my opposition to these ladies' wearing Pakistani name and flag then you can join them to support them i have no problem with that either.

:cheers:

you are comparing a flesh promotion market with Haj??

That is a comparison you have successfully made. I only suggested that it is a everyday common activity. If you want to get more holy than thou, that is a game you play by yourself.

women of Pakistan are somebody who do not agree to these women claiming to represent entire Pakistani woman community

And now you speak for "women of Pakistan"? Take it, eeeasy.

i have to prove my beauty by parading half-naked infront of men

That's hardly necessary -- I think I got your point that you find beauty pageants, especially if ugly girls are involved, to be "unworthy" and "ordinary" -- all I'm saying is that it's for the people involved with the pageant to decide that for themselves, after all, you are not a contestant nor a judge, nor a organizer, right? So why such indignationabout an insignificant light hearted commnity event?

That is a comparison you have successfully made. I only suggested that it is a everyday common activity. If you want to get more holy than thou, that is a game you play by yourself.

Its not about Holiness or not its about your wrong comparison between a useless beauty contest and Haj when you said Haj is also not special and everyday routine. Which is BTW NOT everyday common activity. I dont know from where you got that.

And now you speak for "women of Pakistan"? Take it, eeeasy.

Please take the view of majority Pakistani women and you will find the answer. If NOT Then what these participant women are claiming is also not worth taking as speaking on behalf of Pakistani women

That's hardly necessary -- I think I got your point that you find beauty pageants, especially if ugly girls are involved, to be "unworthy" and "ordinary" -- all I'm saying is that it's for the people involved with the pageant to decide that for themselves, after all, you are not a contestant nor a judge, nor a organizer, right? So why such indignationabout an insignificant light hearted commnity event?

NOP its not my point. My point is why women should be made a commodity and paraded in scanty outfits to prove the fact that she is beautiful ??

Why and how beauty pageants are a criteria or proving point for judging beauty of women.

Above all Why not to respect a women for her abilities and not for flesh .

(those who are taking part in it thats their choice and right i have no objection over their decision. All i am saying that this is NO authentic parameter for declaring a woman beautiful.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom