What's new

Mirage should be hand over to navy

I meant helicopter carrier. Is the Mirage squadron a part of PN or the PAF sir?

PAF.
And someone said we need night capability Mirage is a nightmare for the enemy in the dark. I have done 2 exercises with the Americans Carriers will tell you some other day what we accomplished with mirages in the dark they could not believe themselves.

PAF.
And someone said we need night capability Mirage is a nightmare for the enemy in the dark. I have done 2 exercises with the Americans Carriers will tell you some other day what we accomplished with mirages in the dark they could not believe themselves.

First of all Slam to u sir
I waiting for ur post abt Mirage exercises with USA
Sir did u remain on Sargodha Base? If so then at which tenure n which aircraft u flew?

64, 71, 74, 86.

oh it means u remained companian of MM ALAM n u also fought 1965 war
In 65 which plan u flew?
If u were at Sargodha it means u also flew F-16
By the way i live jst 4 Km in south of Sargodha Air Base

PAF.

When was it done sir?...Can you atleast tell the year.

yep french will have no headache in selling their 2 remaining squads out of 4 of F1 Mirages though thunders are currently being started to produce mean while we can have those F1s duh but out khazana is khali this gives me headache.

oh it means u remained companian of MM ALAM n u also fought 1965 war
In 65 which plan u flew?
If u were at Sargodha it means u also flew F-16
By the way i live jst 4 Km in south of Sargodha Air Base

Yes I did fly with MM Alam a lot. Him and I have served Pakistan on many fronts. No one in PAF used to call MM ALAM he was called Chief his Airforce name given by us was Chief.
I started my flying with T-6 Harvard as a student went to T-33 in 2 SQD from there went to FLS Peshawar which is now called 26 conversion on F-86. Fought the war in my beloved F-86. In Decca 14 SQD and in Peshawar 26 SQD. From F-86 went on F-104s , than Mirage III, V than F-6, FT-6, F-7, F-16.
Courses abroad I had the pleasure of flying F-14, T-38, C-5 Galaxy C-141 and have 50 hours on Puma anD 22 hours on Apaches (fort Rucker ) total of 6436hr not including 1800hr on T-33 as an IP up till today I have the highest number of students ever a total of 69. All afghan vest are my students lowest rank my student has ever Achieved is Air Cdre, 3 of my students made COAS 4 made VCOAS.
Well if you were born by 1979 Oct than I owe you an apology because in 6 weeks I broke the sound barrier 31 times. :lol::lol::lol::lol: so sorry if I scared you .
We have been exercising with the US since 1964, 1972, 1974,1975, 1979,1981, 1985, 1990. 1993, 1995 and so on The one I am talking is 1974, 1979.

Yes I did fly with MM Alam a lot. Him and I have served Pakistan on many fronts. No one in PAF used to call MM ALAM he was called Chief his Airforce name given by us was Chief.
I started my flying with T-6 Harvard as a student went to T-33 in 2 SQD from there went to FLS Peshawar which is now called 26 conversion on F-86. Fought the war in my beloved F-86. In Decca 14 SQD and in Peshawar 26 SQD. From F-86 went on F-104s , than Mirage III, V than F-6, FT-6, F-7, F-16.
Courses abroad I had the pleasure of flying F-14, T-38, C-5 Galaxy C-141 and have 50 hours on Puma anD 22 hours on Apaches (fort Rucker ) total of 6436hr not including 1800hr on T-33 as an IP up till today I have the highest number of students ever a total of 69. All afghan vest are my students lowest rank my student has ever Achieved is Air Cdre, 3 of my students made COAS 4 made VCOAS.
Well if you were born by 1979 Oct than I owe you an apology because in 6 weeks I broke the sound barrier 31 times. :lol::lol::lol::lol: so sorry if I scared you .
We have been exercising with the US since 1964, 1972, 1974,1975, 1979,1981, 1985, 1990. 1993, 1995 and so on The one I am talking is 1974, 1979.

Thx sir for such valued info
I born in 1990
How many hours of F-16 u flew?
Sarfraz Raffiquie is also a notable person among MM ALAM
Hve u lived among Riffiquie?
Whn u gor retirement?

Thx sir for such valued info
I born in 1990
How many hours of F-16 u flew?
Sarfraz Raffiquie is also a notable person among MM ALAM
Hve u lived among Riffiquie?
Whn u gor retirement?

You have started to sound like my mother:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Your resume is very, very impressive. From what I have read above, not only were you a very capable pilot, but also a very gifted teacher. I would kill to be your student. But, alas! you have retired and my Air Force dreams are just that, dreams.

Your resume is very, very impressive. From what I have read above, not only were you a very capable pilot, but also a very gifted teacher. I would kill to be your student. But, alas! you have retired and my Air Force dreams are just that, dreams.

If you are in the air force even a few words from an ex pilot is more than enough to hone your skills. So why regret? Be happy that you know him.

PAF.

I posted this message on the "Fantastic Pictures Of PAF" thread in the Media section before reading the above post. Is this the event you are referring to?

In one of the "Inspired Alert" exercises, the PAF pilots were supposed to try to get "as close to the aircraft carrier" as possible without detection, and accomplish other tasks. USN was tasked to detect Pakistani intruders and USN fighters (F-14s) were to intercept them. Both sides had complete freedom in selecting their strategy. The USN was very confident that the PAF Mirages would not be able to get too close, mainly because their RADARs and other equipment were superior to anything Pakistan had. To their amazement, not only did 2 Mirage fighters get "as close as possible", they even flew low beside the aircraft carrier, "buzzing" the deck.

They stayed undetected by flying dangerously low over the sea under RADAR cover, and by creating diversions and fooling them into thinking the main intruders were coming from a different direction (other Mirages, I think). By the time they realized that 2 Mirages had made it close, it was too late to interecept them. This forced even senior USN pilots to react.

I read this story in a book about PAF exercises, but I have forgotten its name. I have also forgotten many other details, like the name of the carrier, the year of the exercise and the exact Mirage type (III or V). All I remember is that they had an artist's concept picture on a full page, showing two Mirages zooming towards the deck of a USN aircraft carrier and the sun setting in the distance.

Please feel free to correct any inaccuracies. I read this a long time ago.
Full post here
http://www.defence.pk/forums/324495-post18.html

Inspired Alert 1995 and Inspired Alert 1997 It was USS Kitty HAWK. Wing Cmd Faisal S. and Sqd Iqbal In MirageIII
PAF has been involved with CENTO Exercises since 1964

Well you never scared me. I was always safe under the bed :lol:

Back
Top Bottom