What's new

Mirage should be hand over to navy

Every country's navy has his own doctrine, Pakistan Navy is a defensive force plus we have a limited budget. we cant afford luxuries like aircraft carrier, whatever we are maintaining or buying I believe its already beyond our limits.

atleast an LPD or a helicopter carrier will be far more useful than buying those costly destroyers.

Sir,
Why do you think the only job of the Navy is to defend your coastline? The navy can do much more than that. It can project power, it can be used for chest thumping, instills pride, act as an elongation to your diplomatic effort. There are lots more a navy can do which the army and air-force can only dream of doing. The Pakistani navy must have its own independent airwing and its own LPDs if not aircraft carrier.

Navy is pretty much set they have 1 SQD of Mirages which are upgrades and 1 on standby. A ship carrier for what a 20 miles radius. you got be be kidding yes if you are comparing it with India you guys have a big shore line comparing Pakistan.

Our surface fleet is very vulnerable, thanks to Mig-29Ks. Untill we have an aircraft carrier or some long range J-10s or J-11s or air-refueling probe equipped JF-17s + Air Refuelers, I would put my bet on more sophisticated Subs, and ASW aircrafts.
Mig-29K's availability is subject to the availability of Admiral Goshkov (the burnt Russian carrier which they r gonna re-furbish and hand it over to India, the deal will include M-29 K also). The reason i preferred destroyers over the procurement of old mirages is that A potent Destroyer can easily address the threat of sub marines, surface vessels and AC. It can provide a good short range air cover not only to its self but also other smaller vessels around it. So either Mig-29K has to face the SAM or it will resort to long range stand off weapons (like the SEA EAGLE). If it resorts to long range stand off weapons then the whole concept of having a carrier in the sea dies.
India already possess Sea Harrier which is good in Maritime operations....
the bottom line is Massing numbers wont help, you need to have the right weapon at the right place

Mig-29K's availability is subject to the availability of Admiral Goshkov (the burnt Russian carrier which they r gonna re-furbish and hand it over to India, the deal will include M-29 K also).
Nope, the MiG 29K goes to the IN regardless of the Gorshkov. If anything they can be rerouted to the IAF which is already upgrading its MiG 29's to the MiG 29K level.

IIRC, IN pilots are already training on the MiG 29K in Russia.

The reason i preferred destroyers over the procurement of old mirages is that A potent Destroyer can easily address the threat of sub marines, surface vessels and AC. It can provide a good short range air cover not only to its self but also other smaller vessels around it. So either Mig-29K has to face the SAM or it will resort to long range stand off weapons (like the SEA EAGLE). If it resorts to long range stand off weapons then the whole concept of having a carrier in the sea dies.
Nope it doesnt. It STILL gives you the added advantage of attacking from an entirely different direction or multiple directions simultaneously from the sea as well as from land maybe in coordination with IAF?

Secondly, IN primarily wants the MiG 29K's and Vik for Fleet Air Defence. Strike is a secondary objective, Interception is a futher distant third.

India already possess Sea Harrier which is good in Maritime operations....
the bottom line is Massing numbers wont help, you need to have the right weapon at the right place
True, thus the jump from Harrier to MiG 29K.

Navy is pretty much set they have 1 SQD of Mirages which are upgrades and 1 on standby. A ship carrier for what a 20 miles radius. you got be be kidding yes if you are comparing it with India you guys have a big shore line comparing Pakistan.

I meant helicopter carrier. Is the Mirage squadron a part of PN or the PAF sir?

Nope, the MiG 29K goes to the IN regardless of the Gorshkov. If anything they can be rerouted to the IAF which is already upgrading its MiG 29's to the MiG 29K level.

IIRC, IN pilots are already training on the MiG 29K in Russia.

Nope it doesnt. It STILL gives you the added advantage of attacking from an entirely different direction or multiple directions simultaneously from the sea as well as from land maybe in coordination with IAF?

Secondly, IN primarily wants the MiG 29K's and Vik for Fleet Air Defence. Strike is a secondary objective, Interception is a futher distant third.

True, thus the jump from Harrier to MiG 29K.
I was talking about Pakistan Navy !!!

Its not an Important Issue. Their Expenses are Paid by the Govt of Pakistan for Defence spending. If you want to Know they are Operated by PAF and PAF is Responsible for their Maintenance and all the issues including Finance.

In between services there is always a lot of rivalry, and a lot of infighting over funding.

I said after replacing wth JF-17 n u knw very well that only 8 JF-17 r in service so i m nt saying that they must be replaced at once

So its better that read the post carefully

even a single AC needs ground Support ......u wont get it , I am done with this
:coffee:

Mirage is best for strike missions so its suitable for Navy. secondly our economy is in crisis so its good way to enhance the navy capabilities by saving money

In this way our economy will not be effected n our Navy capability will be enhanced. Maintance of mirage is not a problem coz we have upgradation n maintance facilty already in Pakistan Aeronautical Complex
Thx:pakistan:

Mirage is best for strike missions so its suitable for Navy. secondly our economy is in crisis so its good way to enhance the navy capabilities by saving money

In this way our economy will not be effected n our Navy capability will be enhanced. Maintance of mirage is not a problem coz we have upgradation n maintance facilty already in Pakistan Aeronautical Complex
Thx:pakistan:
Do u suggest any changes in those Mirages ? What weapon are they Gonna Carry ? Where R u getting those From ? Where will u The Additional pilots from (or take out the surge from Cuz the Mirage Pilots will go Thunder, right!). Pens ?
Waiting 4 u r informative answer!

Do u suggest any changes in those Mirages ? What weapon are they Gonna Carry ? Where R u getting those From ? Where will u The Additional pilots from (or take out the surge from Cuz the Mirage Pilots will go Thunder, right!). Pens ?
Waiting 4 u r informative answer!

Ur behaving just as a child
1) 12 Mirages r already in service n they r also using strike weapons for naval purpose so new mirages wil also use those weapons.

2) We r not always in state of war n ISSB is for pilot selection so we can prepare pilots easily n there will also some extra pilots or PAF has only one pilot for each AC in fleet?

3) ROSE III is enough

Thats al:coffee:

Yes i agree what metal falcon has said before i tink it could be only possilble if JF-17 is available to replace Mirage-V's and they could be integrated with Exocets for anti-shipping roles and they look quite deadly and after that they could replace their mirages with JF-17's may be 2-3 squadrons for the same role other than 10-12 MPA's and dividing it into two wings one at Mehran and other at PASNI. to have a full control over pak waters in EAST & WEST as well.

We are maintaining Mirages over the years we have all support but let P.A.F do the role yeah i think IF we get 2 Squadrons of F1 Mirages for special use for Navy i would be glad to see them.

We are maintaining Mirages over the years we have all support but let P.A.F do the role yeah i think IF we get 2 Squadrons of F1 Mirages for special use for Navy i would be glad to see them.

I hv said already bt Maxi dear is nt agree. He is an angry young man

To Maxi

Dear chill dwn. dnt take the topic on ur nerves. Its a forum:cheers:

Back
Top Bottom