What's new

Mirage, F-7PG and other combat aircrafts

Can these Mirages really fulfill their job description, say for the sake of wargaming, it's a war in 2018 and we need to strike deep in India?

And sanctioned strength: I know it's not but shouldn't that be an evolving number. IAF, for instance is operating well below that number.

Admitted that's it's an arduous task but won't it eventually ease things out with just 3 types of Aircrafts to maintain? Can't 3 new squadrons of JFT fill in for them and then likely any future conflict is going to be a limited one and not an all-out war.

first of striking deep into india for what. PAF will have its hands full with the 30'odd IAF bases along the eastern border. a combibation of mirage-rose, vipers and JFT's would be used,

Can these Mirages really fulfill their job description, say for the sake of wargaming, it's a war in 2018 and we need to strike deep in India?

And sanctioned strength: I know it's not but shouldn't that be an evolving number. IAF, for instance is operating well below that number.

Admitted that's it's an arduous task but won't it eventually ease things out with just 3 types of Aircrafts to maintain? Can't 3 new squadrons of JFT fill in for them and then likely any future conflict is going to be a limited one and not an all-out war.
Yes, they (esp Mirage-VEF / -VDD/ -IIIEL variants) are eligible to perform such strike missions. In present scenario or say 2018, they would never be flying solo but rather complimented by F-16s or JF-17s as top cover.

Just wonder, can these old planes sell to Jordan, Algeria, and other Arab friendly countries for some money to upgrade on JF-17s or secret projects?

lol these planes are allready given by them to us

Now we need to throw old junks and other garbages for some million dollars, PAF is lagging behind in many ways and today's modern advanced airforce welfares.

F7PG can should be equipped with better WVR missles and a BVR capability added with SD10 new cockpit like the MIG21 bisons.

The Mirages i would use purely for NAVY SUPPORT land based carrying anti ship cuise missles and some limited air combat cover .

LEAVE THE JOB OF MAINTAINING AIR SUPERIORITY & CAS over PAK airspace to Thunders & F16.

IMO by 2018 PAF should look like this

,,7 \\/

p bb,k[p;.6 F16 MLU/52
100 JF17 mk1 & 2xxxxxxxxx

#

F7PG can should be equipped with better WVR missles and a BVR capability added with SD10 new cockpit like the MIG21 bisons.

The Mirages i would use purely for NAVY SUPPORT land based carrying anti ship cuise missles and some limited air combat cover .

LEAVE THE JOB OF MAINTAINING AIR SUPERIORITY & CAS over PAK airspace to Thunders & F16.

IMO by 2018 PAF should look like this

Thank You so much for your words of wisdom

I will write a letter to CAS and DCAS and tell them to implement exactly what you said. You are the best friend of Pakistan Air Force, its best well wisher. What could we possibly do without your words of wisdom, we would have perished in our utter incompetency if it weren't for your Hon Storm Force the most brilliant Tactical and Strategic Mind for Aerial Warfare.

Thank You so much for your words of wisdom
I will write a letter to CAS and DCAS and tell them to implement exactly what you said. You are the best friend of Pakistan Air Force, its best well wisher. What could we possibly do without your words of wisdom, we would have perished in our utter incompetency if it weren't for your Hon Storm Force the most brilliant Tactical and Strategic Mind for Aerial Warfare.

Just put the hatred aside mate.

Your attempt at sarcasm is pathetic

@Storm Force i will agree that PAF need to put much better WVR missiles on all of its fighter with at least good quality HMS if HMD is not possible and F-7PG also fall in this category. The reason for it is that many future air battles in Indo Pak scenario will still be WVRs ones.

@Storm Force i will agree that PAF need to put much better WVR missiles on all of its fighter with at least good quality HMS if HMD is not possible and F-7PG also fall in this category. The reason for it is that many future air battles in Indo Pak scenario will still be WVRs ones.

F7PG already have good WVRAAM's cued up with very effective HMS.

If you state AirComabt will be WVR - Then let me highlight why PAF shyed away in 1999.

Gentlemen - If I can SHOOT an Allegator by a Gun - Why should I use a Spear.... This simple logic xplains use BVR against WVR missile.

If you state AirComabt will be WVR - Then let me highlight why PAF shyed away in 1999.

Gentlemen - If I can SHOOT an Allegator by a Gun - Why should I use a Spear.... This simple logic xplains use BVR against WVR missile

First lets get one thing clear, we never "shied" away in 1999. You were just too scared to be shot down like '65 and '71 if you came in close.

Secondly, while I agree with your ridiculously cheesy example of the preferrance of BVR over WVR, there will always be room for WVR for years to come and you would be naive to assume otherwise.

First lets get one thing clear, we never "shied" away in 1999. You were just too scared to be shot down like '65 and '71 if you came in close.

Congratulations you are Right.

By the way why did you not pay back for 10 AUG 1999 incident ? with your Superiority.....

Secondly, while I agree with your ridiculously cheesy example of the preferrance of BVR over WVR, there will always be room for WVR for years to come and you would be naive to assume otherwise.

Can you illustrate in which case will I like to give away my Technological edge & take chance.....

Its like Saying F22 will fly with Landing Gear Open & go for an Air Interdiction sortie.

Last edited:

Gentlemen - If I can SHOOT an Allegator by a Gun - Why should I use a Spear.... This simple logic xplains use BVR against WVR missile.
Give_that_man_a_cookie.jpg

Congratulations you are Right.

By the way why did you not pay back for 10 AUG 1999 incident ? with your Superiority.....

First of all, the term ''shied away'' is nothing short of chest thumping and be in love with yourself. Both air forces remained within their respective borders and even tracked each others flights, when the Indian MiGs ingressed into Pakistani airspace, they both found out to their cost. As for the Atlantique incident, firstly it's against PAF's doctrine to shoot down an unarmed aircraft especially outside a total war, the IAF, OTOH, after loosing the two MiGs and a Chopper was desperate to salvage some pride hence it prided it'self by shooting down an unarmed airliner size aircraft..... later PAF became the first air force to shoot down a IAI Searcher II UAV of the IAF.

A PAF Mirage V PA-2 with an assortment of weapons including HAFR, CBUs, Iron bombs and AAMs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom